test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most Difficult Reputation Marks to Earn?

13»

Comments

• welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Grinding Temporal sucks mostly because there's not Ground Queue option. If it wasn't for Risa, I'd have no marks.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    goliaas2 wrote: »
    the hardest part is terran reputation
    Mission selection is small and the battle zone gives low marks or no, that's dyson ground battle zone gives more
    This TBH.

The badlands battlezone gives out near zero marks, and its skewed statistic calculations means anyone who isn't flying a 10billion DPS exploit boat is lucky to get tier 3 rewards(aka no marks)

You can literally spend hours there and come out with less then 300 marks its that bad.

I'm floored by this. How exactly do you "literally spend hours there and come out with less than 300 marks" because I do one run there and get over 100 and the 3 elite rep tokens for BOTH Terran and Temporal Reps, to include +1 more elite token of my choice if I stick around to spawn camp the Terran Empire ships at the extra part.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User

Infected Space map takes less than 3 minutes to complete. When you have like zero time but want to do something Trek and fly your ship, it's pretty much the best choice. You should try it.

Ugh. I hate it when people say this. With a Min/Max DPS premade, yes. But in general, that is NOT the case in a pug.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm floored by this. How exactly do you "literally spend hours there and come out with less than 300 marks" because I do one run there and get over 100 and the 3 elite rep tokens for BOTH Terran and Temporal Reps, to include +1 more elite token of my choice if I stick around to spawn camp the Terran Empire ships at the extra part.
    Because the entire system for determining rewards is so heavily skewed in favor of DPS that the people who exploit the game to get those ultra high DPS values are the only people who can get their tier 4 reward needed to get marks.

Its so bad I know a number of people with full MK14 epic gear, who can spam every +damage, +crit, +everything, power they have, and still never make it above tier 2 rewards in things like the base attack stage, and the big final assault wave, because there is always that ONE guy with such high DPS that the game's calculator determines that no one else did enough damage to warrant any reward.

Whats sad is that it was even WORSE when the battlezone first launch, with even many of those ultra high DPsers not being able to do enough damage to get the tier 4 reward needed to get ANY marks at all. Crytpic turned it down, but barely.

Dude, I'm not one of those guys with "full MK14 epic gear, who spam every +damage, +crit, +everything, etc" but I know how to build my ships up in a budget and make them perform. There is no magic required. Just GET IN THERE and fight and you will get your rewards. I'm going in there with my low 50 something Fed AOY character in a T5U Nihydron Destroyer using Mk X STOCK Coalition Disruptors. No fancy fleet gear, no fancy reputation equipment, no fancy traits outside of normal 1-50 progression, definitely no Mk XIV Gold Plated equipment. My Tac Consoles consist of a variety of Marks for Disruptors mostly at Mk X and one Mk XII Rare. These aren't Spire Consoles. And I still get my rewards.

Sorry, I had another character mixed up. You can do the Badlands BZ with poorly equipped characters, because that's what I've been doing with alts while my main piles up the marks to eventually make sponsorship tokens. Badlands BZ is heavily featured in this effort.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Delta and Iconian are very easy. Just go to Kobali. 10 mins of work max for both dailies AND you get an elite mark.

Getting 65 marks for both reputations if you get the daily bonus, of course that is if the NPCs actually stop respawning long enough so that you can move without getting shot, kinda hard to do anything if you spend over an hour just clearing them out so you can do the objectives without getting interrupted every few seconds.
    It's really quite easy. If you're that bad at playing ground, I'd be happy to team up with you and carry you through these missions some time.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Delta and Iconian are very easy. Just go to Kobali. 10 mins of work max for both dailies AND you get an elite mark.
    Getting 65 marks for both reputations if you get the daily bonus, of course that is if the NPCs actually stop respawning long enough so that you can move without getting shot, kinda hard to do anything if you spend over an hour just clearing them out so you can do the objectives without getting interrupted every few seconds.
    It's really quite easy. If you're that bad at playing ground, I'd be happy to team up with you and carry you through these missions some time.
    count me in, I love a good ground battle.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg