Kelvin Uniform Giveaway

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    UtbhAJP.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    giphy.gif
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    I take it folks saw the Caitian? ... Think that means they might put them in the C-Store again for TOS faction?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2016
    Very cool! Thanks in advance for the free stuff!
    nikeix wrote: »
    Guess I'm going to miss it, since I'll be at Comic Con all that week - like every other fan attending the big TV series reveal & ST:Beyond public showing event.

Not exactly brilliant timing for my purposes, but whatever.

Would it be possible to come up with a redemption code for people who are unable to claim the uniform from the C-Store during the promotional period?
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    As long as we get some more melee weapons I don't care if its Kelvin ones. Dagger next plz.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    gradii wrote: »
    As long as we get some more melee weapons I don't care if its Kelvin ones. Dagger next plz.

Where's Sulu's sword?​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »

Where's Sulu's sword?

oh, soooooo many dirty jokes i could make for that statement with the revelation of sulu being g.ay...but i won't, because i don't want trendy smacking me with a newspaper​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Where's @crashdragon ? Someone needs to say "Too bad it's not canon" :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Crash's head may have exploded?
  • zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User

<warning, humor ahead, if you don't do humor talk to your human captain>Too bad it's not canon and the only version that's canon is the first TOS episode they didn't air and anyone who disagrees with me is a troll!!!!!!!!!!</you asked for it> :p
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    *Boo hiss Cryptic sucks! Boo hiss Cryptic is evil!*

I love how everyone who hates Cryptic is slowly getting there argument pulled out from under them. They give us new content, free uniforms, even a Easter egg in a mission! I think they are truly making this game great!

Definitely picking up this uniform when I get home!

Out of curiosity, will it be available after today for purchase in the C-store, and is the uniform claim account wide?​​

Which Easter Egg? :o

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    *Boo hiss Cryptic sucks! Boo hiss Cryptic is evil!*

I love how everyone who hates Cryptic is slowly getting there argument pulled out from under them. They give us new content, free uniforms, even a Easter egg in a mission! I think they are truly making this game great!

Definitely picking up this uniform when I get home!

Out of curiosity, will it be available after today for purchase in the C-store, and is the uniform claim account wide?

Which Easter Egg? :o

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1218520/thank-you-cryptic-for-the-kelvin-timeline-tribble​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Oh god yes. My lens flare Kelvin collection is slowly growing. Need more of it!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Hey Trendy or any member of the team that's available,
    could you confirm or deny future ships for those who are asking in the General Discussion? From what I read, it seems more like the ships are already in the game, but I think that a lot of people would prefer a direct answer addressing it.

Also, there's absolutely no harm in giving away a kelvin class science vessel with a 26th Century inspired variant.

- I take that back. Someone will complain regardless.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    even a Easter egg in a mission!​​

To what are you referring here?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade

I'll say it. The JJverse films aren't canon, they're nothing but officially licensed fanfiction in which everything looks wrong and nothing works quite like what it's supposed to. THEY REDID AN ENTIRE RACE FOR FSM'S SAKE! That shouldn't happen because some ship went back in time 250 years or however long it was
    bridges.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    You're doing it wrong Cryptic. You're supposed to be desperately reaching for the money in our wallets, not giving out NEW stuff for free. Who seriously thought this was a good idea? Fire that person immediately. :p
  • ravenmind1ravenmind1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Sweet, thank you Devs!!
    edited July 2016
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    ...Maybe they listened to people who complained they missed previous giveaways because of short notice or something? ...
    EDIT - just seen Trendy's post. Makes sense given previous moaning that I mentioned! Good move

Agreed. I totally missed the pink hoverboard giveaway. Everybody had one & I had to ask where they got it. Soooo disappointed, considering it's a great board & I've been in to Back to the Future since I saw the first one in theaters.. Especially disappointing considering I check the news just about every day and can't recall seeing it anywhere. Blind? Stupid? I'm probably half of both. lol
    nikeix wrote: »
    Guess I'm going to miss it, since I'll be at Comic Con all that week - like every other fan...

Except those of us who can't afford the tickets a year or two in advance.. lol Comic Con is crazy expensive!

hypl wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong Cryptic. You're supposed to be desperately reaching for the money in our wallets, not giving out NEW stuff for free. Who seriously thought this was a good idea? Fire that person immediately. :p

Uh, they've already done that quite well. Just dropped $150 to get the Temporal Agent pack & now they pop the Lifetime Subscription sale! Jeez people, give me a couple paychecks in between big stuff! lol
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Free uniform? Okay, thanks.

The fact that it's from the KT doesn't bother me in the least. The KT movies may not be my favorite or the best example of the "heart of Trek", but they are enjoyable for what they are.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    edited July 2016
    hypl wrote: »

Uh, they've already done that quite well. Just dropped $150 to get the Temporal Agent pack & now they pop the Lifetime Subscription sale! Jeez people, give me a couple paychecks in between big stuff! Are you trying to meet end of quarter sales metrics or something?!? lol

iamynaught wrote: »
    ...The KT movies may not be my favorite or the best example of the "heart of Trek", but they are enjoyable for what they are.
    Totally agree.
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    rtk142 wrote: »

I'll say it. The JJverse films aren't canon, they're nothing but officially licensed fanfiction in which everything looks wrong and nothing works quite like what it's supposed to. THEY REDID AN ENTIRE RACE FOR FSM'S SAKE! That shouldn't happen because some ship went back in time 250 years or however long it was

Because the change in Klingons from TOS to TMP had a well laid out story to incorporate why they changed.
    scarling wrote: »

Because the change in Klingons from TOS to TMP had a well laid out story to incorporate why they changed.

That doesn't count because shut up that's why.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    That doesn't count because shut up that's why.​​
    I could make a list. :pensive:

No idea what I'll do with this but it looks nifty.:)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

All I'm saying is a ship going back in time 250 years and destroying another ship doesn't cause a race to go from M'Ress to those girls. If they give a valid reason why Caitains changed from M'Ress to those girls, that's fine, even if it does take awhile like with Klingons. But they just don't care about what's come before. They want to do things their way and to hell with everything else. When DS9 and Enterprise dealt with TOS era stuff, they didn't totally change things to look more modern because they could. They respected what was established. NimoySpock's presence in Into Darkness shows it's a Back to the Future 2esque timeline skew.
    bridges.jpg
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    So does "new Kelvin Timeline Ships" refer to the existing lockbox ships or will we get Kelvin ships in the c-store? Kelvn Class, Narada, Jellyfish?
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic, I've got to make a mirror version of this costume when I get it
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius