test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most Difficult Reputation Marks to Earn?

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Since the introduction of the daily bonus marks, none of the mark types are in any way hard to come by.

When it comes to choice-boxes, I always just pick whatever mark type the character has the least of. Or the newest type, if I'm still working on it.
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I wouldn't ness say any of the marks are hard to earn. Some obviously can be farmed quicker than others. I do find earning Iconian, Temporal and Terran marks more difficult than others but thats simply preference due to not enjoying the content thats available that rewards them.
  • shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ltminns wrote: »
    Once you have done the Kobali Missions to the end you do the Replays. Right at Beam Down you can take the areas Portal to the Upper Hill Base and your there where you need to be. No across map running needed.

Nakura - do the Tholian Red Alert!! Romulan and Nakura Marks. 75 with Daily for Romulan and 65 same for Nakura. Plus 5 Fleet Marks.

I am amazed people dont know this, and with a strong enough build the entire Undine battlezone can be effectively soloed except the planet killers due to side objectives and timers.

While builds of this nature wont be prolific in this area, it can be done, out of 10 toons i have 1 who can do it.
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Iconian Resistance
    I wish the na'kuhl red alert stayed in, in some form - maybe random like the others. It was a nice way to get a daily of a chosen mark. Maybe also include Iconian this time and not the one that's the newest, for obvious reasons.

Hardest I find is the Iconian one. Not the way you obtain it, but the speed in which you can unlock the item you want. It could take days for a single piece if you're aiming for just dailies.
    giphy.gif
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Dyson Joint Command
    For me it's Dyson. I only like one of the ways to get them and no one else likes that way. So it's just boring for me to do that rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Terran Task Force
    In general, I haven't been interested in the Reputation System until recently. I've only managed to complete one, and only on my main character, but that's because I've been mostly ignoring the system. Now that I've completed one, I'm looking more closely at the system, especially with my AoY characters earning thousands of marks.

Temporal Defense Initiative: I haven't looked into this at all yet. I've been amassing Temporal marks for my new AoY characters via the temporal agent system, so I haven't been concerned about it.

Task Force Omega: I don't do task forces, so I've mostly ignored this. If there's a solo friendly way to get the marks (outside of events), I don't know about it yet.

Nukara Strikeforce: I don't like the Nukara missions. I can do them, but I don't like them. So I haven't been doing them.

New Romulus: I can do this. I just haven't gotten around to maxing it out yet. I'll get to it sooner or later.

Dyson Joint Command: Like the Nukara missions, I don't like the Dyson missions. I might work on them later, though. The setting is much nicer to look at than the Nukara setting.

8472 Counter-Command: I haven't looked into this at all yet.

Delta Alliance: I can do this, and I've completed it on my main character. This one is the easiest for me.

Iconian Resistance: I haven't looked into this at all yet.

Terran Task Force: I haven't looked into this at all yet. I voted for this as most difficult, but I could have voted for any of them that focus on task forces.

Dyson Joint Command
    Task Force Omega: I don't do task forces, so I've mostly ignored this. If there's a solo friendly way to get the marks (outside of events), I don't know about it yet.

The most popular PVE queues provide this rep. It will eventually be the one rep you max, continue to play and end up with more marks than you can spend. Without even consciously trying.
    Nukara Strikeforce: I don't like the Nukara missions. I can do them, but I don't like them. So I haven't been doing them.

New Romulus: I can do this. I just haven't gotten around to maxing it out yet. I'll get to it sooner or later.

Both of these you can max out easily through the Tholian Red alerts.000
    8472 Counter-Command: I haven't looked into this at all yet.

Delta Alliance: I can do this, and I've completed it on my main character. This one is the easiest for me.

Both of these are available through the Borg Disconnected space map.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Iconian Resistance
    Terran, just go to Badlands and keep grinding until you get very little. I really like Battlezones, because it's drop-in and out kind of gameplay that includes others without too much communication needed.

Dyson is quite easy, the first daily quest when you warp into the Dyson Sphere is the easiest to complete. Other than that, go to the Ground Battlezone to get some more.

8472 Counter-Command, go into the Dyson Sphere and go the Undine space battlezone and grind just like the Badlands.
    giphy.gif
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    8472 Counter-Command
    I think it's a tie between undine and terran marks for me, not so much because they are hard, just don't find any of the content for them particularly enjoyable, including the battlezones. The Terran battlezone however was also an eye sore, all the red was just bothersome on my eyes!
  • jasecurtisjasecurtis Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Historically it's not been getting the marks that's been the issue, it's getting things like Iconian data cores. Being able to turn in 100 marks in order to get them has helped, but you can only do that once a day.
    qGPf6Iq.jpg?1
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Iconian Resistance
    Bug hunt elite used to be interesting until it was reworked. Back then it also popped frequently while currently not even the advanced version goes forth.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited July 2016
    Terran Task Force
    The most popular PVE queues provide this rep [Omega]. It will eventually be the one rep you max, continue to play and end up with more marks than you can spend. Without even consciously trying.

Since I don't do task forces, no, it won't be the one rep I max. The one I've maxed is Delta. I can do Delta and Romulan pretty easily.

I have no idea what the Tholian Red Alert is like, but if it's like the old red alerts, I wouldn't be interested in doing it.
    Terran Task Force
    mirai222 wrote: »
    The most popular PVE queues provide this rep [Omega]. It will eventually be the one rep you max, continue to play and end up with more marks than you can spend. Without even consciously trying.

Since I don't do task forces, no, it won't be the one rep I max. The one I've maxed is Delta. I can do Delta and Romulan pretty easily.

I have no idea what the Tholian Red Alert is like, but if it's like the old red alerts, I wouldn't be interested in doing it. (My approach to the old red alerts if caught in them was to leave as quickly as possible.)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Delta Alliance
    For me, it was Delta. I really didn't like DR. But really any older content that is hard to find people doing. They either need to make all older content give any mark OR make older STFs soloable (having your 4 boffs command some of your other ships would be awesome) so people can get the old marks that most players don't care about anymore.
    Terran Task Force
    For me, it was Delta. I really didn't like DR. But really any older content that is hard to find people doing. They either need to make all older content give any mark OR make older STFs soloable (having your 4 boffs command some of your other ships would be awesome) so people can get the old marks that most players don't care about anymore.

There's a simple, soloable mission that shows up if you hang out near the sphere in the Delta Quadrant. I got plenty of marks that way.
    Dyson Joint Command

I have no idea what the Tholian Red Alert is like, but if it's like the old red alerts, I wouldn't be interested in doing it.

Infected Space map takes less than 3 minutes to complete. When you have like zero time but want to do something Trek and fly your ship, it's pretty much the best choice. You should try it.

The Tholian Red Alert is really just flying in a map and killing a bunch of Tholians. It also doesn't take much time.

So think of it this way ... to DO the rep grind, it takes less than 10 minutes of your time once per day. You can fit that into whatever else it is you are doing in game. You can knock out the Omega, Romulan and Nakura reps with this approach. If you add in Borg Disconnected (though that does have time gates and takes a good solid 10 to 15 minutes per) you can also just do this stuff and knock out Counter Command and Delta reps as well. I think Dyson too? With two PVE maps, and one red alert you can finish almost all of your reps in less than a half hour a day. So the "grind" isn't actually much of a grind. And you can then go about your Trek business.

Then, when you continue on your path to do whatever, and you end up having 5 minutes to kill, running an ISA can fill that time very quickly, very easily. And that's how you end up with 10,000 Omega marks and no real desire to transform them into dilithium or gear because you just stopped noticing it.

Infected Space is just a map. That's almost always open. And takes so little time that if you want to fill some time where you're not doing anything active or focused, you can hop in and do it. It's also the perfect test bed for changing your gear, traits, build and comparing the change.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The two Kobali Missions at the the end of the ground zone will let you pick up either two of the Iconian Data Cores or two of the Delta Ancient Power Cells. Two runs and you have 69 of each Mark type and two of each 'Elite Marks'. Less than fifteen to twenty minutes for two runs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User

You can do Borg Red Alerts for Omega marks if you don't like the queues. I think Defera ground also gives out the daily mark box too. One easy surface mission for the daily bonus should do it. That's how one of my buddies who dislikes the queues finished his Omega rep if I remember correctly.

The red alerts for both Borg and Tholian are straight forward. Warp in, shoot things, done. Don't need any special builds or anything since the enemies in there are all on normal setting. You will see other players in there, but it doesn't put you on a team with them. You don't even have to go with them or coordinate any tactics. Just shoot whatever you want and you will get the bonus box at the end. It's a good method for solo players like yourself.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited July 2016
    Terran Task Force
    lan451 wrote: »
    The red alerts for both Borg and Tholian are straight forward. Warp in, shoot things, done.

My experience in the past with red alerts has been: Warp in, get blown up over and over again until I escape or log out.

edited July 2016
    Terran Task Force
    The red alerts for both Borg and Tholian are straight forward. Warp in, shoot things, done.

My experience in the past with red alerts has been: Warp in, get blown up over and over again until I escape or log out.

• delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I find them all equally tedious, boring, or outright annoying tbh.

The STFs and BZs aren't difficult--many of them are even quite trivial, they're just not very interesting. And many of them are old AF. Running them over, and over, and over has made them infinitely less interesting over time, too.

And that's not even getting into the little annoyances most of them have--the jarring interruptions of the Borg Disconnected cutscenes, the shrill voice of Leeta and her inescapable cutscenes, the putrid ulginess known as the Badlands Battlezone that is only one step beyond the ugliness of the Undine Battlezone, the ridiculous TBRs from Mirror NPCs, the spam teleporting and complete bypassing of shields by the Temporal NPCs, trying to complete fragile interactions amidst BFAW spam, the broken record known as Daniels and that really lame looking Tox Uthat cutscene, Borg shield drain spam, Gateway of Gre'thor voice over spam, how entirely trivial Infected space and KS have become, etc.

The one I find least annoying and more interesting than most others is Undine Assault, but that one hardly ever pops, and only awards Fleet/Undine marks.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User

Fair enough. Fortunately this is a case where the power increase/creep will benefit you. Other players on the red alerts map are often stupidly powerful. To the point where I've warped in and got to shoot maybe 2-3 enemies before the other players smoked the entire map. Even though that happened, I still got my daily mark box for doing practically nothing. Red Alerts are typically over in a few minutes, maybe less. So the situation is now completely reversed from what you experienced in the past. It's a great time to get marks from them.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Task Force Omega
    Quite a few players have no interest in doing group content (I'm one of them), as a result Omega rep can be a nightmare to get marks for, it's basically the Defera ground map or wait for Summer/Winter event time and feed critters to the industrial blender.

Only just finished the Terran rep myself, the Badlands is a slideshow for me, so again it's event time and the industrial blender.​​

That was the Red Alerts of Yesteryear. Right now you are lucky if you have enough time to blow stuff up yourself. :)

'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Defera Ground is easy to do and you get Omega Marks as well as a decent load of Fleet Marks. You can also pick up one Borg Neural Processor a day for very little 'work'.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Terran and now Temporal for me. I really hate the Badlands battlezone, so I usually get them from event's.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    Iconian Resistance
    I would say advanced Omega and iconian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Iconian Resistance
    But in general it is not the marks which pose a problem, but the elite marks which are just an annoyance.

Elite marks should be removed from the scene.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • goliaas2goliaas2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Terran Task Force

the hardest part is terran reputation
    Mission selection is small and the battle zone gives low marks or no, that's dyson ground battle zone gives more
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    There should be equal ways to earn marks for each rep, offered for each style of gameplay.

Solo Missions
    Queues
    STFs
    Battlegrounds
    Etc.

This way people can earn whatever marks they need and choose to do it their way.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.