test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gaining Spec Points when above cap

mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
My main toon is still gaining spec points when above the spec point cap (all specs are filled out so I'm just accumulating additional points now to spend when next spec is released). I was under the impression that spec points would be capped post the launch of AoY so you couldn't earn more points than could be spent (not that I'm complaining of course).

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I remember something about this... the game doesn't recognize some Specialization Points when it's counting towards your point cap, so it doesn't always convert them to dilithium properly and instead 'stores' them as Specialization Points. I think it's the ones from Featured Episodes (Anniversary episodes, etc...) and the ones you get from completing a Federation Admiralty Campaign that don't count.

I don't believe it affects anything negatively, it's just a tracking glitch in the code...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I remember something about this... the game doesn't recognize some Specialization Points when it's counting towards your point cap, so it doesn't always convert them to dilithium properly and instead 'stores' them as Specialization Points. I think it's the ones from Featured Episodes (Anniversary episodes, etc...) and the ones you get from completing a Federation Admiralty Campaign that don't count.

I don't believe it affects anything negatively, it's just a tracking glitch in the code...

This is exactly the thing that was supposed to be changed with the AoY update... The change, when announced, wasn't very popular, so, maybe Cryptic reconsidered, but I doubt it.