test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hit Vice Admiral ... Fastest Way to Level Up to 60?

The brick wall is real, and I cannot imagine it without the server-side XP boost. What is the fastest way to level up to 60 from here? I've been doing admiralty missions which give tons of XP but the vessels take forever to get back out of maintenance. Regular episode missions are now giving about 22K XP each which is a drop in the bucket for what is needed. Duty officer missions are in the mere hundreds of XP each. Red alerts only give me about 9k XP apiece. Not sure if there is a means of power-leveling to 60 in a jiff but if there is I would love to hear it!

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    do everything your doing now, and maybe start working on reps. not related to power leveling but it gonnna take you a minute to get to 60 anyway. sp may as well start em.

some else will tell you best bits of doffing to do for exp.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    If anything, i think leveling up too fast isn't necessarily good. It happened to me on Neverwinter, as i had created my first character during a bonus XP event. As a result, i rocketed through the low-level content, being regularly forced to quest in regions that were 10-20 levels below my own level, and all in all failing to really enjoy the challenge. As of now, i am lvl67, probably under-geared and not really sure where i am headed, especially with the ton of new content that was added during my absence.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    This is why I waited until the xp event to level my TOS toon, I'm level 29 and haven't reached the dividian arc yet.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • mtcasonmtcason Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I hit 53 just before the server went down and I'm at the Coliseum mission in the Romulan episode arc. Which is listed for Captain (30). But I have to admit, getting a bit impatient to hit Fleet Admiral and be able to field multiple ships at a time. I imagine that will help immensely with the remaining episodes.
    mtcason wrote: »
    I hit 53 just before the server went down and I'm at the Coliseum mission in the Romulan episode arc. Which is listed for Captain (30). But I have to admit, getting a bit impatient to hit Fleet Admiral and be able to field multiple ships at a time. I imagine that will help immensely with the remaining episodes.

wait, what? you can only use one ship at a time. rank doesn't affect that...

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    Doesn't Fleet Admiral allow you to field multiple ships at once?
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Well, at least STO has the merit to scale-up the area's level with your toon's level, so you don't end up single-handedly decimating entire hordes of mobs... Neverwinter, on the contrary, does not seem to include this game mechanic. As a result, the interest of re-visiting game zones below your level is minimal.

no. the use old ships thing is admiralty. they thought about a few times but never did it.

What you are describing is exactly what I think admiralty SHOULD have been. But to answer your question, no, the only way to do something similar is to use a carrier with frigate pets, or a ship with a separation console.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    nightken wrote: »

no. the use old ships thing is admiralty. they thought about a few times but never did it.

Well that's disappointing. Could have sworn I saw videos on YouTube of people with multiple ships out at once in missions. So outside of getting a level up for my T6 ships there's really nothing to look forward to at 60?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    What brick wall? Hell my AoY character is level 60 and still 2 patrols and 3 episodes from finishing Delta. There is no brick wall. Just play through the episodes. You have to any way to get all the AoY rewards, if you're an AoY character.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

Well that's disappointing. Could have sworn I saw videos on YouTube of people with multiple ships out at once in missions. So outside of getting a level up for my T6 ships there's really nothing to look forward to at 60?

nope, though if you fly a carrier, get the command spec trait, and a science character you can summon alot of pet to look/feel like your leading a fleet. there are also two devices which summon a few pets for a minute. the Nimbus Pirate Distress Call from the wasteland mission, installation 18 and the Delta Alliance Reinforcements Beacon from broken circle in the iconian war arc

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

nope, though if you fly a carrier, get the command spec trait, and a science character you can summon alot of pet to look/feel like your leading a fleet. there are also two devices which summon a few pets for a minute. the Nimbus Pirate Distress Call from the wasteland mission, installation 18 and the Delta Alliance Reinforcements Beacon from broken circle in the iconian war arc

Don't forget the summon fleet support ability as well.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »

well I thought that was implied when I mentioned the command spec trait, but just in case they would have missed it, thank you for bring it up.

What brick wall? Hell my AoY character is level 60 and still 2 patrols and 3 episodes from finishing Delta. There is no brick wall. Just play through the episodes. You have to any way to get all the AoY rewards, if you're an AoY character.

The rise in XP between levels is significantly more than the increase in episode mission XP payout, though. This is an AoY character, yep, but I find it slowing considerably between levels and can only imagine how that 750k chasm between 55 and 60 will be overcome.

Have found that and the Nimbus Pirate summon invaluable!
    edited July 2016

The rise in XP between levels is significantly more than the increase in episode mission XP payout, though. This is an AoY character, yep, but I find it slowing considerably between levels and can only imagine how that 750k chasm between 55 and 60 will be overcome.

it'll be easy just do all the episodes you'll be 60 by the time your done. you just will not be about to do it in a day like to 50. I have a character who hasn't finish delta yet and he's 59.

• shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Flying a command battlecruiser (for deployable platforms and fighter/frigate pets)...
    ... on a sci toon (for Photonic Fleet)
    ... with Command specialization active (so you can call Fleet Support without being below 50% health)
    ... and with Delta or Nimbus Pirate beacons active...
    ... and, what the heck, use the Scorpion Fighters device from "The Vault" to put some of those guys in the air too....

... it is possible to get a fair number of friendly ships flying around your immediate vicinity. (Anything I've missed out?)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    Just get to level 52 and do the admiralty system. Some missions on a crit will yield 10k XP - of course it helps to have lots of ship slots and high level ships in your inventory. Both cost Zen. But if not there are some cheap mirror ships on the exchange.
    shevet wrote: »
    Flying a command battlecruiser (for deployable platforms and fighter/frigate pets)...
    ... with Command specialization active (so you can call Fleet Support without being below 50% health)
    ... and, what the heck, use the Scorpion Fighters device from "The Vault" to put some of those guys in the air too....

... it is possible to get a fair number of friendly ships flying around your immediate vicinity. (Anything I've missed out?)

consumable deployable turrets. but those are terrible anyway.

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,265 Arc User
    The brick wall is real, and I cannot imagine it without the server-side XP boost. What is the fastest way to level up to 60 from here? I've been doing admiralty missions which give tons of XP but the vessels take forever to get back out of maintenance. Regular episode missions are now giving about 22K XP each which is a drop in the bucket for what is needed. Duty officer missions are in the mere hundreds of XP each. Red alerts only give me about 9k XP apiece. Not sure if there is a means of power-leveling to 60 in a jiff but if there is I would love to hear it!

Why do you want to level up faster for? If you are doing the temporal recruit you ONLY get "bonus" only for doing most of the content including reps. Leveling only helps if you just want to do end game stuff. Don't most people want the "bonus" that brings the recruiting event?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    The old brick wall from Delta Rising is mostly gone. For starters, the brick wall was mostly punishing to characters already at level 50 before Delta Rising. New characters made were usually at level 54 by the time they started the Delta Quadrant story arc. Now, they've added more missions and lowered the level requirement on other missions so that you can progress to level 60 more fluidly.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User

Yes it goes up. Do the missions if you want. Some I just don't like. Invest in the Admiralty system - it gives massive xp 3-10k per mission for most missions. It is also something that you can slot and have it running while away from the game or doing other content. Start working on the reps. My new AOy toon is at 54 - and 9 something reps all at zero is a daunting thing. Yes I am sponsoring each so that it is 5k per daily, but 9 reps? That is hard to swallow. Especially as many Q's are dead for some of the reps.

I prefer the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier myself, finally grabbed it last night. Used it to get my Breen boff, and let me tell you nothing make you feel more like an admiral than flying a massive ship in formation with four Jem'Hadar Attack Ships. I don't know if I'll ever fly my JHSS again ...

Unfortunately that particular setup is extremely expensive, as it requires both a lobi ship (dreadnought), AND a super rare reward pack ship (JHAS/JHSS).
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • baronvlad#7057 baronvlad Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    If anything, i think leveling up too fast isn't necessarily good. It happened to me on Neverwinter, as i had created my first character during a bonus XP event. As a result, i rocketed through the low-level content, being regularly forced to quest in regions that were 10-20 levels below my own level, and all in all failing to really enjoy the challenge. As of now, i am lvl67, probably under-geared and not really sure where i am headed, especially with the ton of new content that was added during my absence.

Since PWE took over this game is designed to level up fast playing regular content. I consistently hit level 50 while my characters before they go to Nimbus and by the time I finish the level 50 content I'm halfway up to 60.
  • saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User

What happened to that? I remember reading about that becoming an option before I took a break about a year ago and since coming back, haven't seen any option to send my spare ships on missions.

edited July 2016

I prefer the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier myself, finally grabbed it last night. Used it to get my Breen boff, and let me tell you nothing make you feel more like an admiral than flying a massive ship in formation with four Jem'Hadar Attack Ships. I don't know if I'll ever fly my JHSS again ...

Unfortunately that particular setup is extremely expensive, as it requires both a lobi ship (dreadnought), AND a super rare reward pack ship (JHAS/JHSS).

breen carrier is pretty good for that... actually any carrier with the right pet can be a poor man version.
    saladinbob wrote: »

What happened to that? I remember reading about that becoming an option before I took a break about a year ago and since coming back, haven't seen any option to send my spare ships on missions.

we got admiralty instead.

• irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    That's one of those "we're looking into the possibility......" things that ends up being banded about as "but you promised us X" every time someone wants to bash the Devs. And then folk wonder why they don't talk about game development much anymore.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    My AoY is currently level 45 at the start of the Romulan Mystery story arc. Hopefully I have enough time to get to level 55 over the weekend. I have to admit though that I am not very fond of the later missions in the Cardassian Struggle story arc.
  • saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    saladinbob wrote: »

we got admiralty instead.
    [/quote]

What's that supposed to mean?