test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Typhoon Class and purchasable T6 refits.

venarravenarra Member Posts: 112 Arc User
I think it's about time they made the Typhoon Class "Super Heavy" Cruiser available to players as a Tier 6 Fleet Hull. The same goes for the original Jupiter Class.

Something else I would like to see would the ability to "T6" refit our favorite hulls. If the Temporal Agents have all of this TOS T6 stuff, we should be able to "upgrade" our favorite hulls to T6 when our other characters become Temporal Agents. T5U is nice, but it doesn't quite cut it. I'd like for my Chel Grett, Dominion Attack Vessel and Fleet Assault Cruiser to get "refit upgrades" to T6.

Comments

• jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The Jupiter's rebirth is a mistake that should never be repeated on any other bad design that Cryptic has rightfully and justly purged. Besides, the Typhoon has already been remade as the Command Cruisers, and has rightfully had all its NPC versions replaced with those far superior designs.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Yes we need the Typhoon. The Command Cruisers are completely unrelated designs with zero similarities to the glorious Typhoon (oh wow, they have duel nacelles, they must be the same right!). The T6 Oddy was their opportunity to remodel the Typhoon in a similar way to the Jupiter was as the skin for the Tactical flagship, instead we got the Endeavour.

Typhoon_views_2.png​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Sorry guys, but almost every instance in which a Typhoon spawned has been replaced with the Geneva class. Cryptic missed a few though, but it's safe to say this design's been retired just as the old Jupiter was.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Do you run into the new Jupiter anywhere?

I actually think the new Jupiter design is one of the best looking designs they've ever come up with.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Sorry guys, but almost every instance in which a Typhoon spawned has been replaced with the Geneva class. Cryptic missed a few though, but it's safe to say this design's been retired just as the old Jupiter was.
    DO you believe that will get them to stop?

"The heart wants what the heart wants".

And any counter-argument you could bring can be countered with: "We got a TOS Faction and a Kelvin Timeline Constitution Class", no one believed that would happen!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    They also forgot to change to one sitting in sector space to mark the Omega task force position.

Personally I always though the typhoon was an upgraded and heavily armored version of the sovereign assault cruiser class.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    wheres that dude with the 'oh this thread again' sig pic... we need him here
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Lord here we go again
    3070171-9365046540-86539.gif
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Maybe the T6 Sovereign model will be a redesigned Typhoon, that would be cool and would make fans of both ships happy.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    It would been nice if they did the Typhoon as an variation to the command cruisers.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • venarravenarra Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »

I actually think the new Jupiter design is one of the best looking designs they've ever come up with.

The new Jupiter design is wonderful and is in line with the old Jupiter design. This is no mistake. It's due to love for the old Jupiter design. That's why they look so similar. Some of us spearheaded "Team Jupiter" during the voting thread for the choose the next ship design.

With the Temporal Agent missions, it is would be possible to encounter or gain the older version of the ship (or costume for current Jupiter owners). We're getting T6 versions of every antique design out there, why not some of the more recent ones?
    Lord here we go again

If you don't like the subject matter, just ignore it. You and the other haters have achieved one thing: I will make it my life's mission to reopen this issue every month now.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    venarra wrote: »
    Lord here we go again

If you don't like the subject matter, just ignore it. You and the other haters have achieved one thing: I will make it my life's mission to reopen this issue every month now.

Just give this thread a bump every 29 days B)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    They also forgot to change to one sitting in sector space to mark the Omega task force position.

Personally I always though the typhoon was an upgraded and heavily armored version of the sovereign assault cruiser class.

As it should be. It should be the T6 Assault Cruiser (or at least a skin/parts for the Fleet Assault Cruiser, available if you buy the T6 Fleet Assault Cruiser of special upgrade token for the same).
    Lord here we go again

if you dont want opbjections to your ideas then dont post on a public forum

and this topic has been brought up alot so yes its beating a dead horse

Not that I've seen. They replaced the old Jupiter with the "Riker" class Dreadnought (Riker's Enterprise).

Which, by the way, is a ship that shouldn't exist since it's from an alternate timeline.
    edited July 2016
    artan42 wrote: »
    Yes we need the Typhoon. The Command Cruisers are completely unrelated designs with zero similarities to the glorious Typhoon (oh wow, they have duel nacelles, they must be the same right!). The T6 Oddy was their opportunity to remodel the Typhoon in a similar way to the Jupiter was as the skin for the Tactical flagship, instead we got the Endeavour.

Typhoon_views_2.png​​

They failed with the Odyssey. Just as they did with the "multi-mission, heavy Vesta class" Command Cruisers.

Not that I've seen. They replaced the old Jupiter with the "Riker" class Dreadnought (Riker's Enterprise).

Which, by the way, is a ship that shouldn't exist since it's from an alternate timeline.

The KT Connie and Vengeance would like a word with you

In all seriousness if it was in a trek TV show or movie that CBS has rights to, then it can wind up in the game , as is the case with the Galaxy-X.

as for the typhoon alot of people on alot of these type of threads , have asked to get the typhoon in the game beyond an NPC, and it didnt happen.

as far as the jupiter? its not the real jupiter just a jupiter someone stepped on, so here it is in short

were not gonna get the typhoon class end of the story, a waste of a good model but cryptic will do what cryptic wants to do even if it flys in the face of logic or what the players want.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

It predates lockboxes, but if they had been already around then, I think it might have ended up in one. Just like the Fek'lhri ship.

It was originally a special reward for recruiters, you needed to invite 5 people to the game that would subscribe each for at least a month. (Yes, that was in the days before F2P). Of course, many were angry about this restriction (what Star Trek fan has 5 friends? Especially 5 friends that wouldn't already be in the game?), and many circumvented it by simply making alt accounts and subscribing those. Eventually it became a C-Store ship.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • generalbannon07generalbannon07 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I requested the Typhoon since day one. But I gave up on this long ago.
    I'm afraid we won't see the Typhoon ever. There wasn't any official statement about this cruiser for a very long time.
    Seems that they abandoned it for good, which is very disappointing
    t643t0.jpg

Original join date: Jul 2008
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I was all on board with the playable Typhoon, but the time has come to realize that this dream is dead.

Like it or not, the Jupiter that we have is the only one we're getting. The Typhoon is now a distant memory, replaced by a different version. Some will like the changes, others won't.. but it's done either way.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I requested the Typhoon since day one. But I gave up on this long ago.
    I'm afraid we won't see the Typhoon ever. There wasn't any official statement about this cruiser for a very long time.
    Seems that they abandoned it for good, which is very disappointing

Same here, I kinda gave up. But I will still post the want if another ask about it. The Commands works good enough for a replacement. Which is why my AOY will more likely end up in the Geneva.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'd settle for an Assault Cruiser skin, but the Typhoon is the size of the Oddy, it's far more massive than the Sovereign, bulkier than the Imperial, and longer than the Regent.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    They're saving it for the playable "Mirror Rebels" Fed mini-faction :).
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    They still have an old school Jupiter Class.. aka Battle Group Omega, you can see how ugly the Jupiter Class Carrier used to be before they replaced it with the beauty in the C-Store. XP

Or really a ship with the same name but feels more like a Dreadnought the Jupiter in Battle Group Omega. Even though its somewhat funny I think there was a Typhoon in there too but they replaced it with a Command Cruiser but not that ugly as sin starship.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    I wish we could get a dev to comment on this topic as in a definitive

will we ever get a T6 Typhoon class in the game
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I still think the Nova class needs attention before the Sovereign.

I totally agree.

The T6 Sovereign, when it comes.. will be based on the stats of the T5/T5U version. Another Engineering heavy cruiser that will likely be unremarkable in any way outside of it's appearance.

The Nova can fill a need. As much as I like the Sovereign class, the reality is that we need another Engineering centered Fed Cruiser about as much as we need a kick in the face.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

While we're at it, let's get a dev to comment on whether we will ever get a T6 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

39230544001_original.jpg
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.

While we're at it, let's get a dev to comment on whether we will ever get a T6 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

39230544001_original.jpg

nice ride though you missed my point

like many im tired of the "gimme typhoon" threads cropping up
    so if a dev were to just flat out say

"no were not putting the typhoon in the game period" maybe then some of these threads will stop