test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How Bad was Ghostjumpers

garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
edited July 2016 in Ten Forward
that was one of the worst works i have ever seen. i refuse to call it ghostbusters

How Bad was Ghostjumpers 5 votes

100% 5 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I think we have a new low in biased "polling"...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    jonsills wrote: »

Agreed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    It's a rough year for "get off my lawn" fandoms. The new Ghostbusters is getting positive reviews despite a coordinated hate campaign against it. For me personally I haven't seen it yet, but my two friends who in my circle are the biggest fans of the original and quote the movie non-stop in the 15 years I've known them, were both very upset at the premise and disliked the trailer. Then liked the movie.

So I'd say this poll needs some work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

Every poll we have is still in R&D until 2016Q3.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Haven't seen it yet. Eventually I will, but I already decided a long time ago I'm not going to like it, because it's not the movie I've been praying for for so long.

I don't care about the all female thing, I just wanted the characters of Ray Stantz and Winston Zedemore to be featured training the new batch of busters and passing the torch, not a full blown remake.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I liked it...
    7 out of 10.

b4ce1f6d72255a2067a623d491df0707.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Haven't seen it yet. Eventually I will, but I already decided a long time ago I'm not going to like it, because it's not the movie I've been praying for for so long.

I don't care about the all female thing, I just wanted the characters of Ray Stantz and Winston Zedemore to be featured training the new batch of busters and passing the torch, not a full blown remake.
    Did you see the Taxi cab scene? That was KILLER! :)
    It's a rough year for "get off my lawn" fandoms.
    I've come to the conclusion that this is a systemic flaw in the human race, and the only cure is personality transplants via cortical implants.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Did you see the Taxi cab scene? That was KILLER! :)
    It's a rough year for "get off my lawn" fandoms.
    I've come to the conclusion that this is a systemic flaw in the human race, and the only cure is personality transplants via cortical implants.

As I said I haven't seen it yet, but I'm aware most of the original cast have cameos. However, cameos are not what I've been wanting all these years.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Well, the taxi scene was an incredible cameo. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Don't watch reboots/reimagings because even when their not actually that bad as films, they are usually pointless, as they generally add nothing new to the "franchise", they seem to be just cashing in on the popularity of the originals.
    Hollywood has been mining foreign markets to remake popular and cult films from those markets for decades, now they are just doing the same with thir own movies.
  • Options
    well, if you don't use the franchise.... the popularity will wane until it's forgotten.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    It is DIFFERENT, so there must be HATE.

Actual reviews that I've seen have been mostly positive, so I'll get round to this one... possibly, sometime.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Well, for what it's worth (and to me it's worth a fair bit), the movie cleared Howard Tayler's Threshold of Awesome.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    There was no hate campaign about this movie, some people had concerns about how they were approaching the movie, and they were made out falsely to be women haters.

This become the common statement when ever the movie is critized, you must be Mysgtonigistic if you don't like, no matter how none gender related the comment was.

Ghostbusters is bombing in the only way that matter, at the box office.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    There was no hate campaign about this movie.

You are sadly deluded about the people out there on the internet.

Still, the new one passed the Bechdel test handily, while the old one did only just with the requisite one interaction between Dana and Janine.

DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    Don't watch reboots/reimagings because even when their not actually that bad as films, they are usually pointless, as they generally add nothing new to the "franchise", they seem to be just cashing in on the popularity of the originals.
    Hollywood has been mining foreign markets to remake popular and cult films from those markets for decades, now they are just doing the same with thir own movies.

I'm going to have to call shenanigans on your assessment there, since you clearly play Star Trek Online which does quite a few of the things you state you avoid in your films and which is very much guilty of doing the thing I bolded. You're cool with your video games doing what you clearly avoid in your movies? I'm finding that hard to believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordgyor wrote: »
    There was no hate campaign about this movie, some people had concerns about how they were approaching the movie, and they were made out falsely to be women haters.

This become the common statement when ever the movie is critized, you must be Mysgtonigistic if you don't like, no matter how none gender related the comment was.

Ghostbusters is bombing in the only way that matter, at the box office.

I had to put your post through a proper translator to get at its meaning:

latest?cb=20090623215420
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I hadn't saw it yet. I may wait for the cheap theater or Red Box.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    jtoon74 wrote: »

I'm going to have to call shenanigans on your assessment there, since you clearly play Star Trek Online which does quite a few of the things you state you avoid in your films and which is very much guilty of doing the thing I bolded. You're cool with your video games doing what you clearly avoid in your movies? I'm finding that hard to believe.

Yes its a game and I'm critical about some of the thins's that happen in STO. Also you have to remember STO is an original game based on Star Trek, its not a "reimagining" of a previous game, there have been other games based in the Star Trek universe but they have all had their own take on it. Everybody knows that game based on tv shows, movies or books are not, in general considered canon, I've been playing computer games since the late 80's and as anybody can tell you tie ins and games generally suck.