test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

t6 feringi Marauder: How did someone get this ship early?

Comments

• jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Whos in charge of their PR, David Cameron?
  • thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    wilv wrote: »
    Thank YOU! I saw his post and was like, I don't get it, I can do whatever I want with my money, lol.
    Well, I guess, there are some - let's put it this way - short-sighted people that are convinced that spending money on virtual entertainment is somehow inferior to spending money on so called "real-life" entertainment. Though how is spending 100$ a month, for instance, on video-games is so much different from spending the same amount on smoking, alcohol, cinema-going etc eludes me. Anyone can have their own entertainment budget, which one chooses to spend how pleases. And if someone doesn't have such a budget, it usually means that his/her quality of life is so great.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I was thinking a while ago... that Cryptic could not possibly top themselves with the Kelvin Timeline lockbox ships.

A T6 Connie (hot button issue), but it's the one from the JJ Abrams films (even hotter button issue), AND it's in a Lockbox only (OMFG).

I thought this was the magnum opus of trolling, that Cryptic could not possibly intentionally TRIBBLE off this many people at once.

Then THIS happens...

I'm sorry I ever doubted Cryptic, they raised the upper limit on trolling the playerbase beyond anything I expected.

Yj1DIxi.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I can't say as I really care about this too much. I've been around for 5 years. I subscribed for like 2 years before buying LTS, however I've still not spent $1000 so I doubt I'll be seeing this goldcard of ships. My partner may have spent $1000 so interested to see if she gets it.

edit: Having now seen the brick and mortar goodies people also got I would say it's going to people who have spent $10,000 or so.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• jayfresh11jayfresh11 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    I've been a lifetime member since 2012, and I've spent probably 3000 plus on this game, but I'm guessing the appreciation gifts are reserved for the people who contributed the most money. They deserve a gift for helping to fund this game and ensuring our enjoyment of playing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I'm curious if this giveaway was random or what criteria they used to pick the players fortunate enough to get this ship. Personally, I've been playing this game for approximately five years now, I'm a LTS, I've spent more money then I care to admit, and I log in and play pretty much every day, but I didn't get anything. I guess all that isn't enough support. I'm not really angry. I'm actually disappointed more then anything else.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Yer I think it's more about the lack of info on how people are being picked for this than the fact of getting a ship. yer a ship would be nice. But end of day its the lack of communication that has people more annoyed than not getting a ship.

You'd expect a company to post they doing a raffle or what the criteria if any is for the ship. but no. Lets be secrative & just do this without any1's knowledge in game. hope no1 get's pee'd off with us & that there is no backlash. Well wrong answer. That way is what causes backlash & anger & annoyance in the 1st place.
    A simple, if this was a raffle. "We are doing a raffle for the Grand Negus Maruader. Players will be selected randomly from their email accounts." or We are selecting a few player for the special Grand Nagus Maruader ship the criteria for picking these players was based on. blah blah blah." Then no backlash from players feeling annoyed at how this was done.
    But instead pur plain simple unadualterated silence.... As per normal from cryptic.
    1 thing in my 4 years of play I've learned about cryptic. Is they don't learn from past fiasco's. I beleive Albert Einstien said, "The very defenition of madness is doing the same thing over & over again & expecting a different result each time." Well Cryptic has this art to a tee. They do same things over & over & never change & expect a different result from the community everytime. Instead they end up with the same result over & over again. Which is an Angry, Dissappointed Community at them. & whats worse is that everytime this happens there is no reply from cryptic as to why? & that makes people even more angry & dissapointed in their lack of comman Curtisy.

I put it to you in this aspect:

'You go into a Bank.
    A bank that your mate bank's at too.
    Now both of you signed up sametime. Both got same job so same pay into bank. Both save same amount of money each month.
    1 day in the following years you & your mate enter the bank to withdraw 50 quid from your accounts cause your going out for a drink. For no apparent reason the teller gives your mate a 100 quid gift card. Saying thank you for your loyal Custom with us. You then have the same teller as your mate. But the teller doesnot give you a gift card. No explaination as to why she gave your mate 1 either. It baffles ya & dissappoints ya.
    But whats worse is that, the next person, then also recieves a gift card for an 100 quid.
    Now ur pee'd off. You kick up a fuss. As you so rightly should & demand to speak to the Branch Manager. The Manager comes to speak to you. You ask what this promotion is about. His response. "We do not know. We were just told to randomly pick people for it."
    How do you feel. Even more annoyed at fact the manager ain't a clue what it's about either. But whats worse is your mate whilst, your speaking to the Manager. Goes upto the the Teller. The very same teller as before, to withdraw another tenner & gets given another gift card. Now this really annoys the hell out of ya. Manager still can't explain it.
    You leave bank annoyed. Mate leaves bank happy.
    Now these Gift cards are account specific. So when your mate goes to redeem both cards the following day & gets told, he can only redeem the 1, then that annoys him a little. But not by much, as he still an 100 quid up.
    Now your mate tells you about this & that annoys you even more. What do ya do. Most people would go back to the bank. Demand to see manager again & demand they rectify this. If he/she can't then most people Phone up their Head Office. IF they can't rectify it either. Then most people will, go find another Bank to bank with. Resulting in a loss of costum & possibly aload of costumers withdrawing their accounts from bank, for doing such a sambolic giveaway that not even the management had a clue as to why it was taking place. Poor Communication breeds unhappiness about company that has the poor communication's with their costumer base.

Now Same sceneario different bank. Instead this time your mate is greeted by teller giving him the gift card. This time instead of saying thank you for your continued Costum & loy service she says. This card is being given to a selcet few that have been drawn randomly from our Computers to show our gratitude for our costumers service with us. it is our hope that this free giveaway will inspire others like your frind there to continue banking with us & to also tell their mates about this giveaway we do ever so often to bring us in new costumers. After she finished explaining & even saying only 1 card per account say every month. It's your turn to see the teller. Now she doesn't give you a card. you ask why she explains same thing she just explained to your mate about the promotion. Now yes you are still dissappointed at not getting 1. But you aren't angry & don't feel like you've been singled out by them & wanna go bank somewhere else as you now know you could win somert the next time they run the promotion in 6 months time.
    Much different result to the above not having a clue. You feel like you wanna keep banking with them. 6 months from now You know you may win an 100 quid in next promotion. You also know reason for promotion & you leave bank little dissappoineted at not being selected today but happy that you you could be in furture.'

It's simple customer service at end of day. You explain & tell people you are doing somert like Cryptic has today & people understand why. They maybe dissappointed when they not selected. But they still happy to put money into game & carry on playing knowning that this will happen again in future & will be put forth it is happening before it does. Instead of not knowing anything even on the day of giveaway or how people been selected for it. That does the opposite. It discourges people playing game & putting money into it. It's simple customer service at end of day & that seems to be badly lacking at cryptic.
  • alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I'm curious if this giveaway was random or what criteria they used to pick the players fortunate enough to get this ship. Personally, I've been playing this game for approximately five years now, I'm a LTS, I've spent more money then I care to admit, and I log in and play pretty much every day, but I didn't get anything. I guess all that isn't enough support. I'm not really angry. I'm actually disappointed more then anything else.
    Honestly nobody knows what exactly the criteria are for this promo, and that's part of the problem.

If you just read a few posts here or on the STO Reddit page, you'll find that people have reported wildly varying amounts of game-time played, durations of active subscriptions/LTS statuses, and amount of real-world money spent. Taking that data into account and then seeing how many of those people actually received the ship, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason regarding who gets it and who doesn't. The only thing that I've noticed consistently is major community contributors have gotten it, like Lootcritter and ZEF Films, among others.

I just wish we could get more information on this so we're not all running around on the forums like chickens with their proverbial heads cut off, LOL.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Now, I'll grant that being autistic I don't perceive social situations like a normal person; I wish I did, it would make my life a thousand times easier, and that isn't exaggerating, sadly. But while I can see a potential slander, I can't see an insult: the slander being that, if A and B supported equally and only one got the stuff, and there was then the claim that the one without had not supported as much; and I can't see any explicit statement of that nature here.
    It's not you. It's that some people look for reasons to be "insulted".
    The biggest frustration is the fact that there's NO explanation as to how one qualifies for this.
    I'm thinking it's mostly random. there's probably criteria for being eligible to get one. But only a lucky few of those eligible actually get one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I'll admit, what irks me most about this 'giveaway' isn't that I didn't get an e-mail. I never win at contests, so I'm not upset when I don't lol.

No, what irks me is that it's a UNIQUE ship, unobtainable through ANY other means. So if I really wanted one, I'd be... well frak'd.

It isn't so bad when Cryptic randomly(?) gives out a C-Store, Lockbox, or Lobi ship because, while it is a nice gesture to those lucky few, I could always just buy the ship with monies or in-game resources. Then everyone is happy, because I'd still get the ship and some people would have gotten a nifty freebie. Win/Win, no?

This is not the case here, and it's bothersome. Not because I really want a gold-plated Ferengi ship, I barely fly my Nandi as it is, but that it's restricted to a select few of PWE's/Cryptic's choosing.

Not cool PWE/Cryptic.

Not cool. :|
  • dragon200052dragon200052 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I have seen this before 3 times now once where one person got the T6 Valiant class and instantly LV60 for free in a same style email and another time where one friend and his brother using different accounts and both got an email that was different that gave them the T6 Andromeda class and also LV60 i really do not see how people get these and would really like to know. And they came from cryptic
  • virtvikkivirtvikki Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    28154793180_73aa2b3de4_c.jpg
    I am still checking my mail and hoping one will arrive. I run two Ferengi characters, one has an all Ferengi crew as well. Both have D'kora. I have all the lobi store Ferengi items. Even the golden book of knowledge and the fancy Ferengi jacket. I even got the huge latinum trophy (though no way of displaying it on my Ferengi ship.

I too am a lifetime subscriber and have been here since beta. I have bought the fancy packs at each expansion. I play pretty regularly. I have all the festival ships (Summer and Winter) I have not bought extra character slots though. I have have only purchased one c-store ship though. I have made a few YouTube videos about STO with my Ferengi character named Frool. My best friend got a code, but he has spent far more time than I have in game. I rarely post in forums though outside of beta tests that is.

When I saw the first post with an image of this ship, I was thinking Ohh! I got in tough with my inner Ferengi and he drooled a lot and said to go for it! So I stocked up on keys not knowing weather the ship would be lobi or a lockbox item. I was surprised to discover it was part of a giveaway. So I am rather disappointed, but I do hope it will show up soon, maybe.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    bridgern wrote: »
    other people having some thing that I don't have doesnt diminish me or my enjoyment of the game

I think it's less that he did not get the ship at least not yet but the general way this is handled and to be honest may also the state of the game.

The state of the game has never been better though.

Agreed - it must be in a good state for the Devs to feel comfortable enough to offend some long-standing players.

They can't do everything just based on who will have a tantrum about it.

So many people just go along looking for things to shriek SLAP in the FACE about that it must be frustrating and disheartening.

Indeed - and I am not usually one of them. But I'm sorry - this 'your money isn't as good as someone else's' thing is offensive.

You're already assuming that it was about what people spend on the game, and while that might seem so, it might not be the case at all. If's almost certainly too a large part random, which means that there was no judgement for or against you or your spendings or efforts in or for this game.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    I have seen this before 3 times now once where one person got the T6 Valiant class and instantly LV60 for free in a same style email and another time where one friend and his brother using different accounts and both got an email that was different that gave them the T6 Andromeda class and also LV60 i really do not see how people get these and would really like to know. And they came from cryptic
    Those specific promos are designed to entice players that haven't logged in to STO for a while to come back. I would guess your friend and his brother had not been playing too often and so they received those as a sort of "lure" to play more.

For this Nagus Marauder though? Nobody knows what the criteria are. It sucks even more this time around though because, as @orion0029 stated above you, this Nagus is 100% exclusive to this promo. At least with the Valiant and Andromeda promos you can still get those ships via the C-Store, but the Nagus cannot be acquired through any in-game means, including purchases.

budoshin42 wrote: »
    Over $2000 in Zen purchases dating back to August 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Goodness I've spent well over $5000.00 on this game in the last six years...
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    N.B. I'm pretty sure I spend upward of $5,000 on this game too. So it's probably all just random.
    kekvin wrote: »
    Been here since open beta. Spent 1000s. Nothing in mail wud love to know how u get 1
    lyanaar wrote: »
    spent A LOT MORE than 1000€ on the game
    I've also spent many thousands of UK pounds over the last 6 years, but I doubt it's to do with money so much.
    Spent at least 2500$ + since 2012. (Actually scared to check my paypal history, because its probably way higher then my estimate)
    azeda1 wrote: »
    I have spent way to much (over 8000$) but as I am a dedicated Star trek fan and love the game so..
    LTS + spent about 4K since beta
    I've spent over $5,000 on this game at a minimum and definitely over $1,000 this year alone and no email.
    between 2 accounts one LTS and nearly every federation ship purchased, we both have well over 1000 invested/
    This year alone I spent almost $1000 on zen.
    psytce0002 wrote: »
    I think I've spent over $1000 in the last 8 months
    azmodeas wrote: »
    Spent well over a grand over the years and didn't get the ship
    mikefl wrote: »
    I have spent thousands and been an LTS subscriber since nearly the beginning

This is the best list I have ever seen. Do you know what kinds of things you can buy yourself for a grand? Or five grand?

No real space ships, that's for sure. Also, no love.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    U.S.S. Gold Plated is ready. :P

tumblr_oambjjupvE1r796vco1_1280.jpg
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    So, with absolutely no information to use as the basis of opinion, people are screaming how horrible and unfair this is. The worst of us have gone so far as to abuse Trendy for nothing more than being a face for the game. And this is the behavior of grown men and women playing a bloody game?! It's like a toddler screaming that Mommy doesn't love him because she gave a piece of candy to his sister. Never mind the candy he got yesterday, the room full of toys, and the care and attention Mommy has given him for years. Sister got a piece of candy he can't have! That's horrible!
    Here's the bottom line. Nobody knows what criteria were used, but be sure there was some criteria, even if it was completely random. Some of us didn't meet the criteria, so we don't get the Shiny. We've lost nothing. No piece of the game has been removed from us. Nothing we earned or paid for has been taken away.
    So either go back to playing the game like a good little boy, or go sit in the timeout chair until you can behave better.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Thinking about when this was on the leak sites (which have now been culled again...) there seemed to be two versions, a "gold" one and a normal one. I wonder if this VR promo is the gold one, and the "regular" variant will follow as a promo pack ship.
    iconians wrote: »
    I was thinking a while ago... that Cryptic could not possibly top themselves with the Kelvin Timeline lockbox ships.

A T6 Connie (hot button issue), but it's the one from the JJ Abrams films (even hotter button issue), AND it's in a Lockbox only (OMFG).

I thought this was the magnum opus of trolling, that Cryptic could not possibly intentionally **** off this many people at once.

Then THIS happens...

I'm sorry I ever doubted Cryptic, they raised the upper limit on trolling the playerbase beyond anything I expected.

Yj1DIxi.gif​​

Next step is giving away the TOS Constitution as Tier 6 ship. (Or the TMP Constitution?)
    staq16 wrote: »
    Thinking about when this was on the leak sites (which have now been culled again...) there seemed to be two versions, a "gold" one and a normal one. I wonder if this VR promo is the gold one, and the "regular" variant will follow as a promo pack ship.
    That is a possibility, though from what I've heard this "gilded Nagus" can also use other Ferengi hull materials in addition to the gold. Seems odd to me to have an entirely separate ship if the only difference between the two would be access to a single hull material. Your prediction may be correct though; only time will tell.

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    This is like opening a soda and finding out you're a loser. I didn't need the reminder guys, thanks.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

This is like opening a soda and finding out you're a loser. I didn't need the reminder guys, thanks.

This made me laugh harder than it should have. Good job.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Either this promo wasn't well thought out or it was mishandled from the start. Ok so the Community Manager (Trendy) was left in the dark about this. Not exactly a good practice in communication within the company, especially since the CM is the one everyone is turning to for answers. I am just appalled that she would receive harassment and threats over this. Really? Whoever is threatening her over a lousy ship should really work on getting their head straight again.

The lack of communication from the company to us is befuddling to say the least. Who was the person that organized this promo? Whoever it was should have at least put out the notice and the requirements, a couple of minutes dedicated to that sort of customer relations could have gone a long way to alleviating the mess that's going on now. It doesn't mean that everyone would win but at least we would know why we didn't win.

Someone mentioned "common courtesy" and I think that is one of the things that Cryptic needs to implement more when doing these sort of things. For me it's not the prize that has me bummed out but the way they promoted it. Ten pages and still no answer.... that's what is disappointing.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    That was 7 hours ago LaughingTrendy was in the dark. I'm sure she's had a meeting by now and was told not to say anything or comment at all on it and keep everyone in the dark till this blows are and everyone is peeved about the next thing they mishandle.
  • flumfflumf Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Early this morning I saw this thread and checked my email however nothing was there so I shrugged said oh well and moved on with my life. Now I'm home from work I checked again and still nothing and again moved on with my day without a second thought. Than I decided to look at the forums because its pretty much my after work routine and man did this thread go downhill fast.

So Cryptic is giving a shiny thing and a box of swag to people for playing the game a lot, and now all the people who didn't get the shiny thing and box of swag are coming to the forums to throw a temper tantrum? Seems par for the course for the perpetually butthurt mmo players I see in just about every mmo I've played.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    angarus1 wrote: »
    U.S.S. Gold Plated is ready.

tumblr_oambjjupvE1r796vco1_1280.jpg

It looks kindy funky there. Like I said, they use some sort of specular mapping to reach the shiny gold effect. Specular mapping is dependent upon the surrounding light. Tl;dr: gold-plated D'Kora looks endlessly better in, say, the Contested Battlezone, where it is truly gorgeous! And in Terran Zone, like I said earlier, not so much (as it's 100% red there).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    That was 7 hours ago LaughingTrendy was in the dark. I'm sure she's had a meeting by now and was told not to say anything or comment at all on it and keep everyone in the dark till this blows are and everyone is peeved about the next thing they mishandle.

Hmm, "I'll ask for clarification re the Nagus codes. I don't handle emails or create stuff like this, so I'll need to check with folks." does not include "and i will let you know", for me it sounds like the pr-speak version of "lol, seriously?", i would be very, VERY suprised should PWI reveal the Criterias for the Promotion this time.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    flumf wrote: »
    So Cryptic is giving a shiny thing and a box of swag to people for playing the game a lot, and now all the people who didn't get the shiny thing and box of swag are coming to the forums to throw a temper tantrum? Seems par for the course for the perpetually butthurt mmo players I see in just about every mmo I've played.

I know, isn't it great?​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    I sure want one, but no confidence that I'd ever get it. I'd settle for a non-gold-plated T5 version. (Deeldor just might sell his bridge officers to get one...)

Couldn't tell you how much I've spent on the game over the years, but it's a lot. Certainly more than $500, but maybe not over a $1000. {Shrug.} Life's too short and too busy to worry about it.

Just out of curiosity, what's the Starship Mastery trait for it?
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    I sure want one, but no confidence that I'd ever get it. I'd settle for a non-gold-plated T5 version. (Deeldor just might sell his bridge officers to get one...)

Couldn't tell you how much I've spent on the game over the years, but it's a lot. Certainly more than $500, but maybe not over a $1000. {Shrug.} Life's too short and too busy to worry about it.

Just out of curiosity, what's the Starship Mastery trait for it?

ZLKkRgf.png​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.