test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to change UI of 23ce Toon - NOT THE COLOR.

I just "finished" the 23ce Temporal Agent story line (only did 3 missions), and ended up on the modern ESD.
As soon as I made my new toon, I had to reconfigure all my keys, and load my UI (window placement), and finally change the UI color. No way to disable the grain effect, but at least the TA story line was really short, and is gone now that I'm in the 24th ce.

So how do I change the UI to be 24th ce?
Yes the colors are changeable, but the UI sounds, UI buttons, Toon Communicator, Toon Transporter effect, Ship and Boff Ranks are all old TOS, and quite frankly unbearable. I only tolerated it to get threw the 23ce, in hopes it would change over to the standard UI once I got to ESD. Just the colors is not enough.

And how can I change the Loading and login screen from the junk TOS TRIBBLE, back to one of the other ones?
And every entry into ESD space, prompts the "Welcome to Sol System!" like I'm some chump Romulan.

I don't remember the Delta toons having a totally separate UI, and hope Cryptic will put in a toggle for 23rd UI and 24th UI, cause I don't see anyway to change it.

Comments

• flumfflumf Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    You don't change it.
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    well TRIBBLE, figures.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    You don't, you're a TOS captain only pretending to be modern Federation.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Wow, what is with the people on the forums today? I feel like I'm stuck in a sequel to Idiocracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcRS5eUpwk
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    The biggest issue is some of the sounds in the duty officer menus they are just ear wretching.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Your only option is to pray Cryptic develops a race change mechanic, and then race change to the 25th century version of your character's race.

That or you could delete them and make a 25th century fed with the same name.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Just chant the mantra: "The rewards are worth it...The rewards are worth it...."
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Pretending for a moment this is all legit - I am afraid you will have to either abandon the character or endure it. The UI sounds are part of what makes the character a TOS character.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    301733965-lovethem-minions-wtf-Favim_com-917060.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    ...Why even make one if you have no interest in them and wish to change everything about them?...​​

because of the rewards for my main toon, that's why.

And yea looks like I will have to "Just chant the mantra: "The rewards are worth it...The rewards are worth it....""
    If I can tolerate it that long, *looks at Temporal Rewards to see exactly how much torture work it will be.

• captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I love the 23 c sounds and colors. I almost wish we had big jewel buttons. When you play as Romulan or KDF, you have different sounds and looks too. You have to realize you're a 23c faction.
  • dellindellin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Is there a way to turn off the film grain type effect though? I like the rest, but the film grain effect can bug me a little if I play long enough.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    dellin wrote: »
    Is there a way to turn off the film grain type effect though? I like the rest, but the film grain effect can bug me a little if I play long enough.
    It's only in the 23rd century episodes. The film grain is a mission map effect.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    dellin wrote: »
    It's only in the 23rd century episodes. The film grain is a mission map effect.

and needs to die
  • sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    Yes the colors are changeable, but the UI sounds, UI buttons, Toon Communicator, Toon Transporter effect, Ship and Boff Ranks are all old TOS, and quite frankly unbearable.
    The sounds are the best part. The 24th/25th Century are all so...polite with their soft tone(you can't even call them a proper beep for God's sake). Whereas the TOS computers are just heavy duty, every button not only has a proper beep or buzz, but you can hear the fracking relay cycle. I love it!
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    and needs to diebe available as an option for other maps

FTFY
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    My biggest problem with the TOS interface sounds are those of the communicator beep since I use that sound for the text alert on my phone. The number of times I've had to stop myself from reaching for my phone when that sound went off in game I tell you. Ah well, that's Pavlovian conditioning for you XD.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I love the 23 c sounds and colors. I almost wish we had big jewel buttons. When you play as Romulan or KDF, you have different sounds and looks too. You have to realize you're a 23c faction.
    I remember a thread where someone complained about how the Romulan inventory window has edges that aren't perfectly square. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cyphexthekingcyphextheking Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I feel bit the same. even as a TOS-Character, you ARE in the 25th century, and flying 25th century ship.

An example. A Tos-Toon flying a t6-oddy. And if he use the ships transporter, this transporter have the effect of old tos ships?

Makes no sense..

In 25th century, the officers of starfleet wear modern communicators and using modern tricorders. And as TOS-Toon, you work together with other officers, but youself using the old stuff?

No sense...

Its same like, Marty McFly reached 2015, and using an old walkman while others playing with their i-phones.
    I guess, would marty stay in 2015, he also would get a smartphone and use it..

I respect that some/many peoples like the TOS-Era..

But please, allow us to change some things after reaching 25th century..

Give us an option to disable the things like:

- Old Tricorders
    - Communicator
    - Beam-effects
    - all refering sounds
    - and yes, the loading screens
    2ntadi4o8mmx.png
  • darkenviousdarkenvious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I love the 23rd century, the ships, the crew, the sounds etc all part of the TOS part I suppose
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I LOVE that my toon whips out her communicator and the old school gold transporter effect. I even had somone PM me asking how i did that
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    in the 23rd century it was obviously normal to Change Course when scanning...but I think I know why.
    When Kirk was "scanning" he wasn't scanning space, but the female officers on the Bridge - and being distracted he accidently Change the Course of his ship.
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • skrapnelskrapnel Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I'm trying to figure out why the OP made a 23c toon if they do not like 23c toons.... It's like going to a bar and asking for a screwdriver but demanding it be made with cuban rum and coke instead of vodka and orangejuice. If you don't want 23c toon, then roll a regular fed.
    because of the rewards that's why. If I could do a normal fed tune but still get all the temporal agent rewards I would. But I see now it is a separate faction, hence the ESD popup and ESD "ESD welcomes all it's Romulan republic allies" when you beam on.
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Flipping out a communicator is way cooler than slapping your nipple. :D
    alonar wrote: »

HAHHAHALOLLOL, ouch my stomach, hahahhehheh.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    alonar wrote: »

Yeah, especially when I don't have any sort of a combadge there... Whether it's my "mirror" uniform(s) with the badge over the other breast, or the plethora of badge-less choices (no, I don't keep a combadge on the inside pocket of my suit coat, TYVM...

My main practically demands to have the 23c "UI" / effects applied to him.

Would have probably re-rolled him as such if purchased Joined Trills were an option for AOY...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]