test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How can i get the Gold ferengi ship?

2»

Comments

• pcscipiopcscipio Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I for my part find it a bit sad if somebody, who does not seem to be around here often given the number of posts, asks a simple question and self-declared forum deputies reply with an attitude.

To answer your question OP. The ship was handed out to a selective group of people in STO. Players who met criteria as in “support the game” were obviously given it.

There has not been any detailed information about what exactly those criteria were. I like the gesture very much that supporters of STO get rewarded in such a fashion however not making the whole thing transparent has a somewhat disappointing tone towards it.

Over the past years I payed a fair amount of money for this hobby. Sometimes more, sometimes less. All depending which direction Cryptic was going with this game. For me it was not that much or nothing I would not have spent for my entertainment one way or the other.

Last Sunday morning I made a discovery in my Z-store reading that the gold marauder is available for me. I never got any mails though. A friend of mine who supported the game equally as far as I can tell did not get the ship.

What can I tell you? The stats are nice but not as good as on a lot of other ships available so you don’t miss much game mechanic wise. I’m not a fan of the Ferengi so the ship also does not astatically please me. Under no circumstances I’d put on the gold hull because I would simply find it embarrassing.

All my 10 toons sit on decent ships. There are 1 or 2 atm for which I consider a new one but the nagus marauder does not qualify for those chars.

The worth of that thing for me personally are the admiralty cards one can never have enough of because it’s the one way ticked out of the grind in STO.

I use this opportunity to thank Cryptic for this gift, however reading how much concern this whole promo caused I wish I could simply give the ship to my friend or to you OP. Somebody who really wants to have it while I won’t make much use of it.
    I for my part find it a bit sad if somebody, who does not seem to be around here often given the number of posts, asks a simple question and self-declared forum deputies reply with an attitude.

To answer your question OP. The ship was handed out to a selective group of people in STO. Players who met criteria as in “support the game” were obviously given it.

There has not been any detailed information about what exactly those criteria were. I like the gesture very much that supporters of STO get rewarded in such a fashion however not making the whole thing transparent has a somewhat disappointing tone towards it.

Over the past years I payed a fair amount of money for this hobby. Sometimes more, sometimes less. All depending which direction Cryptic was going with this game. For me it was not that much or nothing I would not have spent for my entertainment one way or the other.

Last Sunday morning I made a discovery in my Z-store reading that the gold marauder is available for me. I never got any mails though. A friend of mine who supported the game equally as far as I can tell did not get the ship.

What can I tell you? The stats are nice but not as good as on a lot of other ships available so you don’t miss much game mechanic wise. I’m not a fan of the Ferengi so the ship also does not astatically please me. Under no circumstances I’d put on the gold hull because I would simply find it embarrassing.

All my 10 toons sit on decent ships. There are 1 or 2 atm for which I consider a new one but the nagus marauder does not qualify for those chars.

The worth of that thing for me personally are the admiralty cards one can never have enough of because it’s the one way ticked out of the grind in STO.

I use this opportunity to thank Cryptic for this gift, however reading how much concern this whole promo caused I wish I could simply give the ship to my friend or to you OP. Somebody who really wants to have it while I won’t make much use of it.

Thank for your response. It's looks like a very foggy promotion that from the reaction of this thread seems to have awoken some unhealthy flames. But it's their game therefore their rules.
    I've asked about the ship in the original OP because i really really like the 5/3 layout; i though it was about time for another R&D or DOff promotional ship and i'd imagine here i'd get answers pointing in that direction . This is a forum in the end, people asks questions, people may reply or not; I never reply to something i consider "spam'.
    It weird people here talk about "spam" here, when i rarely log in STO without getting fast "friend invites" from bots.
    I was interested, just to have my curiosity pleased, what is the base turnrate of this ship. Sto gamepedia doesn't have that listed.
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Can anyone tell me how you go about enabling promotional emails on your account? I can't find anything in either my Cryptic or Arc account details that allows you to opt in/out of the latter.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    pcscipio wrote: »
    I was interested, just to have my curiosity pleased, what is the base turnrate of this ship. Sto gamepedia doesn't have that listed.

Should be the same (or slightly superior) as the T5 D'Kora
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Nice post @peterconnorfirst
    You're a good dude.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    They should have made a normal one for every1 and just had the gold skin 4 ppl that met there criteria. God knows what what was mind.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    koppster wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how you go about enabling promotional emails on your account? I can't find anything in either my Cryptic or Arc account details that allows you to opt in/out of the latter.

Go to the top of the page, where it says Install Arc. Click your username and then My Profile. At your profile, click the three horizontal lines next to Settings and choose Settings. At Settings, choose the Language Preferences tab. At the bottom of that is the checkbox to receive promotional emails. Click it and it will turn blue.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Nice post @peterconnorfirst
    You're a good dude.

I agree as well . That was a pretty nice gesture about the promotional ship and was something I was not expecting to hear or in this case "read".

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    There are plenty of other ships in the game. Please move on...
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Go to the top of the page, where it says Install Arc. Click your username and then My Profile. At your profile, click the three horizontal lines next to Settings and choose Settings. At Settings, choose the Language Preferences tab. At the bottom of that is the checkbox to receive promotional emails. Click it and it will turn blue.

Many thanks :)

• atomicmunkey#9096 atomicmunkey Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    OP you won't get it unless you're some kind of youtube star or cash whale, and even then some of those never received one.Cryptic really dropped the ball with this promotion imo. In b4 Cryptic Mod Damage control lock. :p
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    How this promotion would have made sense. Everyone gets a copy of the Nagus ship for supporting the game. Their special snowflake friends get the special gold plated skin, and the very special snow flake friends get the swag.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    huskerklg wrote: »
    How this promotion would have made sense. Everyone gets a copy of the Nagus ship for supporting the game. Their special snowflake friends get the special gold plated skin, and the very special snow flake friends get the swag.

I disagree with that. I don't care about a Ferengi ship personally. I don't begrudge the people who got one, though it sucks for people who have one and might now be ostracized for it in some way.

My beef with this is not about what I got or did not get. There are lots of things in this game that I don't have and may never get and that's fine. I don't mind that some people got the free ships for not playing. I don't mind that people got a gold plated Negas. But what I do mind is that the devs or PW or whoever aren't even remotely transparent about the criteria. If it costs 1,000 in the last year, a prominent blog or youtube channel or podcast that is by and large positive, then fine. That's cool. I'm not going to do those things and I'm not going to cry about what I didn't get for what I haven't done. At that point, the darn thing seems like a cheap token honestly. Maybe there could be an addendum that also people who the devs have felt close to over the years could get one. That's cool too. But just say so. Don't hide about it. Don't be sneaky. Come out, communicate and don't put TRIBBLE like "for your unwavering support".
    I've always been supportive of STO even when I've criticized it.

Cryptic, seriously... get your TRIBBLE in order. You do soo much to build up good feelings and morale within the player base and then you go an pull something like this. I can't speak for everyone, but just coming out and talking about the ship and what it was actually for would clear a whole helluva lot. Stop hiding about it. Just say it. If it's something that really is messed up like the criteria doesn't quite fit who got sent like you wanted it to or there's some problem somewhere with getting it to the right people, that's on your end and own and talk about it.
    How in the hell do you expect to have a successful launch on Xbox and PS4 if you can't even manage to handle something this simple with a sense of professionalism? That may seem like a mean question, but it's worth considering the consequences of continuing in this manner when presented with a broader audience further down the road.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
    BTW, I mean exactly what I said about not caring about getting the free stuff. In general, I'm happy about my AoY character. I'm happy with the direction the game is going right now. But I'm happiest when there's some degree of transparency between the player base and the devs and this is a big roadblock.
    Would Trendy, a dev or somebody just address this, give us an olive branch or something so we can move on? I do not need a freebie to feel whole about this situation or anything. I just want some clarification and an understanding that being transparent about these things is the best policy going forward. If clarity of criteria does result in the understanding that maybe some people got the gift that shouldn't, then is it entirely possible that it was a bad decision that the devs could pull out from by being honest with and owning?
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    teknesia wrote: »

That is my stance as well. When I criticize bugs that I personally encounter regularly that never get fixed and are known to the team. That takes away from my enjoyment of the game. If I didn't like the game, I still wouldn't be playing it all these years later. Criticism loses it's constructiveness after the 100th or so time it has to be repeated! Especially when there are still known bugs in STO that were reported back in the beta phase (yes, I was a part of that) which still exist in the game today!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Many thanks :)

You're welcome :)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    teknesia wrote: »
    I disagree with that. I don't care about a Ferengi ship personally. I don't begrudge the people who got one, though it sucks for people who have one and might now be ostracized for it in some way.

My beef with this is not about what I got or did not get. There are lots of things in this game that I don't have and may never get and that's fine. I don't mind that some people got the free ships for not playing. I don't mind that people got a gold plated Negas. But what I do mind is that the devs or PW or whoever aren't even remotely transparent about the criteria. If it costs 1,000 in the last year, a prominent blog or youtube channel or podcast that is by and large positive, then fine. That's cool. I'm not going to do those things and I'm not going to cry about what I didn't get for what I haven't done. At that point, the darn thing seems like a cheap token honestly. Maybe there could be an addendum that also people who the devs have felt close to over the years could get one. That's cool too. But just say so. Don't hide about it. Don't be sneaky. Come out, communicate and don't put **** like "for your unwavering support".

Cryptic, seriously... get your **** in order. You do soo much to build up good feelings and morale within the player base and then you go an pull something like this. I can't speak for everyone, but just coming out and talking about the ship and what it was actually for would clear a whole helluva lot. Stop hiding about it. Just say it. If it's something that really is messed up like the criteria doesn't quite fit who got sent like you wanted it to or there's some problem somewhere with getting it to the right people, that's on your end and own and talk about it.
    How in the hell do you expect to have a successful launch on Xbox and PS4 if you can't even manage to handle something this simple with a sense of professionalism? That may seem like a mean question, but it's worth considering the consequences of continuing in this manner when presented with a broader audience further down the road.

Pretty much exactly how I feel about it. The ship , hell even the swag was no big deal to me. I was more dissatisfied with the apparent lack of communication all the way from the start of it. You make a promotion that you never bothered to announce to the community, you reward players and tell them that it is because of "unwavering loyalty" then when the obvious storm of angry players ensues you pull out a lame excuse in the form of a rehearsed reply.

I mean there had to be someone in the upper ranks that had to know this was not going to go over well if the promotion was presented in the way it was. So for me it was either ignored (pretty bad) or they just didn't consider the fallout from it (which for me is worse).

I have said and stick to it, when you guys do something right you knock it out of the park. I do agree there are alot of things that have made me love this game. The new expansions and episodes for me is very entertaining and even all the new ships and powers has made this a much better game then from three years ago (just my opinion here). Even the bug fixes seem to be alot faster than when I remembered it.

It's only these sort of incidents like this promotion that makes me wonder who is the person or persons that are sabotaging whatever faith the player base has for this game?

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)

It's only these sort of incidents like this promotion that makes me wonder who is the person or persons that are sabotaging whatever faith the player base has for this game?

Exactly.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    The Cryptic PR Dept...

This isn't the first time something has blown up in their faces. As a recipient of one that took place in Neverwinter, it was not well recieved by the community, as a whole.
    For myself, the appreciation turned to dust once I found out that my friends, who had been playing longer and were the very reason I started playing in the first place, recieved nothing for their loyalty.
    So yeah, while nice, these kinds of things do leave a bitter aftertaste... even for the recipient.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    Question asked and answered.
    /closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.