test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unite the Factions already

End this horrid abomination of a faction system.

it's useless, the only real reason it ever existed in the first place was to have a PVP setting, and we're going to be uniting anyway as evidence shown in game.

I understand it'll take time and it's not like the flip of a switch. but ffs, I'm betting sales would go through the roof for the other faction vessels if there were no faction restrictions, same for ship slot sales etc.

I may have wanted strict faction rules in the past, but we're waaaaay past that point now, unless you're going to introduce new weapon, shield, and impulse types for each faction only, then you're not going to have many takers.

Comments

• nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    I'm in favor of that. Get my KDF character into my main fleet, I'll play her.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    no, that is all.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    End this horrid abomination of a faction system.

it's useless, the only real reason it ever existed in the first place was to have a PVP setting, and we're going to be uniting anyway as evidence shown in game.

I understand it'll take time and it's not like the flip of a switch. but ffs, I'm betting sales would go through the roof for the other faction vessels if there were no faction restrictions, same for ship slot sales etc.

I may have wanted strict faction rules in the past, but we're waaaaay past that point now, unless you're going to introduce new weapon, shield, and impulse types for each faction only, then you're not going to have many takers.
    Not gonna happen.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Yeah, I'd really prefer it if they'd unite the factions under one roof. Barriers between cross-faction teaming and cross-faction fleeting need to come down. Desegregate the factions so more people are able to seamlessly play with each other without regard to whether they're Fed or KDF.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    A 29th century Federation faction.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    no
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    I'd have to agree that either they need to do something to make the faction system meaningful in some way (like an actual PvP system improvement) or just let it die and bring it all together. The way it stands (and has stood for years) is like the elephant in the room no one talks about but everyone sees.

The only purpose it really serves at the moment is for RP'ers to give themselves some validation. For everyone else it's simply a minor annoyance that keeps a few separated from the majority.

So either fix the problem by enhancing the reason there's a faction system in the first place, or get rid of the damned thing.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I don't want Klingon savages on ESD thank you
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I don't want Starfleet hypocrits on Qo'noS either, but sometimes we have to put aside our personal feelings for the greater good.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    The factions will probably remain as of now, but they wont seperate the community any more with a third factions (like if the Cardassians enters the game)
    21ajpqt.png
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User

That's amusing, considering there have been playable Klinks for Fed forever now.

Unless you're an Ostrich, you're going to encounter one sooner or later :wink:
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.

That's amusing, considering there have been playable Klinks for Fed forever now.

My fed eng is a Klink :) . In my headcanon the fed side Klingons are much more civilized than their KDF brothers though.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

I don't want Starfleet hypocrits on Qo'noS either, but sometimes we have to put aside our personal feelings for the greater good.​​

that sounds suspiciously like Tau speak.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Loosen the faction bindings a bit. Cross faction teaming up would be grand. Not sure about anything else.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I wish the naysayers had more to offer then "No".

I get that your worried about the factions not feeling different enough, but that ship has already sailed, and best way to get more KDF (and vassal states) and Romulan Republic content, ships, and equiptment is to merge the factions.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

My fed eng is a Klink :) . In my headcanon the fed side Klingons are much more civilized than their KDF brothers though.
    I personally don't like Klingons. :p I don't totally avoid them, but I don't play one. Gorn and Orions are better. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Or... you know... they could actually give a damn about the factions... like virtually every other MMO in existence has done.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    I wish the naysayers had more to offer then "No".

I get that your worried about the factions not feeling different enough, but that ship has already sailed, and best way to get more KDF (and vassal states) and Romulan Republic content, ships, and equiptment is to merge the factions.

no, thats the best way to ensure we never get any content ever again. it hard enough getting cryptic to do anything for minor factions without giving them a "oh they can just use feds ships" excuse. hell we don't get any mission any more. just fed mission with maybe a few words switched.

there is nothing that needs to be said other then no, if you dislike this idea.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.

I personally don't like Klingons. :p I don't totally avoid them, but I don't play one. Gorn and Orions are better. :p

The presence of Gorn and Orions is why I can't bring myself to play my KDF character
    eaY7Xxu.png
    deleroux wrote: »
    Or... you know... they could actually give a damn about the factions... like virtually every other MMO in existence has done.
    Uhh what?

Every major MMO sans WoW has basically done away with factions.

Even Guild wars 2 merged all races and order's storylines into one about half way through the game.

Even TOR, which prided itself on having all these branching storylines, has began to merge all the storylines in its newest content drops.

This idea that most MMOs, or even a lot of MMOs, "give a damn about factions" is so objectively wrong its laughable.

TOR hasn't merged factions. You're full of TRIBBLE. Please stop being full of TRIBBLE to rationalize substandard developer neglect. And stop using words that you clearly don't know the meaning of.
    Uhh what?

Even Guild wars 2 merged all races and order's storylines into one about half way through the game.

Even TOR, which prided itself on having all these branching storylines, has began to merge all the storylines in its newest content drops.

This idea that most MMOs, or even a lot of MMOs, "give a damn about factions" is so objectively wrong its laughable.

TOR hasn't merged factions. You're full of ****. Please stop being full of **** to rationalize substandard developer neglect. And stop using words that you clearly don't know the meaning of.

Both factions follow the same story now ...
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Uhh what?

TOR hasn't merged factions. You're full of ****. Please stop being full of **** to rationalize substandard developer neglect. And stop using words that you clearly don't know the meaning of.

Both factions follow the same story now ...

And that constitutes a "merge" how? Oh, right, it doesn't. You're just moving goal posts and conflating things with nonsense.
    Uhh what?

just side note, yes, most muti faction mmo merge story lines after a while. they do not make it one of their faction storyline than give the rest the finger or take away already existing faction differences. they sure as hell don't try to drive away other factions, so they can push their one true faction.

so the idea what cryptic is doing is normal is so objectively wrong it's laughable.

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Ironic, Orions are why I choose to play KDF instead of federation.
    nightken wrote: »
    just side note, yes, most muti faction mmo merge story lines after a while. they do not make it one of their faction storyline than give the rest the finger or take away already existing faction differences. they sure as hell don't try to drive away other factions, so they can push their one true faction.

so the idea what cryptic is doing is normal is so objectively wrong it's laughable.
    Except Cryptic is doing none of that, so your assessment is wrong.

The TRIBBLE is overflowing now.
    nightken wrote: »

Except Cryptic is doing none of that, so your assessment is wrong.

I'm sorry but are you high, disagree with me about merging thats personal opinion can't judge that. but have looked at the last release or heard anything the lead designer says... you know what nevermind, I know where this road leads it is a waste of both our times.

• rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Maybe it was all a dream but I remember the KDF pretty much running point during the Iconian War? It was a crossfaction content with a KDF focus (how ever small or large it is).

But hey, no one liked the Iconian War so it does not count right?