test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well...I wonder if this has anything to do with...anything...

nixbooxnixboox Member Posts: 1,041 Arc User
This is what Arc thinks I've played: 4 Hrs 19 Mins

This is what I've played on Steam: 1002 hours

How many people use Arc for this and not Steam?

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    It may or may not have something to do with... something but for now we can't know.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Hmm...

What does this mean for the next time someone tries to bring Steam numbers as evidence that STO is doomed?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I have over 4000 hours on steam, closing on 5000

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Too bad it doesn't count the hundreds of hours many of us have been playing since day one...

ARC says I've been playing 3.'something' days..., it's probably a lot closer to 390+ days in actuality.

The game has been live for 2366 days (give or take with outages and bumps in the road)...
    I've been playing an average of about 4 hours a day (more give than take, probably closer to 5)...

That equals about 9464 hours...
    Which equals about 394 days.

13.3 Months of game play...
    Over $5k spent enjoying it...

And Cryptic still doesn't love me.

11910073_424074034450368_1751643379_n.jpg

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I know my Steam playtime far out strips my time on ARC...
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    How interesting, ARC says I've only been ingame for like a 30 hours or something, when there was one point I played STO religiously through it, if it was actually working properly it should say like 900 hours at least as steam is telling me 1300+

If that Ferengi ship is based on arc's terrible logging of playtime then alot of people who deserve the ship haven't got it.....
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    I use Arc occasionally, but I've primarily used Steam for most of my games. I have a rather large collection in Steam already (which started with Half-Life 2 when it was released) so using another limited game overlay (Arc) really doesn't have much benefit to me. Lots of people play the Arc point game trying to get free Zen, but I'd imagine that's the only real function of it.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    I still use the standalone launcher. If it's because of that, then that's sad.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    nixboox wrote: »
    I still use the standalone launcher. If it's because of that, then that's sad.

I didn't realize it still had a stand-alone launcher?

It sure does. Never went anywhere- has always been located in the game folder.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I generally use the standalone launcher as well.

This game and my PC don't get along particularly well. I figure the less stuff I am running in the background, the better.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Askray said no. Why do ppl continually try and find 'creative' ways to talk about the gold ship anyway?! Let it go already.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Askray said no. Why do ppl continually try and find 'creative' ways to talk about the gold ship anyway?! Let it go already.

Was exactly my thought when I read the thread, too. Likely we'll keep seeing these pop up until an official statement is released regarding its limited availability, or its eventual release. I'm sure those who want it are counting on them to "give up" and just pop it into the Lobi/lockbox or something so there's a way to obtain it.

Personally, I don't care- it's not that attractive to me and I've got plenty of other ships to entertain me.

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @meimeitoo
    If this thread get closed itll be due to you, everyone here is doing an amazing job NOT saying any particular buzz words related to any specific subject. And i am awefully proud of these folks for walking that wire and not givng some the satisfaction for claiming horses are being beaten after expiration or whatnot.

All i see is a conversation about playtime being logged differently from different sources.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    @meimeitoo
    If this thread get closed itll be due to you, everyone here is doing an amazing job NOT saying any particular buzz words related to any specific subject. And i am awefully proud of these folks for walking that wire...

LOL. What do you think is going to happen here?! The mods will say "Oh, look how cleverly they are not (ahem) talking about the gold ship! Guess that's okay then!"? Again, LOL. Seriously.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, I play mostly with the standalone launcher. I typically just log into Arc to do my Quests, check the forums, and whatnot. For example, I don't really want Jade Dynasty updating while I'm trying to play STO, so speaking of closing Arc...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    @meimeitoo
    If this thread get closed itll be due to you, everyone here is doing an amazing job NOT saying any particular buzz words related to any specific subject. And i am awefully proud of these folks for walking that wire...

LOL. What do you think is going to happen here?! The mods will say "Oh, look how cleverly they are not (ahem) talking about the gold ship! Guess that's okay then!"? Again, LOL. Seriously.
    Almost exactly like the thread about the Party Nullifier that was "specifically NOT" about the party amp.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Yes i do.

It takes a lot of reading between the lines to guess what else may be refered to here if anything else is.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Umm.. Yeah. Other than Dave's comment that Cryptic doesn't love him, the only one I see bringing the... Subject... into this is you, @meimeitoo.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, I play mostly with the standalone launcher. I typically just log into Arc to do my Quests, check the forums, and whatnot. For example, I don't really want Jade Dynasty updating while I'm trying to play STO, so speaking of closing Arc...
    Annoying as that is, it does have a pause button.

#Idon'tUseSteam
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    Annoying as that is, it does have a pause button.

#Idon'tUseSteam

Oddly, it didn't... not even right-click had that option. I think it was so out-of-date that it needed an actual Repair to work. I pretty much play STO and occasionally Champions, and only Update the others when they are in my Arc Quests... I tried Jade Dynasty because I'd gotten it confused with Jade Empire, and they are definitely not the same thing. :tongue:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just used /played in chat to find out how much you really played.

I had used Steam because that's where I got the game, the Steam Pack, and Legacy of Romulus. I recently set up a Shortcut to start the Launcher directly. When I checked out the Folder size in Steam's commonapps folder I noted it was about 65 GB. Duplicate installations embedded plus Redshirt and Tribble.

I moved a simplified structure out of there to my C: drive SSD and saved over 26 GB.

I had also installed Arc, that I use for new Characters to unlock the Khan outfit but that's really all. Now direct to the Launcher on an SSD so the game does load faster.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User

Yup.

/closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.