test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4!

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    It's probably not going to be available till October or November.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    good other games will be out far before then.....
    Please keep your pc elitism away from my console. I will be happier with your segregation as well.

any day you wan tot use the dumbed down console version of any game vs me , ill put real money where my mouth is ....and that's reality....sucks dont t fly boy. THEY are dong this to suck up some cash is all....at people like me that put cash into it...
    One of the reasons spent a fair bit is because it s f2p, and the space combat is very enjoyable....you dumb that up and its buy buy from me....hope you console guys/gals are as generous as i am/was....and they have to segregate....why?

A) no pc fleet will have anyone on consoles cause well read the quote had above and others that state your so hamstrung with that ll toy you use you will never keep up and cause us all pan and death....

B)once your fleet of consoles gets going we challenge you and we pwn you all the time it causes your people to cry and dumb it back more...which we laugh and go next game....your stuck with crud....

remember the avg s 2.2% of players in f2p pay.....
    so lets play pretend, steam says avg about 1400 players , that's 28 -30 of us paying cash
    losing a few of me requires a huge uptake on console....dont put too much money into helping you and the numbers are lower i hope .....no really....one cool game i remember that had an action for every key and then some was freespace 2....wow that was fun to MASTER...

C)the pc will always be more elite and when were getting a ton of new gf cards coming out recently that console garbage well its looking like YOUR falling far behind fast. I CAN spend 200-300 and be better then any ps4 or xbox....RIGHT NOW. why would spend more and have to keep spending that more every time and fall behind every time UGH..no not elitism logic..pure unadulterated vulcan logic..you consolers are just a lil more money for a game that should have its ground design completely redesigned, like years ago.
    and note according to steam with new thing they brought out they got 900% increase n numbers over a month....watch when this happens....

my opinion....

• Options
    yorkrossyorkross Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Please keep your pc elitism away from my console. I will be happier with your segregation as well.

any day you wan tot use the dumbed down console version of any game vs me , ill put real money where my mouth is ....and that's reality....sucks dont t fly boy. THEY are dong this to suck up some cash is all....at people like me that put cash into it...
    One of the reasons spent a fair bit is because it s f2p, and the space combat is very enjoyable....you dumb that up and its buy buy from me....hope you console guys/gals are as generous as i am/was....and they have to segregate....why?

A) no pc fleet will have anyone on consoles cause well read the quote had above and others that state your so hamstrung with that ll toy you use you will never keep up and cause us all pan and death....

B)once your fleet of consoles gets going we challenge you and we pwn you all the time it causes your people to cry and dumb it back more...which we laugh and go next game....your stuck with crud....

so lets play pretend, steam says avg about 1400 players , that's 28 -30 of us paying cash
    losing a few of me requires a huge uptake on console....dont put too much money into helping you and the numbers are lower i hope .....no really....one cool game i remember that had an action for every key and then some was freespace 2....wow that was fun to MASTER...

C)the pc will always be more elite and when were getting a ton of new gf cards coming out recently that console garbage well its looking like YOUR falling far behind fast. I CAN spend 200-300 and be better then any ps4 or xbox....RIGHT NOW. why would spend more and have to keep spending that more every time and fall behind every time UGH..no not elitism logic..pure unadulterated vulcan logic..you consolers are just a lil more money for a game that should have its ground design completely redesigned, like years ago.
    and note according to steam with new thing they brought out they got 900% increase n numbers over a month....watch when this happens....

my opinion....

54955114.jpg
    /10char
    :expressionless:
  • Options
    xaneksxaneks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Pingas!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    When are we getting the T6 Steamrunner? I want my Team Fortress 2 console so I can stack it with my team fortress console.
  • Options
    spy#5926 spy Member Posts: 1 New User
    gvfd
    xfxf\

klmklmkl

l
    l
    lll

'l
    ll
    l
  • Options
    kyle#8877 kyle Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Just seen a vid on a game called rebel galaxy looks kind of good but am not sure if i should get invested in it or just wait for sto any advice would be welcome.
  • Options
    sto is free to play ...and in tme you could get anyhtng n the game wthout cash if you grind the dilithum....its one reason tossed out cash cause i know some wont pay and at tme i had been given a 7600 settlement a few years back for disability...yup tossed ..of course not all that went to just THIS game but a few f2p games i play, nor all of it ( some to an ebike and some not the bank,and some to a NICE PC ) so play and have a lil fun here , see if you like and id say wait on other games till there out.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    yorkross wrote: »

my opinion....

54955114.jpg
    /10char
    :expressionless:

yup your a console player i can tell, just change the paper for your controller...and wella...
    :P

• Options
    wag61283wag61283 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    null

We are all gamers first so what does it matter which system we play on as long as we have fun with the game. I am looking forward to seeing what it is like both as a gamer and a fan of Star Trek . Chronoss you seem like nothing but a little kid who is not getting their way so you try to make themselves more important then they are. So do us all a favor and just shut up and move on you.
    Post edited by wag61283 on
  • Options
    Well said he makes real gamers on all platforms look bad He's a disgrace to all real gamers everywhere.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Well this got nasty quickly.
    SecondaryOddballBoutu.gif
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    An honestly Kyle I say give both a shot since sto will be free to play and that way you could play both and see which one you like more or enjoyed both
  • Options
    when will we see the T6 steamrunner?
  • Options
    Xaneks please post a separate topic about your question. Otherwise your just spamming in a area that has nothing to do with ships.
  • Options
    It is nonetheless a valid question and this is the perfect place to ask it since a developer started the thread. Besides, I am sure it is a common question when new ships will be arriving.
  • Options
    not unless a new dlc or event is coming up
  • Options
    i dont see why that would be their reason. Eeking out some new ships or even some sort of T6 conversion for your T5 ships every so often would be an understandable buissness move
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    xaneks wrote: »
    It is nonetheless a valid question and this is the perfect place to ask it since a developer started the thread. Besides, I am sure it is a common question when new ships will be arriving.

But the Dev that creates ships, ISN'T going to be looking here for such a question.

Also, it WASN'T a Dev that started this thread to begin with (Trendy is a Moderator)...

And She will most likely ignore your post since it doesn't pertain to the topic at hand.

So, you are just ignoring/breaking the forums rules, AND possibly pissing off the one person who might actually get you the answer you're looking for.

Is that enough of a reason for you to not post in this thread or do you need an official warning from Trendy to get it to sink in??

smh
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    daveyny wrote: »
    xaneks wrote: »

But the Dev that creates ships, ISN'T going to be looking here for such a question.

Also, it WASN'T a Dev that started this thread to begin with (Trendy is a Moderator)...

And She will most likely ignore your post since it doesn't pertain to the topic at hand.

So, you are just ignoring/breaking the forums rules, AND possibly pissing off the one person who might actually get you the answer you're looking for.

Is that enough of a reason for you to not post in this thread or do you need an official warning from Trendy to get it to sink in??

smh

They are a new user, ease up <sheesh>. There is no grand cosmic rule that says you will be punished for inquiring a question (even if it belongs in a new topic, which they may or may not have the option to do). It sure beats having to read all the aggressive remarks towards PC/Console users arguments littered here atm. It certainly doesn't warrant you threatening newcomers that some forum mod is going to punish them... We don't want anymore Judge Satie running around. And I didn't read anywhere that suggested that a community manager had anything to do with game development, and they certainly have no power over players in-game. Enough with the fear mongering already, it isn't helping.
    No_TRIBBLE_Mods.jpg
    ​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    If the console versions will be anything like the PC version I expect it to fail miserably. All the bugs, issues with missions, broken mechanics, the list goes on and on. Sole console players will not tolerate a game with so many issues, free or not, and I look forward to seeing how cryptic handles it once it does go live. Popcorn ready in the forums.
  • Options
    felix313felix313 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    If the console versions will be anything like the PC version I expect it to fail miserably. All the bugs, issues with missions, broken mechanics, the list goes on and on. Sole console players will not tolerate a game with so many issues, free or not, and I look forward to seeing how cryptic handles it once it does go live. Popcorn ready in the forums.

Have you seen DCUO on the PS3??
  • Options
    You do realize some of the players trying it on console will be trekkies and like pc Trekkies be willing to pay for things to support the game not to mention recruiting friend to play as well
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    felix313 wrote: »
    gizmox64 wrote: »

60103721.jpg

I'd wait for COT before touching that game ever again...​​
  • Options
    cronoprimecronoprime Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    felix313 wrote: »

OUCH! I didn't start playing that till it went F2P, so it had some fixes. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. I think it wasn't until just before the PS4 launch with Update 31 (DCUO was launch ready on the PS4), that the "fun" began outweighing the annoyances. That said, it still isn't as "free-player-friendly" as STO (or Neverwinter) are.
    wag61283 wrote: »
    You do realize some of the players trying it on console will be trekkies and like pc Trekkies be willing to pay for things to support the game not to mention recruiting friend to play as well

Indeed. I've been a Star Trek fan since re-runs in '74.

STO is so "free-friendly" that I've thrown money at the PC version even though I'm a console gamer and would rather play it on the PS4. Was planning on getting a Vesta set someday, but then performance dropped in WINE so I've basically stopped playing much at all.

• Options
    Ok i have to confess i bought rebel galaxy and It's brilliant a bit 2 dimensional granted but GOD THE COMBAT IS EPIC i feel really bad now that i didn't wait for sto i feel really dirty and i dont know why.
  • Options
    Well who knows you might like sto better or both equally. its all about having fun and enjoying games at least to me
  • Options
    kirwinhanselkirwinhansel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    *yawn* not going to be cross platform so what's the point. That and I don't own a console.
    Fleet Admiral Kirwin Hansel
    12Th Fleet Section 31 Fleet Captain
  • Options
    Just to give other fans who only have a console to enjoy the vast universe of star trek