test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[VIDEO] NEW Ship Review! The Chronos Dreadnought Cruiser.

Hey everyone!

Ship review video of the 31st Century Chronos has been released; it's a doozy!

The Agents of Yesterday expansion is heralding in the Age of Exotic Damage and the Chronos, as well as the Eternal and Ouroboros, are leading the EPG tsunami teeth first!

The video includes: ship stats, gear, a couple of builds, different shield visuals, and an ISA PuG run.

Time Codes included in the description for easier navigation:
0:11 Intro
01:57 Mastery and Stats
03:50 Gear
07:35 Skills and Traits
10:00 BOffs and DOffs
15:35 Shield Visuals
18:30 ISA Pug run
21:12 Parse Review
23:05 Final Verdict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QicEFzek8Rg

Comments

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Excellent!
  • Options
    Watched the video, well done. I believe the final ship visual you used was the Romulan Shields, visual, but you didn't mention what it was.

One combo I found that I really like is hitting gravity well, Rapid Decay, Molecular Deconstruction Beam and Recursive Shearing III.

Rapid Decay removes 41 damage resistance, I have Control Amplifier on the Molecular Deconstruction Beam which also decreases 33 damage resistance.

Then Gravity Well, Rapid Decay, Molecular Deconstruction Beam, deals alot of combined damage, plus what ever other damage is done by other sources, 45% of which gets stored and dealt again as thanks to Recursive Shearing. This is great against really big ships, cubes, tac cubes, Unimatrix, the three Terran Fortesses in the Bad Lands, ect...

I'm now using Elite Orion Slavers on mine and the Jem'hadar visual, but seeing I also liked the Terran, Reman, and to my surprise the Romulan, Counter Command, and Delta visuals.

Btw how did you do the free floating camera thing so you could get close ups of your pets in the beginning of your video?
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Watched the video, well done. I believe the final ship visual you used was the Romulan Shields, visual, but you didn't mention what it was.

One combo I found that I really like is hitting gravity well, Rapid Decay, Molecular Deconstruction Beam and Recursive Shearing III.

Rapid Decay removes 41 damage resistance, I have Control Amplifier on the Molecular Deconstruction Beam which also decreases 33 damage resistance.

Then Gravity Well, Rapid Decay, Molecular Deconstruction Beam, deals alot of combined damage, plus what ever other damage is done by other sources, 45% of which gets stored and dealt again as thanks to Recursive Shearing. This is great against really big ships, cubes, tac cubes, Unimatrix, the three Terran Fortesses in the Bad Lands, ect...

I'm now using Elite Orion Slavers on mine and the Jem'hadar visual, but seeing I also liked the Terran, Reman, and to my surprise the Romulan, Counter Command, and Delta visuals.

Btw how did you do the free floating camera thing so you could get close ups of your pets in the beginning of your video?

The last shield was the Reman Prototype. I dont have the Romulan.

There are a lot of very good combos for this ship, part of the reason I scored it so high.

The fly-by was done using demorecord. Check out my bud ZEFilms' channel. He's the master at it and has a couple tutorial videos.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Thanks for including the shield visuals - will have to check the ship out.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    Also Graviton Conversion + Drain Infection combo is cool, it means the group shield drain that is Graviton Conversion also unleashes Drain Infection which is a nice Electric DOT.
  • Options
    Thanks for including the shield visuals - will have to check the ship out.

they're in all my "Shakedown" videos. Although i do not have the Omega, Romulan, and Borg shields.

• Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    "I have Control Amplifier on the Molecular Deconstruction Beam which also decreases 33 damage resistance."

What is this? Control Amplifier?
  • Options
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Control_Amplification

Its a science skill, that applies to control abilities.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I feel like having all these future ships is really whacky, but it's a good video.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    Control Amplifier also applies to Gravity Well as well and it should hypothetically apply to Hyzmberg Amplifier as well.
  • Options
    I feel like having all these future ships is really whacky, but it's a good video.

no more whacky then any other ship in the game. these ones have an distinct advantage in being really good ships that are not locked behind an RNG lockbox.
  • Options
    Very true.
  • Options
    Yep I confirmed it, Hezenberger Amplifier with Control Ampilification is causing 35 decrease in all resistance.

This makes Hezenberger Amplifier a better Attack Pattern Beta, then attack pattern beta.

Graviton Conversion is dealing any where from 850 electrical damage, to 1000 electrical damage per second, for 10 seconds.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The main selling point to me and what makes this Cruiser so good is the same basic idea why the Fed Intel Eclipse, KDF Qib are top notch: You can give up ENG BOFF abilities to get higher access to Specialization BOFF abilities to increase more performance out of your ship.

Honestly, ENG BOFF abilities are pretty "meh" and you can get by with 3 core ENG BOFF abilities. Some others will do with only 2.

On top of the flexible BOFF stations, the console layout is balanced at 4/3/4 which fits in with today's "meta." The ship handles very nicely and even more so if you choose the Offense toggle.

The ship is a big deal for the KDF, Roms since both have a lack of a multi-role cruiser (LtCmdr at the minimum for ENG, TAC, and SCI). The Feds have an example already at T6 with the Guardian, but it's not a true, dedicated specialization ship.

You will be hard pressed to find a Cruiser in any faction with the flexibility of the Chronos, on top of it being a C-Store ship and an unlock for ALL characters, regardless of faction. This is not some Lockbox, Lobi ship that is "one buy, one character only" kind of deal, nor is the new precedent of a Faction ship that is hidden behind a Lockbox, Lobi ship.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Yep I confirmed it, Hezenberger Amplifier with Control Ampilification is causing 35 decrease in all resistance.

This makes Hezenberger Amplifier a better Attack Pattern Beta, then attack pattern beta.

Graviton Conversion is dealing any where from 850 electrical damage, to 1000 electrical damage per second, for 10 seconds.

I'm telling you: it's the age of exotic damage
  • Options
    The Chronos can have these boff powers divisions.

5 engineering powers, 5 science powers, 3 tac powers.

5 engineering powers, 5 tac powers, 3 science powers.

7 engineering powers, 3 tac powers, 3 science powers.

4 temporal powers, 5 science powers, 3 tac powers, 1 Engineering power.

4 temporal powers, 5 tac powers, 3 science powers, 1 Engineering power.

6 temporal powers, 3 tac powers, 3 science powers, 1 engineering power. (This is my current mix)

4 temporal powers, 3 tac powers, 3 science powers, and 3 engineering powers.

Ect...

You can fly this ship like its sister ship the Temporal Multimission Science Ship, but trading subsystem targeting for extra weapon slots and subsystem targeting, and trade sensor analyisis for cruiser commands, and Aux power for extra weapons and engine power.

Or you can fly the Ship like a Battle Cruiser with DHCs, and 5 tac powers, enhanced by damage resistance powers.

Or you can focus on tanking & healing. If you do go with engineering heavy build, the Chronos's console can cut engineer boffs cds by 10%.

This is a very flexible beast.
  • Options
    The Chronos can have these boff powers divisions.

5 engineering powers, 5 science powers, 3 tac powers.

5 engineering powers, 5 tac powers, 3 science powers.

7 engineering powers, 3 tac powers, 3 science powers.

4 temporal powers, 5 science powers, 3 tac powers, 1 Engineering power.

4 temporal powers, 5 tac powers, 3 science powers, 1 Engineering power.

6 temporal powers, 3 tac powers, 3 science powers, 1 engineering power. (This is my current mix)

4 temporal powers, 3 tac powers, 3 science powers, and 3 engineering powers.

Ect...

You can fly this ship like its sister ship the Temporal Multimission Science Ship, but trading subsystem targeting for extra weapon slots and subsystem targeting, and trade sensor analyisis for cruiser commands, and Aux power for extra weapons and engine power.

Or you can fly the Ship like a Battle Cruiser with DHCs, and 5 tac powers, enhanced by damage resistance powers.

Or you can focus on tanking & healing. If you do go with engineering heavy build, the Chronos's console can cut engineer boffs cds by 10%.

This is a very flexible beast.

the only issues i have with the ship are that it's aux is very low, and it's defense rating is the pits. is it's defense supposed to be THAT low?
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The lines of the Chronos make me think it's actually an Andorian design :).
  • Options
    nikeix wrote: »
    The lines of the Chronos make me think it's actually an Andorian design :).

very possible. i think it more closely resembles a cross between the Paradox and the Narcine.
  • Options
    I actually think it reminds me a Ferengi design, with some Orion detailing in parts.
  • Options
    I actually think it reminds me a Ferengi design, with some Orion detailing in parts.

a true piece of art will mean different things to different people :D