test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's are the best eng kits and kit modules nowadays?

g8472hgg8472hg Member Posts: 39 Arc User
Hi,

There are so many possibilities, till now I used mostly turret and MedGen, and dome. Please advise me......

Thank you,

Vikareyna

Comments

• Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I've found the Neutronic Mortar from the Delta rep is very useful against groups of enemies. It has nearly twice the area of effect of a regular mortar, which lets it clear whole rooms sometimes. Like all mortars, it takes a while for shots to hit, but it's absolutely devastating once it comes in.

The Cryo mine barrier from one of the winter events is a nice variation on the Chronometric mine barrier, worth buying if you have no luck with mission rewards or drops. Most useful if you know where enemies will spawn, but still worthwhile against anyone that likes to close.

The... I wanna say undine rep offers an upgraded Medgen you might want to look into.

I've enjoyed using the Terran rep's Override Shield Safeties module, mostly because it's fun to just run into groups of enemies with dual pistols blazing. It doesn't sound like it'd suit your playstyle, though.

As for kits, I usually stick with the Romulan kit from Uneasy Allies because it has a balanced set of slots (2 fabrication, 2 mechanical, 1 universal if I remember right) and it's easy to acquire. Find something that offers the mix of slots you want, anything else is just a nice bonus.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I'd have to say the Imperial Navy Kit as well. Made putting up with Sela(AGAIN?!) for that long just barely tolerable.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If you like running heavy Fabrication, the Romulan Embassy kit is still viable. It's got 4 Fab, 1 Eng.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    scarletbattlesonscarletbattleson Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    You might want to look into the Fleet Research lab kits as they allow access to non Engineering abilities like Battle Strategies for a more strategic Eng build.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
    I have this topic bookmarked about modules. It's a bit dated, but has useful info.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/3w2wh6/request_engineering_ground_kit_modules/?st=irawhdsj&sh=64c9f140
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    g8472hgg8472hg Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Thank you very much for all advises.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Sabotage is a very nice AOE weapons disable on living and insta-kill with AOE electrical damage on non-living. It's probably a bit too good against mechanical enemies, to the point I thought for sure it wasn't WAI.

It comes from the Kelvin lockbox and is dirt cheap on the exchange. You can even get training manuals for your boffs, but last I checked, they were mistakenly labeled Tactical manuals.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I would have to agree that the Romulan Imperial Navy Kit is the best kit in the game. When equipped you receive the following bonuses:

+20% Plasma Damage
    +2.2% Critical Chance
    +8.8% Critical Severity
    +52.5 Personal Shield Expert

All my captains have this kit and most of them carry a plasma weapon to take advantage of the +20% plasma damage bonus.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The mk11 Rom Embassy kit has 24.4 weapon, 24.4 shield, and 48.8 kit performance. Also it's the only high quality kit I know of that actually has the ability to hold FIVE fabrication modules(4 fab slots 1 eng). The RIN kit can do at most 3.

Also the embassy plasma-flamethrower turret is pretty good.

I guess the real question is: what do you want to use your kit to do?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    The only caveat to the Rom Embassy Kit is that it can only be purchased by captains who are in a fleet. The RIN Kit can be obtained by any level 56+ captain from the "Uneasy Allies" mission; the 1st mission in the Iconian War story arc.
  • Options
    That's such a minor caveat though. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Herald kit with [Kperf], [Weapon] and [+Energy type you use].
    As for modules, I use Solar Gateway on almost every toon with the exception of a couple that I use Mass Gravimetric Detonation on.
    The GravDets seem more useful than their price on the Exchange implies.
    The SoGate is just another turret.

All with Mines and Bombs.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    rangeramongyourangeramongyou Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    If you're like me and don't have access to some of the fancy universal modules like the gateways or such the basic stuff can still be pretty good. In particular, I really like Support drone. Having two (or with the appropriate Doff, more) drones to take the heat off me in combat is a good thing. The shield heal module is quite useful as well. Chronometric mines can turn the tide in a flash against enemies that like to charge to melee range (I'm looking at you, Dahar Masters) and any type of turret is always useful as a dps booster. I'm not a big fan of the mortars, as I think they take too long to aim and even longer to fire, and the Transphasic bomb would be better suited to being a Tac module (stealth in, plant, run away and detonate.)
  • Options
    Yeah, I tend to stick with the basic modules. They are still pretty useful especially in Miner Instabilities Elite (MIE). One good thing about that mission is that you do not suffer personal injuries when you "die".

Shield Recharge - You get sniped at a lot so it is nice to bring personal shields back up.

Chroniton Mine Barrier - Just lay 'em for enemies to walk over especially since MiE is crawling with enemies.

Medical Generator - Keeps the Gorn Miner's health up.

Flash Freeze Bomb - It's okay, but I want to replacing it with something... Maybe Mass Gravimetric Detonation.

Quantum Mortar - Just let it do it's thing.
  • Options
    sriley77sriley77 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    following
    12th Fleet - Starbase Operations - Beta Squad
    Former 12th Legion Sub Admiral
    Former MACO Echo Squad Colonel