test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Miner Instabilities

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
In “Miner Instabilities”, you're sent to Edren IV to investigate a temporal anomaly as part of a response team.

Romulans have gorn and attacked the Federation-Gorn mining expedition!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    This is Gorna be great.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I'm feeling a tad bit unstable with this news.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I wonder if people get era-appropriate appearance for this mission :smile: Like how our Fed. captain gets a Klingon disguise during that Klingon War mission with the doomsday machine :smile:

Ooor like with our ships in Days of Doom, we're just told that we have some kind of optical camo. field that allows us to pass as 23c era characters but we'll look normal otherwise?

Either way, get ready 23c Romulans, cause you're getting evicted :tongue:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Being one of those weird people who like ground combat in this game, I'm looking forward to this. My new Boolean Cannon and Temporal kit modules are ready to go. Time to shoot some knife ears. :p
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Is this a 5 person queue or a 20 person queue? I'm assuming 5, but it reminds me of Mine Trap.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    I hope the Gorn are captured in special forcefields and not simply tied up, otherwise, it's not gorna be good for their reputation.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Miners have certainly hit a punice layer of jokes.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    At first glance i think i will prefer the ground queue to the space queues. Tried both of them and both are IMO rather annoying.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    oh, hey, neat. I hope it's another brotherhood or pre-altered bug hunt.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

How about mine trap gorn style..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I have been wondering why there were no ground queues added with the new expansion. Good to see that one will be added :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    *gets out lens flare batleth* I am ready!

But seriously, there IS a Kelvin Timeline batleth as a mission reward now. It has 3 squiggly blades on each end.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    At first glance i think i will prefer the ground queue to the space queues. Tried both of them and both are IMO rather annoying.

So it's not just me then? That's good to know. The new queues sounded neat in the blogs but after running them over the last couple of days, I need some other way of getting Temporal Marks. As I still have characters that aren't 60 yet, and therefore can't get into the Badlands to get marks there, I'm glad there is at least *some* other option to get Temporal Marks.

I just hope this queue is more fun than Days of Dumb and The Battle of the Battle of the Battle of Prozac 5. :p
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User

But seriously, there IS a Kelvin Timeline batleth as a mission reward now. It has 3 squiggly blades on each end.

If batleths had a bit more useful combinations, this would instantly become my new favorite melee weapon. It looks terrific. And terrifying :p
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    People were complaining about no ground pve queues with the launch of AoY. So there you guys go.

As for me, I'm still on probation for hiring miners to do daily fleet assignments. In my defense they all said they were 18, but the court called me an idiot and said I should have verified it. :|
  • aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I think Cryptic should release a AOY Warzone. I love the PvPvE.​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    People were complaining about no ground pve queues with the launch of AoY. So there you guys go.

As for me, I'm still on probation for hiring miners to do daily fleet assignments. In my defense they all said they were 18, but the court called me an idiot and said I should have verified it. :|

Be sure to ask the SCE about Horta-proof deck plating. I had a Horta along for a mineral survey once... when we beamed some samples aboard and he got a whiff of the raw tritanium, which was spiced with traces of rubidium... he started salivating so hard he melted through seven decks. Almost spaced himself.
    Post edited by kelettes on
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
    risian4 wrote: »

If batleths had a bit more useful combinations, this would instantly become my new favorite melee weapon. It looks terrific. And terrifying :p
    Have you mastered the overhead chop? that combo move hurts like
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »

Be sure to ask the SCE about Horta-proof deck plating. I had a Horta along for a mineral survey once... when we beamed some samples aboard and he got a whiff of the raw tritaium, which was spiced with traces of rubidium... he started salivating so hard he melted through seven decks. Almost spaced himself.

All my hortas ever produce is gas. :disappointed:
  • itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    I thought this was going to be a post about the server.

They really need to fix their infrastructure.

Getting SNRs so much on both STO and NW but never getting disconnected in any other game I play proves a point...
    ITPaladin.png
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Sounds like fun. It would sound even more fun without the "attack the Romulan camp" ending, but at least "from two fronts" seems more interesting than usual. And do count one more voice among the "prefers ground over space" camp saying thanks for this queue!
    Sounds like fun. It would sound even more fun without the "attack the Romulan camp" ending, but at least "from two fronts" seems more interesting than usual. And do count one more voice among the "prefers ground over space" camp saying thanks for this queue!
    count me in there. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User

~throws produce at you~

-Bad Lenard Nemoy voice- This is bad comedy!

Anyhow, I just want the TOS Gorn aesthetic for my gorn toon
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    The Battle of the Battle of the Battle of Prozac 5. :p

You, sir, just won the Internetz! :D​​
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Loving the new queue.
    One of the Gorn miners gave me their communicator number. She said I was cute. dino2-1.gif​​

Maybe she was your grandmother.. ;)

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    One of the Gorn miners gave me their communicator number. She said I was cute. dino2-1.gif​​
    B) go for it.

I don't think we ever saw a girl Gorn. I always felt Gorn were asexual, like Dragon Ball's Nameks.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    All Gorns are born male

in time when some of them become larger

they turn into female

or they are all females

maybe they are like Varanus komodoensis ,

capable reproduce without a male

it has huge advantage in pre-warp space colonisation

Mzd8i1c.gif