test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did you change uniform after Caleb

Comments

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I went Enterprise jumpsuit for now to be even more anachronistic​​
  • jasecurtisjasecurtis Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I went with the Kelvin version. I did have the Odyssey combadge for a while, but I've reverted to the regular Kelvin one.
    qGPf6Iq.jpg?1
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I changed at first but switched back to a TOS uniform after the first mission. I felt like I lost the TOS flavor and that my new guy had just become another standard Fed alt. Went back, put him and the crew back in TOS uniforms and got that flavor back. Will probably keep him in some variation of TOS stuff from now on.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I did create an Odyssey look, so the char can fit in on ESD, but pretty much still the golds of the Starfleet he entered, not the Starfleet he's in. :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    At first I made mine look like a Section 31 member. Now they all wear their 23c wear. I suppliment the rest of my crew with those I got from the Episode Replay rewards. Remen, Breen, Patatoman, Kobali, Jem'Hadar and Voth.

It's like Fellowship of the Ring up in here.
    giphy.gif
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I kept mine in TOS uniform as thats the only thing TOS about her after playing the 1st 10 episodes. I can't fly an endgame Miranda or a true Prime Universe Constitution to keep the feel. The TOS ships offered from the pack are ok but they are not the TOS i can relate to or have any attachment to. The TOS feel really ended for me after finishing the 1st 10 episodes. All that she is now is just another grinder for dilithium and r&d materials. Compared to the previous 2 expansions LOR and DR (DR did a lot of damage to the game with its changes to PvE) this TOS expansion feels half done and rushed in comparison.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Changed to 25th century or other
    When they suggested I change my uniform for Quinn, I told them where to stuff it. I mean, why would I give up the awesome look I created the character for just for the sake of the plot? No way! By the looks, most other people kept to the TOS theme also. But I've seen a few others who changed.

So, what did you have on when you left the tailor?

Whilst I do have a soft spot for the TOS uniform, I felt from the aspect of immersion I needed to go for my 25th century Fed uniforms I've designed on my other toons. If I knew how to take screenshots and post them I would show you: :p
    (I've tried printscreen and whatever other keus are suggested but, it just won't happen.)
  • undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I switched to TMP uniforms with the Connie refit at T2.

Plan to switch to TWOK uniforms with Excelsior and maybe Ambassador at T3.

Next Gen at T4 Galaxy, and FC with T5 Sovereign.

Then Odyssey the rest of the way.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I have a different uniform all my characters use as part of my headcanon, and my TOS captains swapped to that to blend in as suggested.
  • velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Changed, but tried to keep it similar in style. Ended up with (tried many variations before being happy with it) Antares 2, color scheme 2 and kept the ToS department colors (command gold etc.) Looks a bit like the ToS era long sleeve shirt, but 25c-appropriate.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16229638/screenshot_2016-07-12-21-23-05.jpg
    Post edited by velimattiala on
  • velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    I've tried printscreen and whatever other keus are suggested but, it just won't happen.

Try command /screenshot_jpg

Image should end up in x:\<where ever>\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    nadiezja wrote: »
    I grabbed the Wells uniform, since it's the good time traveller uniform. The temporal agency costume Daniels wears is godawful.

I like it, its a nice tidy futuristic jumpsuit.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I demand a third option!
    gradii wrote: »
    nadiezja wrote: »
    I grabbed the Wells uniform, since it's the good time traveller uniform. The temporal agency costume Daniels wears is godawful.

I like it, its a nice tidy futuristic jumpsuit.

Ugh, I can't stand that jumpsuit Daniels wears. It's horrible and should be burned.

However, that's just my opinion, others may have differing opinions, such as yourself. And that's fine too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I switched to TMP uniforms with the Connie refit at T2.

Plan to switch to TWOK uniforms with Excelsior and maybe Ambassador at T3.

Next Gen at T4 Galaxy, and FC with T5 Sovereign.

Then Odyssey the rest of the way.

I like your style.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    I demand a third option!
    Kept the 23c uniform initially, but swapped to an Odyssey Excursion variant (sort of proto-Wells look) since that character's using a Paladin-skinned Ranger now. Seems a little odd staying with the old gear on that one.

Will be making a second TOS character that'll stick with the 23c look and gear at some point.
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    I went with a heavily modified ToS uniform, among other uniforms.
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    Staying in it! Plus the whole blend in thing is 100% pointless. You still use TOS beam out and tricorder so you really can't blend even if you wanted to.
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    I demand a third option!
    First, I switched to a TOS dress uniform to amuse myself with the idea that my TOS toon had misunderstood the transporter chief's suggestion to change, then switched to Odyssey...

...for like two missions before deciding that, if I was going to pretend this experience was at all different than playing a fresh Fed toon (though I'm still on the first story arc), I'd have to put the TOS uniform back on. I have a 25th century BOff wearing an Odyssey, but everyone from the 23rd is dressed appropriately.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I changed to KT uniform which i still consider somehow TOS, just because i think it looks better.
    Using the KT Constitution with TOS texture and it looks awesome!

If Cryptics lazy writers can mix and twist everything without explaining, i can too ...only better (looking). :D
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • staticharge5347staticharge5347 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Sure did. According to history, I am dead. The old life died with me. Now I exist in the future/present. New tech, new toys, new wardrobe.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    So, when Daniels told me I was a special timecop who had to defend the timeline from timecrooks, I thought over-the-top cheese. Star Trek: Men in Black.

Section 31 outfits, everyone in dark shades, away team equipped with the wildest Voth/Elachi/Undine weapons available. Looking at the Phantom as end-game ship.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Retained a TOS uniform
    Not only did I NOT change to a 25th c. era uniform; I continue (and will continue) to just command 23c era ships, or ships that allow me to use the 23c. skin from a 23c. ship. TOS is my era dammit! ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Oh, I changed.

For the visit to Quinn's office.

Then I changed right back again.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Got the Kelvin uniforms. Nothing says badass like a blue sundress and a BFG.
    rh1Sd7Ql.jpg?1
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I couldn't bring myself to put my TOS characters into 25th century uniforms, so I created a "23rd Century Section 31, Division Temporal Agents" theme uniform. It's basically the TOS captains tunic, TOS skirt/pants (depending on gender), boots, and gloves--all black with a gold Temporal badge.

9QpqZEf.jpg
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    drazzii wrote: »
    I couldn't bring myself to put my TOS characters into 25th century uniforms, so I created a "23rd Century Section 31, Division Temporal Agents" theme uniform. It's basically the TOS captains tunic, TOS skirt/pants (depending on gender), boots, and gloves--all black with a gold Temporal badge.

9QpqZEf.jpg

EDIT: got ninja'd
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    That sounds pretty badass, got any screencaps?

Just uploaded one :smile:
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • madhabmaticsmadhabmatics Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I used the Andorian costume. Still using it!
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I kept my uniform and I just tell every NPC that I talked to that I am a "Cosplayer" and they kinda mumble a bit about how the standards for starfleet officers has declined under their breath and reluctantly continue on...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    I prefer my char t ovisibly carry the stuff he has. that means my girl looks like a tank.