test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrade Week

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Still striving to get the greatest performance out of your equipment? This week will be the perfect time to apply Tech Upgrades to your gear.

We’re doubling the amount of Technology Points earned from each one applied!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    the game is a lot more interesting with level VIII blue gear. still, I warmly welcome this week with open arms.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Very timely! Was just going over the possibility of switching some gear out on my ship and bringing replacements up to spec.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Good. Couldn't really wait for it so I already started a bit, but it will still be nice to get these bonuses. Got some Kumari cannons waiting and I need to equip my new Voth Bastion with coaltion disruptors :)
    Post edited by risian4 on
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Oh excellent! I was wondering how long I'd have to sit on my Temporal Agent upgrades before getting maximum return. Apparently not long at all. Thanks!
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Nice to have for our Temporal Recruits, mine reached level 60 last night.
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Funny how windows 10 free upgrades are ending on the 29th. I think I smell a coinsidence.​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This is good. I'm still gearing up alts. My AOY is out of range for major upgrades. But I can get a few items going for her as well.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    @pwlaughingtrendy Can you just confirm that this is indeed a week long event like the blog states please? Just the in game calendar still states the upgrade event is only running until Monday the 25th. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy Can you just confirm that this is indeed a week long event like the blog states please? Just the in game calendar still states the upgrade event is only running until Monday the 25th. ​​

Was about to ask the same question.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »

They didn't update the in-game calendar, but it should last until the 28th.
  • Options
    @pwlaughingtrendy Can you just confirm that this is indeed a week long event like the blog states please? Just the in game calendar still states the upgrade event is only running until Monday the 25th.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. vQTD03D.png
    ​​
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »

When the dev blog and the in game calendar differ, it's always worth clarifying as previous experience has shown that it could go either way.
    ​​
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

Nice! Thanks for clarifying this, I was expecting it to end Monday. More days is good days!
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    what 28th !!!

Require more minerals !!!
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Thanks for this, I got my Trellium-D from Mark XII Rare to Mark XIV Epic. :smile:
  • Options
    dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It seems like someone forgot to tell the devs(same running the calendar?). Looks like Everythings back to Normal. Anyone else?
  • Options
    It seems like someone forgot to tell the devs(same running the calendar?). Looks like Everythings back to Normal. Anyone else?

The in game calendar wasn't updated (as per Trendy's post a few up the page) but the event IS still running. When you try upgrading something you'll see that the upgrades are still providing double the tech points they normally do.
    ​​
  • Options
    No there isn't. I tested it before saying something. There now is a trouble ticket, Arc Live has been notified, and it's in Bug Reporting section. @khamseenair: Is it working for you?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    No there isn't. I tested it before saying something. There now is a trouble ticket, Arc Live has been notified, and it's in Bug Reporting section. @khamseenair: Is it working for you?

I just took these screenshots.

Here's what the upgrade says it provides
    http://i.imgur.com/spC8l05.jpg

Here's what it's actually providing
    http://i.imgur.com/RhdVRyN.jpg

That tells me the event is still active.

Is there a specific item or tech upgrade you're trying to use which isn't working?
    ​​
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    For me, I've been try to change the rarity of several MkXIV torps(crafted and rep) and the Nukara mine. They were increasing quite well this weekend...back to normal today. Must be something wrong with my toon/account/something.
    Post edited by dragonhef01 on
  • Options
    Wow, I don't know what to think now. just went back and it's working: Hello UR Nukara [Dmg]. Strange...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm glad whatever weirdness was going Monday morning got corrected. Because after that, I did pretty good. Here are the important ones:

UR%20Nukara%20icon.jpg?dl=1
    UR%20Nukara.jpg?dl=1
    First UR rep wep. Finally changed @ 53%.

UR%20TOS%20torp%20icon.jpg?dl=1
    UR%20TOS%20torp.jpg?dl=1
    VR donated from AoY toon(had 2). This one started out green/uncommon.

UR%20crafted%20qt%20icon.jpg?dl=1
    UR%20crafted%20qt.jpg?dl=1
    Crafted photon will have to wait...

UR%20wide%20qt%20icon.jpg?dl=1
    UR%20wide%20qt.jpg?dl=1
    From my first C-Store ship: the Regent-class. Barely got this finished(daily 8000 dil, last 2 were standard superiors). Changed at only 20% and it's my first space wep to have CritX applied.

I'm definitely going to be playing many more elite STFs to stock up on salvage for the next time. Good luck everyone.

Post edited by dragonhef01 on