test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    bug with the KDF Mirror uniforms(Male). the waist size never changes, and your character's torso becomes detached, moving freely of the legs. very jarring. havent tested on other races or females. just Klingon Males.

EDIT: also, just from a QOL thought? any chance a graphics dev could be freed up after the AOY stuff is out the door to do a pass over of all the uniforms that were ingame at launch/year 1? I would say all uniforms but that would be a huge undertaking. just a once over to see whats not up to the current Par in the games quality, like what was done some time back for the TWOK uniforms. i dont know how much of a task that would be, its just a thought from my side of the peanut gallery.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,293 Community Moderator
    EDIT: also, just from a QOL thought? any chance a graphics dev could be freed up after the AOY stuff is out the door to do a pass over of all the uniforms that were ingame at launch/year 1? I would say all uniforms but that would be a huge undertaking. just a once over to see whats not up to the current Par in the games quality, like what was done some time back for the TWOK uniforms. i dont know how much of a task that would be, its just a thought from my side of the peanut gallery.

Excellent suggestion. +1
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! We have some updates. These will hit the servers in the near future. Thank you for your feedback and patience :)

-Mirror Universe Shorts (female) have had their color choices revised
    -Mirror Universe Klingon Uppers (Male) have been revised to animate and scale more appropriately
    -Dyson Jackets on Klingon Females have been fixed (should no longer have empty polygons)
    -Mercenary Jackets have had their categories revised - should be consistent for both male and female
    -Miner Jacket - Miner Jacket for females have been fixed - clipping polygons should now be fixed
    -BADGES: Currently there is an issue that some badges may or may not be appearing for some players. A fix for his is already in the works.

• bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    callevista wrote: »
    Hello! We have some updates. These will hit the servers in the near future. Thank you for your feedback and patience :)

-Mirror Universe Shorts (female) have had their color choices revised
    -Mirror Universe Klingon Uppers (Male) have been revised to animate and scale more appropriately
    -Dyson Jackets on Klingon Females have been fixed (should no longer have empty polygons)
    -Mercenary Jackets have had their categories revised - should be consistent for both male and female
    -Miner Jacket - Miner Jacket for females have been fixed - clipping polygons should now be fixed
    -BADGES: Currently there is an issue that some badges may or may not be appearing for some players. A fix for his is already in the works.

Yaay!!
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    The Good: I love the addition of the Drawn Back Pony as a hairstyle option for Klingon males - it's great to have a choice that isn't dreadlocks for those of us with TOS leanings.
    The Bad: Unfortunately, there seems to be a minor problem - with both KDF and Starfleet Klingons - using the Drawn Back Pony. With the Ridged head of a Klingon, the ridge sticks up through the hair in one spot not far back from the hairline, which ruins the effect...

So does that mean that the Mercenary Jacket will now be available for female BOffs as well as male ones?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @callevista, great to see you keeping us posted again :)

However, I think something has gone wrong with one of the fixes:

This is now far worse than it was before:

Screenshot

Tested on a female Vulcan and Romulan character. The copy of this shirt used as an undershirt with the Miner Vest doesn't clip, but still has an invisible chest where the collar is open. That also applies to the Miner Shirt Long Sleeve, which doesn't have any problem when used without the Vest (thankfully--it's my favorite Off Duty shirt for my Vulcan!)

The male Miner Shirt Long Sleeve has very minor clipping around the shoulders, too.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    The Intel uniforms do not allow for many of the badge options from the AoY release
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Tw9XzBf.jpg

c0GsxlA.jpg

Liberated Borg Klingon Male.

Oh, and the Cranial Ridge Jewelry (Blingons) still isn't accessible.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    I guess I won't use this. I guess.

CnSJ3C-XEAAdTHU.jpg

Don't be a coward, break the rules. Don't let Cryptic tell you how to play the game.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Oh yeah, forgot all about that, I get the DO NOT USE head category on my Male Klingon Sci with the Kelvin Klingon uniform.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm pretty sure when I try to use the 'Kirk alternate captain's vest' (the wraparound, can't remember the full name off hand, and alt-tabbing has been weird in game lately) - there's an Enterprise (TOS - the parabola ship patch and the command division icon, not something from Archer's era) badge that seems permanently on the lower right part of the abdomen on it, and there's a badge in the usual position that can be altered, but it doesn't affect the lower patch.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    edited July 2016
    The 23c Tunic? The second/lower TOS Enterprise insignia is supposed to be the buckle, closure, whatever, if I remember correctly. It's (unfortunately) part of the outfit itself and has always been there.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    Yeah, I wouldn't say that's a bug but the badge placement is definitely something I'd like to see change. That and an option to remove the rank piping on the shoulders.

I'm so glad the proper shade of green was added for it in this expansion, though!
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Two issues I've come across so far; Klingon Academy Boots appear to be missing from all boot categories, even when trying different leg pant options on males (currently). Also, the Klingon Eye patch (attached to the eye socket with bolts like General Chang's) now has the forehead/eyebrow part of the head protruding through it, this isn't fixed by adjusting the specific sliders for those head options either.

Image reference; Klingon Academy Boots:

Klingon_academy.jpg

Klingon Eye patch:

Doran.png
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    -Yes, the Mercenary uppers will be equippable on Boffs.
    -The "DO NOT USE" issue will be fixed
    -Some have reported that certain helmets were lacking the underlying neck geometry - this has also been resolved with a coming update.
    -Regarding the Miner Shirt and clipping - the fix hasn't hit the servers yet. It should soon.
    -Some have reported that certain helmets were lacking the underlying neck geometry - this has also been resolved with a coming update.
    -Regarding the Miner Shirt and clipping - the fix hasn't hit the servers yet. It should soon.

Thanks for the update. Any word on when Klingon/Liberated Borg Klingon ridge jewelry will be made available for those who picked up the Kelvin Timeline Klingon Regalia pack?
    Tacofangs says it's a bug and will be fixed as of 7 days ago, but not seeing an ETA, or seeing it listed on the 'Known Issues'.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    edited July 2016

great...now if we could just get a fix for the invisi-floaters when wearing a first-gen swimsuit (aka the neoprene trunks), that would make things just perfect​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    I guess this would be a good place to mention a persistent bug I've noticed with the Herald costume.

If a character is wearing the helmet of the Herald costume, and you click on that character, hi-lighting them, the textures on the helmet disappear. This has been happening moreorless since it was introduced, but it's not something you notice unless you highlight another player/character wearing it.
  • starmada1starmada1 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The Voth costume top clips on both my female Starflet human and female KDF aligned Romulan aliengen characters.

Also, not sure it it fits in this thread, but my back mounted tsunkatse falchion anmation shows it being drawn from the hip, not from the back.
    Post edited by starmada1 on
    This isn't an issue, but rather a question about the tailor itself: We've got Bulk and Physique sliders for some species in the Foundry costume editor now. They're pretty nice for quickly changing a character's body proportions, will these be coming to the player tailor?
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Some issues I have seen lately...

The Ranger badges are not available on all 23 century uniforms.

Some characters using the 23rd century loose female top cannot have their rank insignia put above Lt JG.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    A list of the uniforms affected would be nice, and whether the issue is with your character or specific bridge officers.

---

That slight unsightliness with the female 23rd Century Romulan uniform I pointed out quite a while back is still present:
    There's now a thin gap between the female TOS Romulan top and skirt. I haven't used this outfit in a while but I'm guessing it happened after the recent improvements to female character models:

Screencap

It's not as noticeable in that screen cap as it is in-game while the character is in motion, unfortunately, but you can still see through it.

[...]

The issue is with the TOS top, not the skirt, my mistake. If you switch a character using it to pants, there is still a visible gap, but if you switch tops, it goes away.

I normally don't like to press issues, but now that there are 23rd Century Romulan NPCs (and disguises), it is also visible on them.

Also, could the Romulan helmets be made available to female characters now that there are female NPCs wearing them?

How about some palette additions so we can color match the NPCs, they get such vibrant colors compared to the player palette :)
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    voth light soldier outfit. clips on arm, sides of chest, back, armpits http://i.imgur.com/LkrzVFS.jpg

hirogen hunter armor/outfit unlock. the boots scretch toward a middle point http://i.imgur.com/u6DbeXJ.jpg

also the miner top's clip for both male and female seeing as the fix mentioned is only female thought i'd mention that.

terran empire leeta's outfit (i really dont remember it's name) the outfit on caitian's has a different fur texture on the legs then correctly on the torso, they dont even come close to matching, similar to the old ferasan bikini's fur not matching in colour or fur texture now fixed
    http://i.imgur.com/nc881jj.jpg

the shorts also have part of the lower body section fur go above the top of the shorts easy to see here http://i.imgur.com/NrOMWKh.jpg this causes t-shirt like tops to stop above the shorts leaveing an odd gap of fur then shorts and stocking/tights to just pass through

these pictures are just demonstration photos of the issues
    Post edited by loverofwars on
  • xanthestarxanthestar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Has it been reported that the Romulan female hair colors are now reverted to the alien female hair color? It doesn't seem like a biiiig deal, but my character's hair color has vanished from the palette because of it. I can post screencaps once I download the new patch, but as a roleplayer it's really bugging me. :(
  • xanthestarxanthestar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Here's the issue I talked about above ^

LmjE0lC.png

My Romulan's old hair color, before the most recent expansion, is on the left. Now if I go to edit her outfits it switches automatically to the closest color to it - the right picture. I think the Romulan women have switched to the alien hair palette, because her previous hair color is missing. :(
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Okay, I spent a lot of time digging around on KDF tailor options with the recent patch. First, greatly appreciate some of the TOS Klingon uniform options added and TOS Gorn head option.

My Gorn TAC Captain with TOS head option, Bortasqu' uniform items, TOS lower, TOS L/R mesh for upper arm.
    8LWveeM.jpg
    My Male Klingon SCI Captain for full TOS look. Has access to "Humanoid" head option for going with a ridgeless, TOS look.
    4AZF4hq.jpg
    A regular Female Klingon BOFF for full TOS look.
    OamBHzQ.jpg

However, I noticed some discrepancies, inconsistencies.

Males: L & R Arm, Mesh Sleeve for males clips towards the arm & shoulder area.

Females: L & R Arm Mesh Sleeve can't change color.

Liberated Borg BOFF (Female Klingon Lib Borg from loooonnngg ago): No TOS Klingon / "Humanoid" head option like the Regular Female Klingons get, for the TOS style, ridgeless look.

TOS Klingon Badges: "Klingon Insignia" and "Klingon Dagger" are wildly inconsistent to show up. For example:
    - Klingon Insignia, my Klingons are not able to get it but my Gorn captain does on wearing Bortasqu' Long. Option for it disappears if using 23rd cent upper.

- Klingon Dagger for the females inconsistently shows up as an option. My female Orions can but female Klingons can't for part of the TOS uniforms.
    ---
    Lastly some requests:

1. Any chance for females to get the mesh for the full length of the arm? Like in this picture.
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/0/0b/Klingon_3_variants.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081213040330&path-prefix=en

2. There are devices that are worn by characters like Kor, any way we can attain those for use?
    zP2WvPl.jpg

XzRTofz.gif
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Also noticed that none of the beards join with the new Uppercut hairstyle at the sides.
    XzRTofz.gif
    Aww, I reported the issue with the female Mesh Sleeve not being able to be colored while these were on Tribble, shame it didn't get fixed before going live. I suspect the reason we're limited to mesh on the upper arms is to minimize clipping at the elbow--I can't think of any outfit in STO with padded sleeves.

Thank you so much for getting these uniforms to us! There's way more variety than I expected here, and they make such a good basis for new outfits :)
    I've noticed a bit of a problem since the 'slimming down' of KDF shoulder pads and gauntlets - with them pulled in closer to the body, they clip on folds and ridges in outfit pieces they previously did not, such as the Klingon Standard Issue top. Noticed this tonight on a Talaxian BOff when I went in to check some settings that his Wrist Attach Gauntlet 01's (Left and Right) were clipping with the sleeves of the Uniform - Loose - Klingon Standard Issue top where they hadn't been doing so before.