test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Finally! T6 Connie!

stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
To everyone who kept on asking for an endgame Connie I applaud you. Our efforts have paid off!

And to all those who said to stop asking for it, it will never happen, or didn't think it was a good idea. IN... YOUR... FACE!
1686is5.jpg
The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.

Comments

• fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    I think there was also a discussion about a tier 5, that didn't happen, so I guess it's a draw?!
  • stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    I think there was also a discussion about a tier 5, that didn't happen, so I guess it's a draw?!

That discussion was valid when Tier 5 was endgame, lol.
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    Ir was just a joke, man :)
  • alaythyiralaythyir Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    It depends on what you consider a Connie to be. Personally as the Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser is way too big being the same size as the Enterprise E, and from an alternate reality I find it to have no connection to the classic star trek movies I loved as a kid (the 2nd, 4th and 6th movies were my favourites). And for the people who still love the original series it has absolutely nothing for those people, so from another point of view this is just a way to not give many of the fans the ship they have wanted for years. And given the size of this ship and a somewhat general similarity it now makes the players who love their Fleet T5-U Assault Cruisers feel like their ship is even crappier in comparison. Plus it being from a lock box means that it's a gamble if a player gets this new ship at all so odds are many Connie fans simply will never get one in spite of just about every other iconic ship now having a T6 version.

With the release of this ship it is really high time that Cryptic release a T5 Cruiser retrofit with a fleet version and can have the original series model if players have bought the T1 Constitution Class so that players can at least upgrade this ship to a T5-U version. And a T6 Assault Cruiser is long overdue too. The Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser would still be better stat wise then both such ships so players who mostly care about stats will still want it, but adding these two ships would at least make things fair for long term fans of the older Connie and Sovereign Class and ensure that they can get them.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    alaythyir wrote: »
    It depends on what you consider a Connie to be.

Constitution class starship. Preferrably one named the Enterprise.

It's a pretty loose definition. There's just no need to split hairs at this point.

A Tier 6 End-Game Constitution Class Starship now exists.

To the OP: /highfive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Personally, I applaud Cryptic for this work around...

EVERYONE who asked for a T6 Connie HAVE to be happy now, because it's here... If they aren't happy, they're hypocrites.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

It's a pretty loose definition. There's just no need to split hairs at this point.

Just not a Tier 6 End-Game TOS Constitution Class Starship. Which we will have a good chance of getting in September due to it being the 50th Anniversary of TOS.

I am certain that when people were asking for Tier 5 or Tier 6 Constitutions over the years, they meant the original iconic ship that started the entire series and not the JJprise.
    edited July 2016
    anazonda wrote: »
    Personally, I applaud Cryptic for this work around...

EVERYONE who asked for a T6 Connie HAVE to be happy now, because it's here... If they aren't happy, they're hypocrites.

People may be thinking here that I hate the Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser, but I don't. And I actually like the new movies as well as the old ones. The only objection I have is if this is used as an excuse not to release an end game version of the T2 cruiser (or at the very least a T5 retrofit version and fleet version) that many people have wanted for years. Some fans like the new movies and some don't, but it is unfair to cater to one group and give them their Connie and ignore the others saying make do with this. For many older fans the older versions of the Enterprise captured their imaginations as children and has a special nostalgic place for them that the Heavy Command Cruiser simply won't have, and in that respects it is far from what many fans were hoping for when they wanted an end game Connie.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    stolts wrote: »
    To everyone who kept on asking for an endgame Connie I applaud you. Our efforts have paid off!

And to all those who said to stop asking for it, it will never happen, or didn't think it was a good idea. IN... YOUR... FACE!

It's not a Connie, it's a non Canon JJCrapship. qBCZn9p.png​​

Like it or not (me being one of the latter), it's canon.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    There isn't a T6 Constitution. Yet.....

Personally, I would prefer a T5/6 TMP Constitution.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    I expect T6 TOS Connie is coming.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It's not an original connie, it's a JJ Konnie. Close but not quite what everyone wanted. Some people will be happy with it, others like myself don't really want to bother with the JJ version.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    It's not an original connie, it's a JJ Konnie. Close but not quite what everyone wanted. Some people will be happy with it, others like myself don't really want to bother with the JJ version.

this
    edited July 2016

Me too. Well actually I'd prefer it to have the bridge from the 6th movie. But either a T5 or T6 version of the T2 ship and if you have the T1 original series version you can use that model too. They could even make it a bundle with it's own console set with some very Kirk like set bonus etc. Even if the only made it as a T5 retrofit and the best version a player could get was a Fleet T5-U version that would be ok.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    There isn't a Connie yet. Instead we get a JJ Spoof Ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.

That's not an original TOS constitution either. It's a motion picture refit ship that barely appeared in a handful of movies. It's essentially the 1980s version of the JJ ship and you can't possibly be a TRUE trek fan of the REAL Connie if you like that tarted up ILM jawn.

(That's how a lot of the posters sound discussing the Kelvin ship)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baronvlad#7057 baronvlad Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    That's funny. OP thinks people spent 5 years asking for a butt ugly kit bashed 1980's movie Connie.
  • xanderkentxanderkent Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I'm happy to have an end game Constitution class in any form. I would prefer the classic 1960's version however I'm a firm believer that if you can't have the one you want, love the one you have.
    If you set a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    I was overjoyed when I first saw the pictures of the T6 Kelvin connie. I was thinking FINALLY its HERE!!!! No its not the TOS connie we all love, but it is, to me, an acceptable substitute.
    That joy quickly became terror with one, simple, disgusting word: LOCKBOX!
    My first thought was " they wouldn't dare" My second thought was " yes,, that would." and they did. I bought 80 keys,, opened 80 boxes,, got some pretty cool stuff,, but no KT Connie. *shrugs* I would have HAPPILY bought that ship from the cstore, instead I spent MORE on keys than I would have for a cstore ship. ( I know, it doesn't make sense, but I like STO I consider the $ to be supporting the game).
    So now we have a SLIM,, almost non-existent chance of getting a TOS T6 around the 50th anniversary day. Do I think it will happen? No. Do I hope it happens? Yes. If it does happen will the ship be a disappointment? Possibly. Only time will tell I suppose.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I had a dream last night that I logged in and saw a T6 TOS Connie announcement in the news section ... probably because I opened 250+ lockboxes yesterday and didn't get the JJ-prise, and I'm suffering from some serious buyer's remorse because that's something I normally just wouldn't do no matter what the lockbox has, but for some reason I did it yesterday even though I said I wouldn't. Gonna wait until my TOS toon gets high enough to use it before I decide if I'm going to open more, the one plus side is I can now get my Delta a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier to go with her Bug ship.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    For all of those who hate the KT Connie, make more pathetic mewling noises - you amuse me.

For all those who want a TOS endgame Connie, I'm rooting for you. September is a good candidate and so is around the launch of the new TV series...

Just keep one thing very clear in your minds - It's NOT going to be $30. They're gonna do something far more elaborate and painful, be it 900 lobi or log in and do some little task for 250 days. But the most popular ship the franchise has ever produced ain't gonna be $30. It is the sharpest fish-hook in the entire bait box and they're gonna sink it into your cheek and PULL...

'Course it'llprobably have the first 'true universal' seat in the game too :).
    That's funny. OP thinks people spent 5 years asking for a butt ugly kit bashed 1980's movie Connie.

Can we derisively call it the Nicky-Prize? After Nicholas Meyer, the guy who made it a fan favorite in Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country?

Nicky-Prize versus JJ-Prize?

Let the battle begin!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yaminigmayaminigma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I am sensible enough to be able to like all versions of the Constitution, TMP being my favorite.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Can we derisively call it the Nicky-Prize? After Nicholas Meyer, the guy who made it a fan favorite in Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country?

Let the battle begin!
    But Meyer was Star Trek II, the Refit was already in the first movie. Who was the Slow Motion Picture? Was it Gene himself?
    Genterprise? Roddenprise?

Mustrum "I don't want this roddenprize!"
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User

Let the battle begin!
    But Meyer was Star Trek II, the Refit was already in the first movie. Who was the Slow Motion Picture? Was it Gene himself?

I like "Enterberry", it has a ring to it. :D
    nikeix wrote: »
    For all of those who hate the KT Connie, make more pathetic mewling noises - you amuse me.

For all those who want a TOS endgame Connie, I'm rooting for you. September is a good candidate and so is around the launch of the new TV series...

Just keep one thing very clear in your minds - It's NOT going to be $30. They're gonna do something far more elaborate and painful, be it 900 lobi or log in and do some little task for 250 days. But the most popular ship the franchise has ever produced ain't gonna be $30. It is the sharpest fish-hook in the entire bait box and they're gonna sink it into your cheek and PULL...

'Course it'llprobably have the first 'true universal' seat in the game too :).

Actually I think it will be $30, but it'll also have tactical, engineer, and science variants with a $60 bundle price and some big incentives to get the bundle over the individual ships. This would be the single best selling ship of all time for them, between people who want the TOS and TMP Connies as well as the Excalibur and Exeter fans. No way it's an event ship, sales > metrics, and a large amount of players may simply quit if it's lobi (there's also zero precedent for it to be lobi).
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited July 2016

Let the battle begin!

Yeah, but people mostly don't like TMP, and it's 70s velour disco style jumpsuit uniforms. They're all about Khan, the red uniforms, Khan, the Spock death, Khan, the ear worms, Khan, Saavik, Khan, New Genesis, Khan, Chekov on a Miranda, Khan, and oh yeah, Khan. Plus they kept blowing up and refitting and blowing up the Enterprise in those first 6 films anyways. So might as well just pay homage to the all-mighty Nicky-Prize, as that's the one true Trek Fan's REAL T6 Connie!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

And it's got NCC-1701 on its hull (in the pictures). That, for all purposes and intent, means it was meant to be the highly coveted T6 Connie. And I will get mine as soon as I sold my first kidney. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Ok, we've seen your prognostication skills for ship-pricing with the KT ships :wink:. Just because you want it to be $30 ain't gonna make it $30. And no precedent? What do you think the one-faction Intel Dreadnought in the Lobi store is? 'Cause I'd call that the EXACT precedent required.

The three version idea is kinda sexy though :).
    nikeix wrote: »
    Ok, we've seen your prognostication skills for ship-pricing with the KT ships :wink:. Just because you want it to be $30 ain't gonna make it $30. And no precedent? What do you think the one-faction Intel Dreadnought in the Lobi store is? 'Cause I'd call that the EXACT precedent required.

The three version idea is kinda sexy though :).

As much as I dislike the decision, the vengeance = alternate reality ship, just like the mirror ships. There are no Prime universe faction specific ships in lockboxes or the Lobi store. But three new variants, with the TMP and TOS skins only unlocking if you have all three? That would move a LOT of zen.
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.