test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

t6 feringi Marauder: How did someone get this ship early?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Loads of ridiculous posts ans entitlement in this thread... *Sighs* Business as usual on STO forums.
    Time to grab some popcorn and enjoy the pointless rage

However, what I don't get, is why some people here whine "Cryptic this" or "Cryptic that".

WHAT CRYPTIC HAS TO DO WITH GIVEAWAYS HANDLED SOLELY BY PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAIMENT, for Christ sake ?

I doubt that even Al Rivera in Cryptic knows the details of this giveaways.

You don't think they know the details of a product they created ? O_o yeah ...... Pretty sure you are wrong,
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Man, I am keeping my fingers crossed I am eligible for this glorious ship. It'd definitely be the crown jewel for my Ferengi toon.
    Like, I'm pretty sure I've invested quite a bit of capital into the game. But not just that, I've been around for quite some time, too.

STO%20closed%20beta%20pic_zpsovirn1wx.jpg

Man, STO. I've been playing you for so damn long, lol
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    You don't think they know the details of a product they created ? O_o yeah ...... Pretty sure you are wrong,
    Cryptic is told that they need to create a ship with unique perks as a reward. Then PWE decides, how and when the ship will be distributed.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Its a years old vessel.
    The thing that makes this special is thai its a golden pimp ride.

They sure as hell were not getting sells on that d'kora anymore so why now be stingy.

Hand it out as a big, fat thank you to the whole community. The community that **** and moans but still does not abandon this ship. The community who made this game a viable financial thing. How fitting would it have been to hand out a ship that has cost just about zero in new development cost, a ferengi vessel in gold palted bling, to everyone as a token of apreciation?

Yeah. no. It's not just golden, it's genuine T6. And that extra Lt. Cmdr. seat really matters.

EDIT: And I don't think ppl are upset, per se, for not just having received yet another ship, but for not having received another ship that was specifically branded for being given to allegedly loyal Captains: that ticks off everyone and their cat, who didn't get one, for apparently not being loyal enough themselves.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    szim wrote: »
    There seems to be some bad communication going on if not even our CM knows the exact details.
    https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/755762390143148033

So some idiot decided that keeping the COMMUNITY MANAGER out of the loop regarding this was a good idea?

I despair.

Erm. A CM is there to placate the online media channels (twitter facebook, forums) and attempt to mitigate shitstorms in build up.
    His or her role is not to actually communicate to the Playerbase or make a case for them back at company home.

It is a mitigation, thats why they are never informed about anything, so that "i am looking in to this, keep calm" can be used over an over again.

The people behind the post are usually nice people not deserving of the heat they often get but the position of CM is a deeply cynical one.

Never forget that, in the end, a company does not make an expense for no reason. Having an employee play nice with the customers is not they do for fun. Its for the purpose of more spin control.

^^

Erm. It seems like it would help mitigate the shitstorms to actually tell the CM when you're going to try something that will make more work for her. It's not like they didn't see what "Tada! Random promotional goods!" did last time...

@pwlaughingtrendy, you've really got to get the folks running these promos to write up an announcement for the day the emails are sent, or include whatever threshold was met in said emails. Word of mouth marketing is all well and good, but the problem here is that the recipients don't know the criteria for the promotion and therefore cannot serve as an incentive for others to emulate the desired behavior. Instead, we end up with pissed off community members that have spent what they consider to be a significant sum (that does not meet the minimum criteria for this specific promotion), or those that feel as if they have supported or contributed to STO in some manner (which was not one of the criteria for this promotion), etc... all of whom are wondering why they were left out.

The promotion itself is awesome, and gratz to those that qualified (I'm pretty sure I was never in the running for this one :tongue:), but the execution could have gone better.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I can't login to the game right now - do we have riots yet on ESD?
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    baldrick8 wrote: »

Game servers are now only for Gold D'Kora players.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User

Then we'll have to suck up to Gold D'Kora players from now on. They might let us in perhaps? I'm sure we can come to some ... mutually beneficial understanding.

• psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User

Not Cool, Man !!!! :)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I don't understand why they decide to do promotions like this. It makes a huge numbers of players feel neglected...for a handful to be happy.

And ALL of them were happy to begin with.

So, now, you have stuff like this thread going on.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

Speaking of gold-plated D'Koras, mine (DX11) is completely *red* inside the Terran battlezone. Like a 100% shiny red. If this were Second Life, I'd say the specular mapping is off on them. Probably something similar going on here.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I kinda skimmed through the last few pages but it seems there are quite a few confused people, which is understandable since there is no *obvious* way to look at who got or may yet get one of these ships.

Some folks seem upset, angry even, and I suppose that's natural. But remember everyone, it's a game, try not to get too bent out of shape.

I've spent some money on the game, but nowhere near what others seem to have spent. I have an LTS and I subbed for a while before that. I've bought Zen. I've played almost daily.

BUT, I don't expect to get one of these ships. If I do, great. If I don't, oh well. I still have plenty of other ships to fly and I'm sure there will be more coming.

Now that swag pack with the hat and glasses and everything, THAT would be pretty neat to get. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    yeah, I may not have they years in STO that some people have, but when it comes to supporting STO, I have paid my dues, at exactly $1,120.00. If paying a dev's weekly pay-check doesn't qualify for a ship, I would disdain to think what it does take.
    2j4zi3k.jpg

• knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    The swag pack is pretty swagalicious to say the least. Swag me up Scotty?!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Bah no email...
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    yeah, I may not have they years in STO that some people have, but when it comes to supporting STO, I have paid my dues, at exactly $1,120.00. If paying a dev's weekly pay-check doesn't qualify for a ship, I would disdain to think what it does take.

More like 2-3 days for a dev in the US.

But this is definitely another PR blunder: people who get it are "special" but with no way to know how or why.

Besides explaining their logic, PWE should have done something like have a random drawing or contest to give "less loyal" players a chance at the shiny.

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    WOW another promo that includes a very small minority but disenfranchise MOST players.

At the very least what happened to communicating to the rest of the player base. Instead of being secretive about it...put it out there so we ALL can see it. Don't you know that perhaps some might feel encourage to play or spend certain amount of money to get same rewards? As always is a marketing disaster promo pig-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    No email as of yet , LTS as well although I haven't spent a ton of cash on the game. What gets me is not the fact that I haven't received anything in the mail but the fact that after 9 pages not so much as a confirmation from a dev or even some effort to relay to us that the information is being looked into.

I understand that sometimes this might be difficult to get but with the wide range of communication devices you would think one phone call, voice mail etc (the list goes on and on) they would have got some clarification. It's an awesome promo and I am genuinely glad for the ones that got this. I do hope though I get lucky enough to get a email but its like the old adage "hope for the best, but expect the worst" or in this case, nothing.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
    storules wrote: »
    WOW another promo that includes a very small minority but disenfranchise MOST players.

A thing others did and got that you didn't do and get in no way disenfranchises you.

That said, what they did to get it is completely laughable. Don't envy them.
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    The biggest frustration is the fact that there's NO explanation as to how one qualifies for this. Even worse, the community manager has been kept in the dark about the entire thing. Trendy has NO clue how or why people are being chosen or even IF more people will be chosen. So, WTF?! What genius organized this and decided to leave the CM out of the loop?

A thing others did and got that you didn't do and get in no way disenfranchises you.

Dude...do you actually KNOW what they "did" to actually deserve this? Neither do I. So please do not get on your high horse and judge others if you have no point. The whole reason of this thread is to find out the WHY.​​

How is it laughable? To my knowledge there's no info on HOW the "winners" are being picked...

Dude...do you actually KNOW what they "did" to actually deserve this? Neither do I. So please do not get on your high horse and judge others if you have no point. The whole reason of this thread is to find out the WHY.​​

Pretty sure the real reason is for the rest of us to laugh at their lack of awareness of their missteps.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Checked my email and got one also. First time ever winning something in this game.
    XzRTofz.gif
    budoshin42 wrote: »
    Over $2000 in Zen purchases dating back to August 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Goodness I've spent well over $5000.00 on this game in the last six years...
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    N.B. I'm pretty sure I spend upward of $5,000 on this game too. So it's probably all just random.
    kekvin wrote: »
    Been here since open beta. Spent 1000s. Nothing in mail wud love to know how u get 1
    lyanaar wrote: »
    spent A LOT MORE than 1000€ on the game
    I've also spent many thousands of UK pounds over the last 6 years, but I doubt it's to do with money so much.
    Spent at least 2500$ + since 2012. (Actually scared to check my paypal history, because its probably way higher then my estimate)
    azeda1 wrote: »
    I have spent way to much (over 8000$) but as I am a dedicated Star trek fan and love the game so..
    LTS + spent about 4K since beta
    I've spent over $5,000 on this game at a minimum and definitely over $1,000 this year alone and no email.
    between 2 accounts one LTS and nearly every federation ship purchased, we both have well over 1000 invested/
    wilv wrote: »
    This year alone I spent almost $1000 on zen.
    psytce0002 wrote: »
    I think I've spent over $1000 in the last 8 months
    azmodeas wrote: »
    Spent well over a grand over the years and didn't get the ship
    mikefl wrote: »
    I have spent thousands and been an LTS subscriber since nearly the beginning

This is the best list I have ever seen. Do you know what kinds of things you can buy yourself for a grand? Or five grand?

I just bought a new car too, so what's your point?

Thank YOU! I saw his post and was like, I don't get it, I can do whatever I want with my money, lol.

Dude...do you actually KNOW what they "did" to actually deserve this? Neither do I. So please do not get on your high horse and judge others if you have no point. The whole reason of this thread is to find out the WHY.

Pretty sure the real reason is for the rest of us to laugh at their lack of awareness of their missteps.
    65642799.jpg​​
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Wow, awful lot of sour grapes in this thread...

Still, I find it discouraging that a unique ship like this is ONLY obtainable if you get lucky and get an e-mail code. That's a great way to divide the playerbase and encourage complaining. :/

Oh, and if anyone cares at all. It seems being a bug hunter does not qualify one for an e-mail code, I didn't get one.

Ah well. *shrugs*
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    A thought just occurred to me, could this maybe be linked to event ships/items, such that only those who have obtained all of them get the new Ferengi ship?

I can confirm this not the case. I chose not to get a few of the event ships and I got an email with the code last night.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
This discussion has been closed.