test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nanov is the solution!

Hello everyone!

I have just devised a splendid new pathway to bring back the nanov: the all new Nanov LX™ financial product/luxury pet!

As you know the dil/zen market has gone to new heights with a new mean trading price of about 480 dil per zen. That is because there are not enough ways to spend dilithium.

Enter the Nanov LX™, THE solution to this problem.

At a cost of 500 000 dilithium, NanovLX™ is the ultimate luxury pet, with its dilithium crystals shining on the surface of its "skin". See picture below:
luxury%20nanov%20TM_zpshpc6pdcm.png

But the ultimate interstellar companion is not all that it is.

Nay! The Nanov LX™ is also an investment. Feed it 500 unrefined dilithium crystals a day, and it will diligently excrete 5oo refined dilithium crystals! Meaning that you will be accompanied in style while getting richer! A safe, glorious investment for any intelligent captain (limit one per captain). What is not to love about the Nanov LX™?

Nanov LX™. The luxury you want. The financial product you need.

This message is part of the Vote Nanov 2016 series!

Tex@luckyyahoo, U.S.S. Rocinante
STO fauna enthusiast/Joker extraordinaire
Vote Nanov!

Comments

• tubafiredragontubafiredragon Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    This actually could possibly work.
  • wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Hmm interesting idea, however 500k dil wont change much if anything. What we need is another starbase as much as i hate to say it.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Cover it with Lobi crystals and it would be the ultimate luxury pet.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    This would be a great vanity pet, but...
    I doubt it would have a significant effect on the economy. The heavy Dilithium Exchange farmers are capable of doing the math and weighing whether they would rather have the 500K dilithium they have now or earn that same 500K dilithium back over 1000 days (of refining) to increase their effective available dilithium thereafter. This also does not factor in the ability to purchase character slots using the (approximately) 1042 Zen value of that 500K dilithium, increasing the total refining capacity of a given account, nor the ability to create additional accounts to generate dilithium, to generate Zen, to generate Keys, etc. for sale or transfer.

Okay, not everyone is farming hardcore (I find it too boring to actually do, despite knowing how well it works), so this might work a little bit... but yeah, a nice Holding or cosmetics for the Holdings would probably be more effective. At least we have an Upgrade Weekend coming, though with current Dilithium Exchange rates the increased number of folks storing dilithium for personal use will likely dampen the impact of folks Upgrading en masse.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    luckyyahoo wrote: »

Look at that cute nanov! Isn't it adorable?

No. akUKXJ6.png​​

Blasphemy!!!

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I'd like a Nanov. Whenever I go to DS9 with my Rommie, I feel soooo inadequate because all those Feds and Klingon types have dogs and targs and those oversized cats from Risa. I'd like something which clearly states I am from Mol'Rihan and is more than capable of leaving slime trails everywhere.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    How about a T-shirt that says "Someone went to Mol'Rihan and all I got was this slime-covered tentacle monster" ?
    boldly-watched.png
  • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Once again, I support the return of our beloved Nanov overlords.
  • dylankoshdylankosh Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I have my cute little nanov, but I totally support them bringing them back. Who would not buy one from the lobi store, or from the Z-store? They could even make it the reward for the next mirror event or something like that. Cryptic giving us additional dil refining capability would be great, but not likely.

I personally would love it if they put out a nanov combat pet. Make it at least as tough as a horta. Would be very easy for them. They could say something like "We only thought that they were peaceful until the Iconian's returned to Mol'Rihan, and burned their homes. Now the nanov's have risen from the ashes to make their slimy mark on the universe! Beware"!!!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Pokémon Go on New Romulus? I want one of those rhinos!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Pokémon Go on New Romulus? I want one of those rhinos!
    I want a giant scorpion. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg