test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug reports response time?

I submitted two bug reports last week and was assigned a ticket number. I don't see any status or even recognition that I submitted a bug report on the "View my tickets" tab. Is this normal? How long will it be before they respond or acknowledge my ticket? I would be happy if they told me they were working on a fix.

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    From what I understand, you'll either get an automated message in your e-mail (not your in-game mail), or you won't.

They are quite likely very busy and overflowing with bug reports, so I wouldn't anticipate a response from them.

It's probably best to just assume they're working on a fix, whether or not they actually are.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,544 Arc User
    Thanks. It would be nice if they published a list of known bugs or at least major ones like this.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    Thanks. It would be nice if they published a list of known bugs or at least major ones like this.

That's been requested for years. It's kind of hit-and-miss depending on the department the bug's jurisdiction falls under. @callevista is usually pretty communicative with known bugs with the costume tailor, for example.

The "Known Issues" portion of the patch notes is incredibly misleading because Cryptic knows about far more issues, and sometimes just removes portions of the "Known Issues" list without ever actually fixing them.

I know it's probably not the answer you want to hear, but it's something we all just kind of have to live with until they decide to change their policy on bug feedback.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    funny - they think it's too much effort to Reply. But posting a "known issue" Topic would probably lead to fewer bug Reports in game (and hence less work?). Also a single known issue Topic - with links to the active Bugs - would lead to People not opening more than one Topic to same bug and maybe a more structured Report System and make finding Bugs easier? just my thoughts though...
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,544 Arc User
    Not to mention the fact that some customers would appreciate knowing they issues are going to be addressed eventually.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    hugin1205 wrote: »
    funny - they think it's too much effort to Reply. But posting a "known issue" Topic would probably lead to fewer bug Reports in game (and hence less work?). Also a single known issue Topic - with links to the active Bugs - would lead to People not opening more than one Topic to same bug and maybe a more structured Report System and make finding Bugs easier? just my thoughts though...

The problem with that attitude is that more bug reports on the same bug can help narrow down a fix so they want more bug reports.

To answer the OP though, Bug Reports get an automated reply and is put into the list of bug reports to go through, Request GM help gets a response unless the request is about another player.