test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

As I replay the Delta story arc on my AOY

I am reminded that this was the best expansion every and I love it!!

Comments

• Options
    baronh2o#2308 baronh2o Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I agree with you except for the mostly useless patrol missions.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I wonder why they did not include the Solanae and Iconian Arcs in the ones that the Temporal Recruit needed to do?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    Yes I found that strange. Why miss those two better story arcs? And yes those patrol missions really are the thing that makes the Delta arc amazing!! :'(
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I liked it. Patrol missions and all.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    We all know Dust to Dust is the best mission ever. You just have to love mazes and maddening jumping puzzles in a game that's totally a platformer ;)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The Delta arc was good once they tweaked the level requirements.

On a new character if you do a little doffing or admiralty you should only need to run the patrols once, and they ARE fun if you aren't grinding them.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    The funny part is, on a new character you don't even need the tweaked level requirements... you're pretty much going to be level 60 by the time you get there, if you've been doing the rest of the Episode Arcs in the process. Honestly, the Delta content that I played was pretty good, it was just that lockout for existing characters (at the time) that kept me away; with my TempRecruit, I actually look forward to wandering through the whole Delta Arc for the first time. :smile:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    The Delta arc was good once they tweaked the level requirements.

On a new character if you do a little doffing or admiralty you should only need to run the patrols once, and they ARE fun if you aren't grinding them.

Agreed the tweaks to the level requirements made a huge difference. Not convinced about the patrols personally. Some were alright but there were some horrible ones in there too, at least IMO
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    ltminns wrote: »
    I wonder why they did not include the Solanae and Iconian Arcs in the ones that the Temporal Recruit needed to do?
    Solanae is probably too short to merit a reward box, and Iconian was excluded to make the number of arcs even (and, let's face it, adding yet another layer of temporal shenanigans to it would be... Not pretty.)

As for Delta... I won't be surprised if it gets Cardassian treatment at some point in the future -- it is long and messy for the same reason Cardassian arc was long and messy: it was the only piece of story content in the endgame, and devs tried to pad it out for all it's worth...

But (unlike the original Cardassian arc) the basic story is actually quite good, Gaul is my second "favourite" villain in the game, and they even mostly got Neelix right -- he's a "regular guy" entangled in matters that are way in over his head, but in not too annoying way such characters tend to be.

Some missions are exceptionally good ("Mindscape") some are very good ("Takedown" where we do proper admiral stuff, for a change, before beaming down.) and the rest are at least OK.

Pare down patrol wrappers, and, maybe, get rid of "The Reunion" (There's little you actually do in it, and the only thing it lacks to make it the most anvilicious set-up for the later events is Tuvok saying "They're all security ensigns two days from retirement and reunion with their fiancées.") and Delta arc would be an actually great piece of storytelling.
    Post edited by nebfab on
  • Options
    jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Any time Vaadwaahhhhhh go boom is a good time.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Delta Story arc was definitely my favorite and felt like the most developed and well polished to date, the final episode in the original story arc had an immensly satisfying conclusion.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

If I remember right, the Solanae missions are primarily an introduction to the Sphere adventure zone and they're mostly "Fly over there, talk to whoever, maybe do a 5-minute miniquest." There are maybe three full-sized story missions (Sphere of Influence, A Step Between Stars, and Surface Tension) in there and the devs may not have felt that was enough to justify a reward box. Not sure why the Iconian arc isn't included, though, since so much of the Time War stuff is tied to decisions made during that war.
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I was having a really tough time with the patrols. Had it on advanced. But seemed harder then before. Then I check after about 10 of them, only to find out all traits were unassigned. Oh well. Done the arc now. I had actually done the missions earlier and skipped the patrols. Went back to do them as they are the most annoying for me.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User

Sarcasm-Meme-1.jpg
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    I agree with you except for the mostly useless patrol missions.

They added some different interesting challenges. Especially if you upped the difficulty.

• Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    I liked the Delta Quadrant missions for the most part. I agree that Reunion was a little annoying though especially if you are a Klingon. Also that patrol mission with the solar flare really needs to go. At least they can give it a different visual effect cause lordy does that hurt my eyes.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    If there was one fix I'd put to the Delta Quadrant series, which they actually use in one part. Is tying the patrol missions into one mission that moves you from location to location.

There is a mission there that actually does that, when you are contacting and helping various allies. That should be done for all those patrol missions.
  • Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    nebfab wrote: »
    Some missions are exceptionally good ("Mindscape") some are very good ("Takedown" where we do proper admiral stuff, for a change, before beaming down.) and the rest are at least OK.

Pare down patrol wrappers, and, maybe, get rid of "The Reunion" (There's little you actually do in it, and the only thing it lacks to make it the most anvilicious set-up for the later events is Tuvok saying "They're all security ensigns two days from retirement and reunion with their fiancées.") and Delta arc would be an actually great piece of storytelling.

Oddly, I replayed those recently and found Mindscape boring and buggy, Takedown horrendous, and Reunion reasonably relaxing (I actually do it now and again for the unbound rewards).
    huskerklg wrote: »
    If there was one fix I'd put to the Delta Quadrant series, which they actually use in one part. Is tying the patrol missions into one mission that moves you from location to location.

There is a mission there that actually does that, when you are contacting and helping various allies. That should be done for all those patrol missions.

You mean Alliances? The mission that's just "fly here and kill stuff" several times? I replayed that recently, and it doesn't even work properly. After doing the last system, it kept giving me the option to warp to the same system and refused to complete. I had to warp out (abort) and repeat the last system to get it unstuck.
  • Options
    dmensionhatrossdmensionhatross Member Posts: 64 Arc User

Haha, I just went through there on an alt and felt the same way. I'm dreading getting there on my AoY.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, they did a good job releveling the Delta Arc. They didn't do so well with that on Kobali Prime. Coming out of the Upper Hillside Base when playing the last two open Missions, you can change Levels THREE times before you get to the 'gate' choke point.

The Replay of 'Our Chance for Peace' went from about 750 XP before the releveling to 1 XP.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    I found it to be one big giant "eff ewe" that took far too long to complete.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    The arc isnt my favorite either. I made the best of it by playing through it during the 150% XP week. The missions of the arc give a considerable amount. Especially the patrols. I “saved “ them in a way that I would do 1 patrol a day in order to grab the daily rewards on delta marks. That way there was 1 less rep I needed to tend to for the AoY as the missions already covered it to tier 5.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    kirwinhanselkirwinhansel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have to fight the urge to claw my eyes out when playing the Klingon and Delta story arcs. WAAAYYY TO LONG
    Fleet Admiral Kirwin Hansel
    12Th Fleet Section 31 Fleet Captain
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I finished the Delta Arc on my Temporal Recruit earlier today.. it was just as painfully awful as I remembered it.

I'm so happy it's over, it was painfully awful.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah.... I have not started Delta Rising on my AoY captain yet. I am currently doing the Dyson / Undine Battlezones in the Solanae Dyson Sphere story arc. I will likely start DR by the end of the month.

For now I just wanna mostly ground pound to grind marks and elite marks. I actually would prefer to do Undine Infiltration Elite vs. Undine Battlezone; 67% (4 of 6 recent attempts has failed) of the time that queue pops, it failed because some noob does not know how to search for clues to do the interrogation process correctly... that's before combat begins. Undine Battlezone does not reward salvage.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    This reminds me that I never finished doing all the patrols in the DQ on any character. It's not that I dislike it, what I've played I liked a lot actually. I just never went and focused on going through the whole thing.

UIE is easy if you don't PUG.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    My least favorite part is still the Kobali Front. Man, I just hate that zone, the way that everything respawns after 5 frikkn seconds.. I can't believe they still haven't done anything about that zone.

Even with a good DPS set up, it's still really hard to kill a group before the group behind you respawns. If it wasn't for the last 2 missions that give Daily Elite Iconian marks, no one would ever go back there.

I believe it's the most poorly designed area in all of STO. I hate the patrols too, but the Kobali Front is the worst of the worst. And I normally enjoy ground combat.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    KBZ seems balanced under the assumption that multiple player groups are present. If you have 3 players you can just mow down the Vaads like weeds and wander around almost at will.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    KBZ seems balanced under the assumption that multiple player groups are present. If you have 3 players you can just mow down the Vaads like weeds and wander around almost at will.

Yeah, that's true. If you can team up it's not so bad, but if you're trying to get through it Solo it's pretty tough. I have bad luck finding people on the same mission as me and ended up doing most of it solo. It wasn't fun, but I got through it.