test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most Difficult Reputation Marks to Earn?

bawdytieflingbawdytiefling Member Posts: 58 Arc User
I'd like to spend the mark packages I've been receiving from advancing as a Temporal Agent on a reputation that is considered the most difficult to get marks to complete (so can finish it off more quickly and focus on reps that are easier to achieve). I've always run the TF gauntlets when reps were new, so there was never a problem getting in a queue to finish a TF, but, now that I'm running the TF gauntlet for reps that have come and gone, I'm not sure which the community considers the most difficult to complete. So, I was hoping to get feedback on which Reputation you think is the most difficult to earn marks for. Please consider the following in your choice:

1. # of TF options available to earn marks?
2. Difficulty/Annoyance factor of completing a TF?
3. Alternate means to earn the rep marks (Dyson battlezone, for example)?
4. Ease of finding a PUG to complete the marks (Borg TF continue to be popular, but others might be ghost towns).

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Most Difficult Reputation Marks to Earn? 87 votes

Temporal Defense Initiative
18%
sheldonlcooperdlmc85arliekkosseaofsorrowscaptiannemo117tunebreakergradiicrashdragonhevachraiggeshanksboysaber1973agnosis82shrimphead2015timonicusevilestkhan#0984 16 votes
Task Force Omega
3%
bejaymacricardo58officerbatman81 3 votes
Nukara Strikeforce
3%
crusader2007popovuklipucd1 3 votes
New Romulus
4%
duncanidaho11cearavtoadgoaderdrudgy 4 votes
Dyson Joint Command
3%
jonathanlonehawksnoggymack22jadz3 3 votes
8472 Counter-Command
9%
antonine3258kitsunesnoutioneondamainxhillard1959grayfoxjamesdaviesdaviesmikoto8472 8 votes
Delta Alliance
8%
ikonn#1068originalboodahdracounguismaristonboricua13thelordofshadesdavefenestrator 7 votes
Iconian Resistance
41%
aliensamonguspaladinwolf77garaks31originalspockmustrumridcully0questeriusnadiezjatigrovaya13akularattler2scarlinglordprotiusseriousdavedragnridrstonermkiisomtaawkhartera117doe#7909kyle223catoninotaki18conkav22lordinsane 36 votes
Terran Task Force
8%
kjwashingtonkodachikunomirai222peterconnorfirstbuljalarabsennahcheribgoliaas2 7 votes

Comments

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Can't really vote. I get most of my marks from events with free choice, play some STFs or related when I want to (and mostly only those I really want to), and otherwise fill up the lowest pile with my choice marks (which right now obviously is Temporal).

I would say, though, that Romulan, Omega and Nukara (in roughly this order) are the easiest to get during normal, non mark specific gameplay (Rom ground missions, you'll probably do the whole set only once but it'll be a good chunk, also you can always easily tag Nanev without having to wait; Red Alerts). Some other reps also get handed out in regular gameplay but way later in the mission progression, so depending on how religiously you play the missions instead of STFs or different it may take a while to get there.

It is also worth noting what you want because a single "must buy" is already something like 750 marks+5 elite (or plus 500 converted marks if you don't want to play advanced/only collect via events), like e. g. all my toons will get the Assimilated Subtranswarp engine for sector travel, not a problem, see above, but if you say "Nukara is nice to have, also traits, but I want the Terran set" - then Terran should be your go-to mark.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Delta Alliance
    Undine / Counter-Command and Terran are reasonable to get too since you can just play through their space battle zones to get both the regular marks and the "elite" ones needed for projects.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Iconian Resistance
    Iconian. Not necessarily difficult, but i find that the queues are not very interesting and the kobali ground zone is all the way in the DQ.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Delta Alliance
    questerius wrote: »
    Iconian. Not necessarily difficult, but i find that the queues are not very interesting and the kobali ground zone is all the way in the DQ.

Good point, you pretty much need to park a character there until you have what you need for a project.

(Thanks to the devs for listening to our cries of torment and adding the project to convert 100 regular marks to 1 elite. During events a Crystalline run is far less painful than hanging out in zombie town.)

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All the way in the Delta Quadrant? Either take the Transwarp directly there or go to the Dyson Sphere and magically arrive in the Delta Quadrant.

With the two new Queues, the former Na'kuhl Red Alert, or any of the 14 day Events (Mirror, Shuttle, Crystalline, Breach) you have your choice of all the Marks.

In fact, just by sitting by the Dyson Sphere, you may be able to run a Tholian Red Alert for Romulan and Nakura, go to the Dyson Ground or Space Battlezones for Dyson and Undine (Dyson Space Missions for the Daily too), go to the Delta Quadrant Kobali Ground Zone for Delta and Iconian, and Borg Red Alerts for Omega. Badlands for the win with Terran and Temporal. No STFs at all.

The last of my Delta Recruits to do Reputations just ended about three weeks ago doing all eight (at the time) at ONCE. Easier in that there was a Sponsorship involved. Not a problem
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Delta and Iconian are very easy. Just go to Kobali. 10 mins of work max for both dailies AND you get an elite mark.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Iconian Resistance
    Delta and Iconian are very easy. Just go to Kobali. 10 mins of work max for both dailies AND you get an elite mark.

Getting 65 marks for both reputations if you get the daily bonus, of course that is if the NPCs actually stop respawning long enough so that you can move without getting shot, kinda hard to do anything if you spend over an hour just clearing them out so you can do the objectives without getting interrupted every few seconds.

Doing an advanced queue can net you 130 marks for any reputation, assuming of course you can get one that others are even using.

Battle-zones are only an option if they are not a laggy, stop-motion nightmare, where just getting anywhere takes ages, which promptly rules the dyson ground zone right out. The undine one depends on how many people are in there, same as the kobali ground one and the terran battle-zone too.
    Dyson sphere zone doesn't give out more then 6 marks per mission, which then go onto a cooldown period, so isn't worth touching after the sphere tutorials.

Events, such as the mirror invasion and crystalline catastrophe, are the best way to get marks for reputations.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Temporal, Terran, and 8472 would be the worst. Since most of those you need to be in some kind of group. This is why I avoid those.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    To earn in large quantities? I'd say Iconian... It's not bad if you're just trying to fill your daily rep project as you can just go to Kobali Prime and do one of those easy missions as others have said, but if you're trying to earn enough marks for some rep gear it can get a little painful. Terran rep also kind of sucks as the only reliable method is in the badlands battlezone as the queues which reward terran marks don't pop much, at least not for me.
    Tza0PEl.png
    farmallm wrote: »
    Temporal, Terran, and 8472 would be the worst. Since most of those you need to be in some kind of group.
    No you dont. You can just go the battlezone and fight alongside the people there who also arent in a group.

That is still in a group. As you can't start and end it solo.

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Terran Task Force
    terran, I don't like the queues and I don't like the badland battlezone :p
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Omega, Romulan, Nukara and Dyson are the easiest.

I find Undine, Iconian and Delta to be the more difficult ones as you're limited to the daily and subsequent runs don't give much.

Terran is "ok" I suppose as you can do the badlands.. if you can stand it.

Temporal has been easy so far, 100 per ProV queue and then 40-60 subsequent runs.

But with the Na'kuhl Red Alert (which I really hope comes back soonish), it's not that bad to get any of the ones I said are more difficult.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I put Temporal, but Iconian are right up there too.

I only went with Temporal because I would rather slog through that horrid Badlands zone then Kobali Prime, even though Kobali is easier. All of the STF's associated with these marks are a total TRIBBLE fest.

They were all easy when the Na'hkul red alerts were available.. removing them, especially during the Temporal arc.. was stupid.

PUT THE TEMPORAL FRONT RED ALERT BACK!!
    Insert witty signature line here.
    If you like or don't mind Shuttles, the Shuttle Event is the best for Marks, and Atmospheric Assault is the best of them all. It is only a five player, so you are not waiting forever for 20 (especially bad for KDF). The Mark payout with Daily is around 270, and 215 without the Daily Bonus.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    No reputation is hard to farm at all. In between queued ground or space instances with varying difficulties to choose, battlezones, or even stuff like raising epohhs for Rom Rep, there's an easy means to make marks. Every now and then Cyrptic rolls out a mini event that you can choose your rewards.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    No reputation is hard to farm at all.

Very true, it would be more accurate to replace the word 'difficult' with 'annoying.'
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Terran Task Force
    I can’t include temporal into my vote because I haven’t tended to those marks yet. Under consideration of the account recruitment rewards we currently get as well as the option to get those marks over doff assignments on Risa (birds) I consider the whole new reput to be auto filled on all my 10 toons.

Hardest to get so far for me was terran. Reason is that I can’t sand Battle zones and the two related queues may be nice to do once or twice but don’t hold any chance to be included in the daily grind with fun routine of my fleet-mates and me. They are simply too miserably time gated and thereby kill all the fun. A map where the progression curve of a player has close to no influence is a just a bad map in my opinion.

Here is my advice how to get the marks best. Usually I separate into a “high-roller” option (one I would follow when in a good team) and a “slow-motion” one (which I do when on my own and on a weak build so don’t feel like pugging).

Borg:
    isA (high-roller); Borg ra (slow-motion) -> easiest rep. Don’t waste multiple choice marks!

Romulan:
    drsA/E (high-roller); Romulan patrol (slow-motion) -> drsA can give a huge amount of marks if the team is good, much more than elite; A patrol however gest the job done as well. I would not use multiple choice marks here, only if I’m short on gaming time.

Nukara:
    nttE/ccA (high-roller); ccN/A (slow-motion) -> just as easy as Borg. Don’t waste multiple choice marks!

Dyson Joint Command:
    NONE(high roller); do a task in sphere space (slow-motion) -> Queues are a pain to play. Some however like battle-zones. I’d use some multiple choice marks here unless you are a fan of battlezones.

8472 Counter-Command:
    Uaa (high-roller); NONE (slow motion). -> do uaa three times with 24h in between and the rep is done. It rewards massively. If you don’t have that option you might use multiple choice marks here.

Delta Alliance
    BHE (high roller); Delta arc patrol (slow motion) -> fair to get in whatever position you find urself in; I would not use multiple choice marks here.

Iconian Resistance
    BOTSE (high-roller); NONE (slow-motion) -> walk in a park when you are in a potent group. Terrible when you are on your own. Your choice of marks entirely.

Terran Task Force
    cpA/E atnA/E (high-roller); NONE (slow-motion) -> Hardest for me becuse so few I know like to run the queues, battle zone makes me sick and there is no alternative. I used a good amount of multiple choice marks right there.

All in all keep in mind OP that you get a daily mark reward of each type with 24h. You can literary cut the whole thing in half if you keep that one in mind.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Tbh, I find none of them very hard, but since Temporal seems to be the only mark choice that has no grinding spots on ground (excluding such special places as Risa) and Procyon is essentially do the same thing 3 times in succession (thus making it boring for me), I had to pick that one.
    Hardest to get so far for me was terran. Reason is that I can’t sand Battle zones and the two related queues may be nice to do once or twice but don’t hold any chance to be included in the daily grind with fun routine of my fleet-mates and me. They are simply too miserably time gated and thereby kill all the fun. A map where the progression curve of a player has close to no influence is a just a bad map in my opinion.
    I wouldn't know anything about that. Counterpoint Elite still remains to be one of my favourite queues. :)
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    On any given character, the one rep that I really notice is the one I want gear from, because my attention is drawn to people who wipe on the optionals in Advanced and Elite difficulty instances.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Terran Task Force
    I wouldn't know anything about that. Counterpoint Elite still remains to be one of my favourite queues. :)

Hm I suppose taste is different a bit among peeps, which is fine. The way this vote resolves I would also consider me to be a weirdo as far as ico marks are concerned. I have 9 toons which all use the ico 3-4 piece set and still have thousands of marks on my toons left over. Was never a prob for me to get them. I do a few brotherhood of the sword elite each day and never notice the marks, just the fun it brings to do so. Whatever, I’m glad we play a game with such variety that there is something in it for everybody. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • lipucd1lipucd1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Nukara Strikeforce
    I vote for Nakura, because it's BZ can be really freaking annoying for anyone not an Engie, and beyond CE or universal's it's lacking in any real grinding options.

But chances are the one's you'll want a large stockpile on is Iconian. They have a 4 part space set that's so good it's kinda become the norm in even high end builds, and their ground set is no slouch ether. The space set alone though is 3000 marks + 20 'elite marks', making it a pretty heavy climb to obtain the entire set, with the ground being even more on top of that. Unless you really want/need the sets from the other reps in some fashion, I would say invest into that with all of those delta/temporal rewards, and then work on the others organically.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Right now, probably Iconian, since its queues aren't that active anymore and it's only attached to a couple missions on Kobali Prime buried way at the far end of the map, whereas all the rest of the battle/adventure zones you can hit a quickie mission near beam in to get your daily bonus.

Six months from now when the next season gives us a new reputation and the AoY queue events dry up? Iconian won't change any = the queues might slip more but Kobali Prime isn't going anywhere. But Temporal, which didn't get a single player source at all, will tank without active queues.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Iconian Resistance
    questerius wrote: »

I agree.

I really wish that Cryptic will one time make a Iconian War Red Alert. I know they didn't have the time anymore to do it then, but maybe they should spend the time - at least the console players could benefit from it directly.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    The Iconian can be done, just have to do the single mission over and over. This is how I did it. After a while, it gets rather annoying. Still its better than the group battlegrounds.

• bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    i kinda wish cryptic would list which marks a particular STF provided so folks could check at a glance when they're scrolling through the list.. "choice of marks" is rather ambiguous..
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Iconian Resistance
    Icoian because they are a pain in the a$$. Their queues are mostly empty and half of them barely worth the time spent. And no, zombi prime is no real alternative for marks when you actually want the rep gear instead of just the daily leveling up project
    Temporal may be annyoing as well but at least they've got a battlezone to pop in and out.

bengahl wrote: »
    i kinda wish cryptic would list which marks a particular STF provided so folks could check at a glance when they're scrolling through the list.. "choice of marks" is rather ambiguous..

You can filter the list for specific marks, that will also include queues with multiple choice boxes containing that marks.
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    8472 Counter-Command
    You can always farm them during events :)

They should build-in Reputation with Admiral System

Like a tour thing ( time gated )

but you can choose which reputation marks or fleet marks

instead of dilithium, R&D materials or EC

it would balance the rewards and resources people gathering in-game

Admiral system is most cost-effective to introduce or balance rewards

you dont have to make animations or voice-over or script some STF labour intensive stuffs to make it work

come on Craptic :)
    Mzd8i1c.gif
    Once you have done the Kobali Missions to the end you do the Replays. Right at Beam Down you can take the areas Portal to the Upper Hill Base and your there where you need to be. No across map running needed.

Nakura - do the Tholian Red Alert!! Romulan and Nakura Marks. 75 with Daily for Romulan and 65 same for Nakura. Plus 5 Fleet Marks.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns