test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What to do with prisoners as a Starfleet Officer

scarletbattlesonscarletbattleson Member Posts: 56 Arc User
I have a gazillion prisoners on one of my FED Admirals and it is driving me nuts. The contraband guy only takes 2 at a time, and the missions for places like Karemma which take them are rare at best. Are there any other doff mssions I can send them on or doth the airlock beckon? o:)

Comments

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Since the Feds don't like paying up for them. Unlike the KDF. I been shoving them out the air lock.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    There is a DOff assignment at the Security Officer on several Fed hubs (And DS9) where you can turn over a prisoner.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    do what i do...turn the captures into sex slaves or fold the stronger ones into your army of cannon fodder

(yes, i've been playing too much fallout lately)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    If you Dismiss them you get 1 Dilthium per prisoner and a small amount of Recruitment XP. Fleet Projects which require Civilian Duty Officers is also a good way to remove Fed Prisoners. You could also mail them to one of your KDF alts and turn them in for Dilthium.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I sell 'em on the Exchange for whatever EC and I also use them for prisoner exchange Doff missions.
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    (try read it with a hollywood german accident)

life of a prisioncamp commandant is very fun
    traditional we turn captives into soap
    but that is too obvious ...
    dilithium is a better euphemism

Like many who came before you
    they all been looking for a final solution
    you should learn from the best
    airlocking one at a time is too slow.
    do it by the trainload is faster

you can slot a "special" project at your StarBase
    "Coordinate Colonization Effort"
    it will take all the undesireables at once
    instantly more livingspace on your ship.
    basicly it is massairlocking solution

However as a fed captain you should try remember what Schindler said
    (Liam Neelson's voice)
    "Power is when we have every justification to airlock, and we don't"

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

ah you ***** you've just airlocked them all at once,didnt you?

LOL
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Prisoners can also be used in fleet projects requiring civilians; if your fleet doesn't need them, check the fleets in your Armada.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    bluehamster68bluehamster68 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    There are also some doff missions in the alpha quadrant that require prisoners,or will allow you to use prisoners for them.
    "I'm convinced there's intelligent life in the universe-it's simply too intelligent to come to earth"-Arthur C. Clarke
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    As my main is an RP Terran, I have a no prisoners policy so I space them
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
      You could load your torpedo bays with them... However, that would be a LOT of paperwork.

Better to just send them to Coordinate Colonization Efforts for your fleet. ;)
    • Options
      terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
      As my main is an RP Terran, I have a no prisoners policy so I space them

1zmpefc.jpg​​
      tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
      "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
      "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
      #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    • Options
      warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      Though there's more use on KDF for prisoners, Feds it's more limited. Even the DOFF mission to turn them in rewards poorly to the point of pointlessness.

There *IS* one use for them with your Feds though.

Fleet DOFF contributions. There are some of those Fleet Projects that accept common doffs to include prisoners. Nobody tends to keep their prisoners on Fed-side, so I end up filling them all myself and get the Fleet Credits for it.

Besides, the stack for Prisoners in the inventory keeps going anyways, so it only takes 1 inventory slot.
      XzRTofz.gif
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      Personally, I simply started avoiding Prisoner Admirality tasks on my Fed characters.

I think they should invent a neat DOFF task for them - maybe something like "Send Prisoners to Rehabilitation" that takes 8 Prisoners and maybe rewards a regular DOFF. (With the first Critical Success granting a Tom Paris Photonic Bridge Officer?)
      Only problem is that most prisoners are Prisoners of War, they shouldn't be send to Rehabilitation (they are not criminals, they were just enemies we captured in battle), they should be given back to their respective home worlds. Maybe a "Repatriate Prisoners of War" Assignment that grants hefty Diplomacy XP?
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
      exchange
      fleet projects...there are a few that take them (Starbase special task that needs 64 civilians for instance)
      mail storage
      mail them to characters who can use them more efficently

Go pro or go home
    • Options
      lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      Fleet embassy projects are always a good use for them. Develop Diplomatic Contacts I think is the name of one, it needs like 60+ civilians and counts prisoners.
      The fact they come boxed from the admiralty system is quite helpful. I just stack em up until I see the project pop.
      SulMatuul.png
    • Options
      warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      Personally, I simply started avoiding Prisoner Admirality tasks on my Fed characters.

I think they should invent a neat DOFF task for them - maybe something like "Send Prisoners to Rehabilitation" that takes 8 Prisoners and maybe rewards a regular DOFF. (With the first Critical Success granting a Tom Paris Photonic Bridge Officer?)
      Only problem is that most prisoners are Prisoners of War, they shouldn't be send to Rehabilitation (they are not criminals, they were just enemies we captured in battle), they should be given back to their respective home worlds. Maybe a "Repatriate Prisoners of War" Assignment that grants hefty Diplomacy XP?

KDF has Prisoner Exchange missions to do exactly that, on top of other just as decent missions so these types of DOFFs have *some* use.
      XzRTofz.gif
    • Options
      chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
      I just end up doing what others stated push them out the airlock. I get way more than I can ever donate to fleet specific fleet projects. The FED prisoner doff mission is a joke it pays out hardly no points and only 5 dil. Easy fix is increase the rewards for the mission on the FED side or add items to it. Just carbon copy the KDF version to the FEDs.
      lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
      Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
      U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
      Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
    • Options
      antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
      Tossing them out the airlock does award a few rare recruitment doff xp
      Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      Tossing them out the airlock does award a few rare recruitment doff xp

Just make sure they're in a space suit with only 30 minutes of air then warp out :D
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
        I mail them to my AoY captain so they can do the Security Officer turn in for Diplomacy XP.
      • Options
        scarletbattlesonscarletbattleson Member Posts: 56 Arc User
        Thanks for all the suggestions. :)
      • Options
        welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User

I like this idea; KDF gets Dil, we get XP or CXP....but *something* needs to be done about the prisoners before I space them...
        T93uSC8.jpg
      • Options
        antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
        The trasnsfer prisoner assignment from the security officer, incidentally, doesn't give much rewards, but it IS a source of diplomacy xp, which can be a little hard to hunt down.
        Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
      • Options
        thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
        "Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew." ;)
      • Options
        smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
        fleet projects
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • Options
        terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
        "Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew." ;)
        XS5LK.gif
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COkrsPzEmrI​​
        tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
        "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
        "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
        #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
      • Options
        officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
        5 measly dilithium for 2 prisoners. Thats cr ap.
      • Options
        jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
        Yeah, you're better off selling them on the Exchange (if you go nothing else more valuable to occupy those 40 slots) to eventually purchase contraband to turn in for Dil.

Assuming the going rate of 4k EC per prisoner and 27k EC per contraband you need to sell 34 prisoners to get 5 contraband... You know what? That is not even worth the effort. Just shove them out the airlock.
      • Options
        zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
        Use them for soylent green?
      • Options
        where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
        I use Prisoners along with any extra Entertainment Hologram DOFFs I have laying around...though it will lock up an assignment slot for 20 hours....getting those 451 recruitment points is good:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Recruit_Labor_to_Aid_Paradan_Colonization_Team
        http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Recruit_Additional_Labor_to_Aid_Karemma_Colonization_Team

I find them in the Alpha Quadrant, under Operations Department Head assignments. Scroll all the way down to the recruitment header. I usually see them alternate with each other every day...so Paradan one day, Karemma the next.
        "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin