test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser [T6] – Constitution Class

would be nice if you could get this ship either by ZEN or dilithium rather than spending $100's of dollars on master keys to open the Kelvin Timeline lockbox only to get the same thing over and over again. I've spent about $200 to buy zen just to get master keys to open the lockboxes for the kelvin timeline and haven't received anything new or the Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser [T6] – Constitution Class and ive seen it be given out like its a piece of candy almost every 10mins. would you please make this available in either the C-Store as a pack like you do with the TOS Bundle? even if you make it so its 3,000 zen, 1,000 lobi or even have it at say 30,000 dilithium to purchase would be awesome. if you put it in the C-store to buy at 3,000 zen you still make money and possibly more than you would if you have to keep purchasing keys. Does anyone agree with me on this?

Comments

• vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Or you could spend about $60 tops on keys, sell them on the exchange for energy credits, use the credits to buy the ship from the exchange, and fly around with a permanent grin on your face while getting hate tells from KT haters, then smile even wider. That's probably the way to go.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • sp00kymulder#3221 sp00kymulder Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Listen people.

Right now, as of this post, the connie is 270 mil on the exchange.

Right now, as of this post, master keys are 5.6 mil.

270 / 5.6 = 48.

That means for $48, you can buy 48 keys, sell then on the exchange, and have enough EC to buy the connie outright.

No gambling.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Or you can just buy one off the exchange for monopoly money. Making stupid amounts of EC is ridiculously easy.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    lol Stop. It's already in the game, they aren't going to change the way they introduced it.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Buying it off the exchange is theeastezt option. Its so easy to get ec. Sell r n d mats, admrility system. ;)
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Out of the 3 ships from the current lockbox, the Conny is right now the easiest to get due to the lower Exchange-price.

Aside from that... the Kelvin-timeline-ships are not part of the actual Prime-universe-factions in STO.

Any non-STO-faction-ships come in lockboxes, lobi-store, or promotions/events. It's always been like that.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    ((chuckle)) The Dauntless isn't a Federation ship either. They just didn't have the Wells/Korath/R'mor precedent in place beforehand.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Dountles is seen in ENT at the battle of procyon 5. So its hit or miss if its a fed ship
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    would be nice if you could get this ship either by ZEN or dilithium rather than spending $100's of dollars on master keys to open the Kelvin Timeline lockbox only to get the same thing over and over again. I've spent about $200 to buy zen just to get master keys to open the lockboxes for the kelvin timeline and haven't received anything new or the Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser [T6] – Constitution Class and ive seen it be given out like its a piece of candy almost every 10mins. would you please make this available in either the C-Store as a pack like you do with the TOS Bundle? even if you make it so its 3,000 zen, 1,000 lobi or even have it at say 30,000 dilithium to purchase would be awesome. if you put it in the C-store to buy at 3,000 zen you still make money and possibly more than you would if you have to keep purchasing keys. Does anyone agree with me on this?

No. I don't agree.
    buy it off the exchange if you don't want to gamble.

they are making WAAAAAY more money by putting it into a lockbox.
    C-Store = 1 time purchase..unlock for all characters on account
    Lockbox = buy keys at $1 a pop, but only a chance to get prize AND people will keep trying..unlock for 1 character on account only

good for them..not so good for us
    but it keeps the lights on at Cryptic and keeps PWE happy

Maybe they will do a Kelvin bundle using the ships from Beyond (yes, I know crashdragon is vomiting now)

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Taking the ship and putting it in the C-Store would be unfair to people who purchased keys to win the ship.

It's not going to happen. Open boxes or buy it off the exchange, those are your options.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Honestly there are tons of people who just spam open boxes and end up with like 3-4 ships. Which they put on the exchange. Buy from them for a 100% chance at a ship rather than gamble yourself. Don't open boxes for ships, open boxes for lobi and other goods like weapon packs, point boosts, and R&D packs. Open for ships you'll be disappointed 99% of the time, open for other things you'll almost always get up getting them.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Opening boxes is fine if the box has many items you desire, or if you're after Lobi. As said above, if you just open boxes because you want a ship, there is a very very high chance that you're going to be disappointed.

If all you want is the ship and consider anything else a loss, then your best bet is selling keys and buying from the exchange. There will always be people that open boxes in order to sell items, there will always be ships available. The cost will vary greatly depending on the ship, but if the Kelvin Connie is what you want, that can be had fairly cheap.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    @nikeix that precedent was long in place before the dauntless came out. T6 didnt even exist when that happened.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Doesn't matter if players agree with you. It's a done deal. It's making good money for the man.
    This process won't change as long as they can monetize high-demand items.
    Lockbox is better money than C store.
  • delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Yep its chance, on my last lockbox key today, she dropped for me. I nearly crapped myself