test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it safe to buy energy credits?

Hey everyone, so I really want a kelvin timeline constitution ship, it'd make the game more enjoyable, what with the shooty nature of the new movies and the shooty nature of the game, it's a perfect match...
We all know though that the ship is available either on the exchange for 300 million ec, or as a gambling act via the kelvin lockbox. From what I've heard you either have to get 50 keys which here in New Zealand is approximately $80 & then try to sell them on the exchange, or try the gambling act and hope you get the ship before spending that much money. And if you don't, well you've lucked out. I heard somewhere that someone had TRIBBLE luck & spent $400 on getting their beloved connie...

Now neither of those seem reasonable really. But then there are a whole lot of email senders & websites claiming you can buy 200-400 million energy credits by spending as much as $30. I get spammed consistently by these senders...
Can anyone tell me if these are legitimate, anyone tried this before? Could someone at Cryptic confirm they've allowed for external purchasing of EC to be provided in game.

Thanks

Beta Antares Shipyards advanced Starship development project.
CLASSIFIED
[SIGPIC]the_forseeable_future_by_jetfreak_7-d3dvsud.png
[/SIGPIC]
SUPPORT LOGICAL FEDERATION STARSHIP DESIGNS!

Comments

• Options
    tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Gold vendors are a great way to get your account TRIBBLE and or banned, usually in that order. PWE has a strict "no" policy regarding them. Hell, I'd expect this thread to be locked shortly .
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,547 Arc User
    NO!!

a) you can get perma-banned from STO
    b) you can have your identity stolen, credit card fraud, bank account drained.

If you want a ship guaranteed, there is a safe, legal way to do it:

1. Buy lock box keys from Cryptic for Zen
    2. Sell lock box keys on the exchange for around 6 million per.

For around $51 in Zen you can get a Kelvin connie from the exchange. Safe, legal, no one steals your identity.
  • Options
    cavaleriuscavalerius Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Awesome, that's all I need to know. I have to admit though I'm surprised there aren't any warning notes on STO saying to ignore these spammers at all cost...
    Beta Antares Shipyards advanced Starship development project.
    CLASSIFIED
    [SIGPIC]the_forseeable_future_by_jetfreak_7-d3dvsud.png
    [/SIGPIC]
    SUPPORT LOGICAL FEDERATION STARSHIP DESIGNS!
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    If you want to know legit ways to get EC in game send me a PM @steveangelis and I can tell you a few ways. I generally don't share them in public as that would be counter productive.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
This discussion has been closed.