test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Day 1

mrbestermrbester Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I logged in a couple years ago for about an hour and have not played since. I dont remember having a bad time of it but I will start fresh once my client is updated.
I would like advice on what to focus on the first couple of days so I am not wasting my time doing things that wont benefit me down the road. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• ktonof1aqktonof1aq Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Play the game, enjoy yourself, and explore the visuals. Your question is to broad. Are you a trader, pvp guy, pve person, or just seeking to relax a few hours in a cyber world that can be overwhelming as it is welcoming.

First off, join a fleet. A good fleet and fleet friends can make all the difference in your game enjoyment. Moreover, your fleet friends can share with you some of the game's tribal knowledge. being in a fleet also prevents the spam "join my fleet" messages.

surround yourself with fun people. Remember to rank up using doffs and while you're doing your doffs, hit the R&D. If you're in a fleet with level 3 fleet research, use that to expedite your r&d.

Ship frustration. Even after 6 years, I can't build a ship to save my life. Fortunately, there are enough ship builders out there that are so proud of their work that they will share their build. A good ship can go a long way to avoiding game frustration. Nothing is worse then getting clobbered by a PVE boss repeatedly.

Have fun but be careful. STO can fast become an addiction just like the forum breeds trolls.

Live long and prosper.
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    Everything ktonof1aq said. If you are looking to join a fleet. The fleet I am in is looking for new members to join. It is called Unified Federation Of Planetary Systems (U.F.O.P.S). My game name is Raj@Raj_2011. Send an in-game e-mail to that name and I will send an invite to you, if you are interested. As long as you are a active, friendly person and helpful, you are welcome to join. All the best to you.
  • mrbestermrbester Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thanks guys!
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    There are a few events going on just so you know. Youll want to start a TOS toon and lvl it to 10 within 6 weeks because of a recruitment event, you can get some very awesome exclusive rewards.

Summer event until July 21st, on Risa you can get some summer event stuff but not enough time for summer event ship.

Like 5 days left for the Feature Episode Replay to play particular episodes for rare rewards.

Just open your ingame calendar to look at this stuff.
  • mrbestermrbester Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Will take a look at that now. Thanks much