test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Uniform Giveaway

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
This year marks the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, and we’ll be celebrating the occasion in a number of ways!

Best of all, the Kelvin Admiral’s Uniform will be given out for free!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Ah this is good news. I already have the Kelvin Timeline Klingon and Starfleet uniforms. I was hoping for something laike that. And the Cadet uniform as well. Just too bad that the Enterprise and D4 had to be lockbox ships. I would have bought them in the C-store.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Yay! I was wondering if my female temporal agent was gonna have to go stripe-less forever.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    tumblr_m7ym5yDLxf1qiyde3.gif

Thank you!!!!!!
    SP9Pu.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

minions-quotes.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'd rather have the Kelvin service alphas :(

I'll take what I can get though :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    *Boo hiss Cryptic sucks! Boo hiss Cryptic is evil!*

I love how everyone who hates Cryptic is slowly getting there argument pulled out from under them. They give us new content, free uniforms, even a Easter egg in a mission! I think they are truly making this game great!

Definitely picking up this uniform when I get home!

Out of curiosity, will it be available after today for purchase in the C-store, and is the uniform claim account wide?​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    A little odd this was announced a week early... nice Beyond tie-in, though.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited July 2016

I love how everyone who hates Cryptic is slowly getting there argument pulled out from under them. They give us new content, free uniforms, even a Easter egg in a mission! I think they are truly making this game great!

Out of curiosity, will it be available after today for purchase in the C-store, and is the uniform claim account wide?​​

Not till next Thursday the 21st of July.

And so far, pretty much all of the items in the Free Promotions have been Account Wide.
    (though most are only claimable ONCE on each toon)
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    This is very nice indeed. But isn't the news article a little early if the giveaway isn't until next weekend?​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Time to suit up
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    i'm woundering what kelvin timeline ship is gonna make it to the C-Store... honestly... still annoyed with how they did the vengence and the connie... I can understand the connie honestly though...
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
    edited July 2016
    This is very nice indeed. But isn't the news article a little early if the giveaway isn't until next weekend?​​

Maybe They are trying to build up some Good PR, since the forums seem to be a bit whinier than usual?

Wait..., is that possible... ??

<chuckle>
    B)
  • zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

And so far, pretty much all of the items in the Free Promotions have been Account Wide.
    B)

*Boo Hiss they didn't give it to us today and my character is an admiral!!!!!!!!!*

Thanks guys, look forward to it. :)
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,993 Arc User
    "From 9 am on 7/21 until 10 am on 7/25..."
    You're telling us a whole week ahead of time? Usually, we find out the day before!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    zorander6 wrote: »

B)

*Boo Hiss they didn't give it to us today and my character is an admiral!!!!!!!!!*

Welp, you'll just have to demote that toon and wait till next week to Re-promote him/her.
    <snicker>
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    Thanks for the uniform, Cryptic. It looks really nice.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    XPdm4lK.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    This is very nice indeed. But isn't the news article a little early if the giveaway isn't until next weekend?

Maybe They are trying to build up some Good PR, since the forums seem to be a bit whinier than usual?

Wait..., is that possible... ??

<chuckle>
    B)

We've crossed with the Kelvin Timeline... anything is possible now. vQTD03D.png
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited July 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    XPdm4lK.gif​​

^^ This is why we have to wait to get nice things...

7fa02ccea3bf7f2d37a8ca1c5b67947f.jpg

Yay! I was wondering if my female temporal agent was gonna have to go stripe-less forever.

I thought your temporal agent was Carol Marcus, then I had to re-read your post.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited July 2016
    iconians wrote: »

I thought your temporal agent was Carol Marcus, then I had to re-read your post.​​

I don't see any Stripes...

star-trek-lg.jpg

Do you?

B)
  • zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User

B)

Welp, you'll just have to demote that toon and wait till next week to Re-promote him/her.
    <snicker>

I talked to Admiral Quinn about it and he just started talking about honor and the glory of the empire. Thankfully I have a planet I need to raid for materials. :p

B)

<snicker>

I talked to Admiral Quinn about it and he just started talking about honor and the glory of the empire. Thankfully I have a planet I need to raid for materials. :p

Watch out for the D'k tahg he keeps hidden in his desk.
    B)
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User

Giving some nice advance notice. :)
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Guess I'm going to miss it, since I'll be at Comic Con all that week - like every other fan attending the big TV series reveal & ST:Beyond public showing event.

Not exactly brilliant timing for my purposes, but whatever.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    Thanks devs!
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Guess I'm going to miss it, since I'll be at Comic Con all that week - like every other fan attending the big TV series reveal & ST:Beyond public showing event.

Not exactly brilliant timing for my purposes, but whatever.

you still have time to go out, buy an external hard drive, move STO over to it and take it with you, since these con things are always held at hotels which have internet access up the wazoo

or if you have a laptop, just bring that​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Nice. Thanks Cryptic.

Odd its announced a week in advance. Not a complaint though, just unusual. Maybe they listened to people who complained they missed previous giveaways because of short notice or something?

Makes no difference to me. Thanks again Cryptic

EDIT - just seen Trendy's post. Makes sense given previous moaning that I mentioned! Good move
    yjkZSeM.gif
    This is very nice indeed. But isn't the news article a little early if the giveaway isn't until next weekend?

Giving some nice advance notice. :)

So you were bored and had nothing else planned for the day.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2016

More Kelvin!!!
    20151113-super-excited.gif