test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [ July 13th 2016]

Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow 07/13 at 7 AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Sad to see all the Tailor issues persist. :'(
    Heartbroken to see the Shooter Mode issues persist. :'(

Loving <3 the new expansion too much to complain more than that. :):):)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The cloak is going away :'(
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Awww, I liked that bug :)
  • robertjenkinsrobertjenkins Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    The cloak is going away :'(

yea, not happy about that..

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Watch... the Oroburos (sp?) will have it's cloak accidentally turned off... 0.o?
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Something else to look out for . Some captains including myself don't see the warp out animation when leaving a sector map. Its like Scotty removed the components from our warp drive and now we are stalling out before going to warp ! lol

Forgot to mention : Also when you use the grapple in any mission that requires it, your Captain cannot let go of the grapple. He or she ends up running around with the grapple still attached and whats worse the rope is still there as if being pulled from the floor.
    Post edited by shrimphead2015 on
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Can we PLEASE get an answer from Wakeupparamour or a DEV about the Romulan BOFF recruitment situation? It stopped being listed as a known issue 3 patch notes ago, was never listed as resolved, and seems still to be unavailable. Resolved or not, it HAD been acknowledged as an issue, and it would be nice to have the courtesy of an answer. Is it resolved, is it still an issue, is it being worked on? PLEASE TALK TO US!

The simple courtesy of an honest and informative reply would be greatly appreciated.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Is Wednesday the new official patch day?
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Is Wednesday the new official patch day?

Yeah, so does this patch Wednesday mean that there will be no patch Thursday then ?

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• dreymor0dreymor0 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    And here I was excited to use the Paladin. Thanks alot PWE. Nerfing the game till they drive everyone away.
  • devvickdevvick Member Posts: 12 Arc User

dreymor0 wrote: »
    And here I was excited to use the Paladin. Thanks alot PWE. Nerfing the game till they drive everyone away.

I only bought the palladin because people was telling that they have the cloak! Why take away the cloak from the temporal ships? It would be ilogicall for a ship of this time not to have! All the bugs like shooter mod are much more importand than stealling us our cloaks!! Better spend time on this then nerfing the ships down to uslees!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    devvick wrote: »

(...)Better spend time on this then nerfing the ships down to uslees!

If a cloak on a ship draws the line between "useless" and "worth 30 bucks" you're doing something wrong.

Although I admit that a heads-up would have been the way to go, Cryptic. Yes, the ad text doesn't mention the cloak, but as soon as people found out you should have made a forum and reddit PSA to at least inform everyone it's a bug and it's going to be fixed. And once again it shows that an in-game news bulletin would be a thing good to have!​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited July 2016
    OK, not useless, but the difference to other ships i already have isn't big now. And a cloak which doesn't need a console slot for fed was a nice thing. If I was knowing that the Cloak is only a bug, wasn't buying. Of course i could
    inform myself better and not only listing chat.......
    i agree with you: in-game news bulletin would be nice!
    After all there are greater problems in game then this cloak!
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Can we PLEASE get an answer from Wakeupparamour or a DEV about the Romulan BOFF recruitment situation? It stopped being listed as a known issue 3 patch notes ago, was never listed as resolved, and seems still to be unavailable. Resolved or not, it HAD been acknowledged as an issue, and it would be nice to have the courtesy of an answer. Is it resolved, is it still an issue, is it being worked on? PLEASE TALK TO US!

The simple courtesy of an honest and informative reply would be greatly appreciated.
    I second this motion. Ship switching (and repairing, and everywhere where the game thinks your primary ship is a shuttle when it's not) bug too. Especially as it seems to spread.

Even something along the lines of "it was moved back to the back burner, I'm not authorized to explain reasons" would be reassuring.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    was also positivly Surprised that the Temp Ships had Cloak, and was planing to buy the the big pack soon, well this change will make me rethink.

If i allready bought the pack, than i would be certainly very very angry at such a change, by Mistake or NOT, if you give/sell something, and you maybe give a little bit "to much by mistake" than you "SUCK up your own Mistake" and leave it as it is, cause it was YOUR fault not the ones you sold it to, that person might have bought it just for that "little extra" so taken that extra back AFTER he bought it is outrageous in my book, another really bad move Cryptic.
    Post edited by highlandrise on
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Re-added the TOS Klingon Disruptor Pistol after it was accidentally deleted.
    This will resolve the issue where some players are seeing a blank spot taken up in the inventory if this weapon was present in the inventory prior to Agents of Yesterday.

Will this fix the issue for those of us that had the pistol in one of our weapon slots?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    was also positivly Surprised that the Temp Ships had Cloak, and was planing to the the big pack soon, well this change will make me rethink.

If i allready bought the pack, than i would be certainly very very angry at such a change, by Mistake or NOT, if you give/sell something, and you maybe give a little bit "to much by mistake" than you "SUCK up your own Mistake" and leave it as it is, cause it was YOUR fault not the ones you sold it to, that person might have bought it just for that "little extra" so taken that extra back AFTER he bought it is outrageous in my book, another rally bad move Cryptic.

Yes! you are right! Hopefully someone at Cryptic have Heart for us! And they will show that's not impossible for Cryptic to give away some more value for money.
    PS: a lot more people will by the ships with cloak than without....
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    devvick wrote: »

(...)Better spend time on this then nerfing the ships down to uslees!

If a cloak on a ship draws the line between "useless" and "worth 30 bucks" you're doing something wrong.

Although I admit that a heads-up would have been the way to go, Cryptic. Yes, the ad text doesn't mention the cloak, but as soon as people found out you should have made a forum and reddit PSA to at least inform everyone it's a bug and it's going to be fixed. And once again it shows that an in-game news bulletin would be a thing good to have!​​

PSA would have meant some of the sales they got wouldn't have happened ... silence is profitable
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Resolved an issue where the T'Laru could not be renamed to the I.R.W. prefix.

Ok, I get it, Romulans (Imperials) are regarded as the premium role-play 'faction' (salvaged enemy alien technology) and we have to gamble away for those prefixes and goods.

So make it consistent: ships like the Valdore (in-game Mogai) and Scimitar were always Imperial Romulan & Reman. We paid for the in-game Valdore, Mogai Heavy Warbird Retrofit, 3x T5 Scimitars, yet we can no longer continue using I.R.W. prefixes after buying their only successors, the Morrigu, Fleet Morrigu and 3x T6 Scimitars, ships that rely on those consoles for set bonuses.

You did not make the T5 Scimitars a lockbox or lobi ship, or the Valdore line. The leader of the friendly poor refugee republicans paraded around in a Reman-built (Imperial) weapon of planetary extinction for the longest time before reverse-engineering it into something more powerful (T6) with a more tamed appearance. At the very least, owning any T5 Scimitar or Mogai should unlock the I.R.W. prefix on their T6 counterparts.

Then, release more Imperial ships in boxes and in the lobi store.

If you can handle being consistent, it's either that, or unlock I.R.W. on all Romulan ships.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It was pretty obvious to me that the AoY Fed ships shouldn't have had the cloak, anybody who denies that is just deluding themselves.
    If that had actually been part of the original design, Cryptic would have been touting it all over the place AS A SALES POINT.
    Get off yer high-horses and stop using yer butts to think with.
    smh
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    I expected the cloak to go away since the same thing happened on the Monbosh way back when. Enjoyed it while I had it but not mad to lose it.

I also didn't know that the Vengeance had incorrect turn and speed values. I'll take more speed and turn on that thing any day haha.

JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • agentflash#3584 agentflash Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    how much longer? I really hope my texture mod still works
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    It was pretty obvious to me that the AoY Fed ships shouldn't have had the cloak, anybody who denies that is just deluding themselves.
    If that had actually been part of the original design, Cryptic would have been touting it all over the place AS A SALES POINT.
    Get off yer high-horses and stop using yer butts to think with.
    smh

There was a moment of confusion, since discovering my Paladin had the same cloak as comes standard on Fed Intel ships could have meant they came with it and simply neglected to list it as a feature. They are specialty ships after all, carrying the design lines of the Ent J of the future where apparently Feds absorbed KDF and Roms including their cloak technology. The Kelvin Raider gets battle cloak despite being xfaction and from Federation lines, and C-Store, which is a first for Feds (T6 Defiant needs 3pc set and was only upgraded to battle cloak later). \

Cryptic still seems to have zero problems making the T1 BoP as a skin unlock sales point for T5 & T6 BoP without ever delivering on that.

I'm glad they don't come with cloaks of any kind, but at this point, I hardly think it matters anymore as the lines have been blurred altogether for faction uniqueness and keeping cloaks as a costly feature for Feds.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    If anybody thinks even for a moment that Cryptic would have forgotten to mention that new Fed ships have a cloak, then they haven't been paying any attention for the last six years.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    was also positivly Surprised that the Temp Ships had Cloak, and was planing to buy the the big pack soon, well this change will make me rethink.

If i allready bought the pack, than i would be certainly very very angry at such a change, by Mistake or NOT, if you give/sell something, and you maybe give a little bit "to much by mistake" than you "SUCK up your own Mistake" and leave it as it is, cause it was YOUR fault not the ones you sold it to, that person might have bought it just for that "little extra" so taken that extra back AFTER he bought it is outrageous in my book, another really bad move Cryptic.

While this sentiment is frequently true in the "real" world, in the video game world where everything, including advertised specifications and features are - through the advertisement itself or the game's ToS - disclaimed to be "subject to change at the whims of the development team" - the "general understanding" is that while it takes a massive explanation and proof of "balance disruption" to change an advertised feature, unadvertised ones are considered "bugs" and therefore subject to immediate and non-negotiable removal.

Therefore, buying anything on the strength of a bug is, IMO, fail. You buy only for what is advertised...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Unusual day for shard maintenance
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited July 2016
    I believe it's because some of the BUGS are kinda-sorta game breaking for many folks and Cryptic decided to get the fixes in-game ASAP.
    B)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I hardly ever use a cloak anyway, and I got the Paladin for free, so this doesn't upset me at all.

I'd rather see the shooter mode bugs fixed.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.