test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why cant I get off the Bridge

Hi Everyone
I can't seem to go anywhere but the bridge on my Temporal Science vessel is this still work in progrees or a bug please ?

Comments

• puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Because you made crewman Daniels angry.
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    As far as I know it's working as designed, the Temporal ships only get the Universe Bridge. Sort of like a lockbox/lobi ship, you only get the bridge, no interior.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • parker#8611 parker Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Thank you Puckerbrush for the info, I had Daniels executed for being angry,
    Iconians : thanks also for the info I figgured that would be the case..

Cheers to you both for Aussie land..
  • puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Thank you Puckerbrush for the info, I had Daniels executed for being angry,

Cheers to you both for Aussie land..

You did when no other player was brave enough to do.
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    You can tell right away if there's nothing more to a particular bridge design, when all the usual player amenities are right there on the bridge.
    (DOffs/Account Bank/Ship Selection/etc...)
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    I know it takes a lot of time and effort to create a new environment, but I was a little disappointed too. With lockbox ships as well. I know all the amenities are there, but I don't know...I enjoy walking around the ship a bit sometimes. Even if the corridors reverted to the standard 2409 corridors, I'd have liked it better.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    When it is possible, I always equip Federation Ships with the Voyager 2410 Interior regardless of ship size.

Check the interior on the Vorgon Summer Ship...

The interior on the Tuffli has quite a few rooms and access to a lot of stuff including the cheapest rates on commodities. The Marauder/Nandi has Exchange, full Banking (including interest based Checking ;)), and Mail. Throw in Leeta and a Dabo Table as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    The Tuffli also has mail/bank/exchange access
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I honestly dont understand why everyone is replying inappropriately.
    The OP states "why cant I get off the Bridge" "I can't seem to go anywhere but the bridge".
    Obviously he cannot leave the bridge, he is trapped from leaving, he cannot beam nor switch to starship view?

OP, somewhere on your screen you should have a HUD button that says "Leave ship interior"? If you click it you return to space view to pilot it.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The bridge on the Temporal ships is the only 3-dimensional space on the ship. The rest of the ship is composed of 4-dimensional constructs. Since 25th Century Captains aren't capable of understanding 4-dimensional spaces, then they are restricted to the bridge for their own safety. The bridge is their sleeping quarters, bathroom, and mess hall.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I think the bridge is all you get on some ships. Hope it's a cool bridge, comrade!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yeah, the bridge is all you get on a lot of ships. Especially ones like the Na'khul, Vorgon, Dyson and Obelisk and lockbox/lobi ships.

I think the OP was talking about going somewhere else on the ship, like crew deck or ready room, not that he couldn't beam off.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D