test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] The Foundry Roundtable Episode 140: Review Revue

drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
Welcome to the Foundry Roundtable, a weekly podcast dedicated to Foundry missions, mission building and other UGC issues starring Foundry authors Drogyn1701, Markhawkman, DuncanIdaho and Greendragoon.

Watch on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyI0UXxOKsk

Listen on Soundcloud

Subscribe on iTunes

NEWS

New Foundry assets on Holodeck and Tribble

REVIEWS

DISCUSSION

Tour of the Pioneer interior
Digging through new Foundry assets
We go through each of the new missions in AoY

COMMUNITY QUESTION

What topics do you think we should tackle for future Foundry challenges?

EXTERNAL LINKS

PaxFederatica's Google Doc Mission List: http://tinyurl.com/hjwuse7
Foundry Missions Website: http://www.foundrymissions.com/

We livestream on Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable with episodes launching the following Monday.

New to the Foundry? Check out our new-author tutorial series, Foundational Foundry:

If you have a topic you'd like to see us cover, have a mission you want promoted, or would like to be a guest-host, e-mail us at FoundryRoundtable@live.com or follow us on Twitter: @FoundryRoundtab
The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    COMMUNITY QUESTION

What topics do you think we should tackle for future Foundry challenges?

Depends on what level of genocide you want to go on ...

You could do one based on alternate timelines caused by the Krenim Timeship during the Iconian War ... maybe we fired it more times than we can remember? Though I suppose it would come under the [Ico] tag.

[TCW] Temporal Cold War related missions?
    [Gorn] LONG LIVE THE GORN!
    [Kelvin] Set a mission that has something to do with the Kelvin Timeline?
    [Rom] A mission set for a character of the Romulan Republic
    [AoY/TOS] A mission set for a character in the 23rd century

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2016
    I actually wrote all the possible alternate timelines from Butterfly down for a previous Roundtable episode:

• Eliminate Iconians from Time: first development of warp tech in Alpha Quadrant is delayed by 50,000 years. Dewans rise to power, are beaten by non-logical Vulcans, who enslave everyone else. Violent Vulcans are locked in a terrible war with the Dominion.
    • Remove a specific sequence of stars - rogue planet enters iconian system, Iconians have to deal with that instead of war, ending up as a peaceful people. Dominion attacking Earth. Earth had been at war with the Romulans before the Dominion attacked, because we tried to help the Klingons, who were tearing themselves apart through civil war. Betazed and Tellar Prime are taken, Vulcan was rendered uninhabitable.
    • Prevent Voyager from going into underspace and awakening the Vaadwaur: No Delta Alliance, Iconians used the hierarchy instead.
    • Keep the Yamato from discovering Iconian tech: Romulus still there. The Star Empire is stronger, but D’Tan starting his rebellion anyway and gaining lots of support. No Iconians, but Borg making inroads.
    • Eliminate an Asteroid: Romulus assimilated 20 years ago, who knows how far the Borg have spread.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Hmm... I should write down all the Sphere builder thingies from Terminal Expanse.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    If we get Na'Kuhl NPC's we could do "Stop a temporal agent from interfering with a timeline."
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Or maybe Hur'q? :p Anyways, I have to admit that I didn't figure out an ending for my mission. This is why MJS liked to say that you need to start writing with the beginning and the end, then fill in the middle.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    [Delta] ?

I read a thread about the lack of missions in the Delta Quadrant? Should we fill up the region with our bad fan fiction ? :O
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    Make it so!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Make it so!

The Hierarchy agree

emblem-hierarchy-tinkertenordoctorspy.jpg

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    You just want me to write a mission with nothing but potato jokes, don't you? :tongue:
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    You just want me to write a mission with nothing but potato jokes, don't you? :tongue:

No ... go back to doing Gorn related stuff. Failure to comply will result in @markhawkman and @artan42 being covered in marmite for my amusement!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    thay8472 wrote: »

No ... go back to doing Gorn related stuff. Failure to comply will result in @markhawkman and @artan42 being covered in marmite for my amusement!

Sorry Mark, Artan. :tongue:
    What's marmite? is it kinda like carbonite?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    What's marmite? is it kinda like carbonite?

Do ask, just accept it.

Infact, imaging engine oil that's infected with yeast. Now spread it on toast.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    ok thennn... :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    See ... @artan42 knows the best marmite is ... marmire spread across the hairy chest of a Malon Captain who has just returned from a sewage mission into the land of @duncanidaho11 's peanut butter and jelly sprinkes.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Damn straight.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2016
    thay8472 wrote: »
    See ... @artan42 knows the best marmite is ... marmire spread across the hairy chest of a Malon Captain who has just returned from a sewage mission into the land of @duncanidaho11 's peanut butter and jelly sprinkes.

The land of my peanut butter and jelly sprinkles is overseen by the Barbecue Troll King. With the help of Gralthon the Wizard, he commands a force of stalwart kitten riders who guard the sprinkles well. That Malon is lucky to have escaped.