test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RNG in R&D

pendrillionpendrillion Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I just wanted to place my discontent with the current handling of how R&D projects work. If we undertake a Project at level 15 to craft a Mark XII item, we'll get a chance of WHITE trash item, after investing 4K Dilithium into a Isoliniear Chip. After all the Dilithiums sinks that exist, and all the price raising for Ships. At least consider giving us a Blue by default for our investments. Its an insolence.

I understand that there must be limits to what can be put out there, for ingame economy protection and various other reasons that a Free to play game has to revolve around. Yet it feels like a smack to ones face. After all we don't get that high in R&D levels in a forthnight. Also after I was master crafter already before the R&D overhaul.

Just thought you should know. I probably beat a dead horse...

Comments

• robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Ito craft a Mark XII item, we'll get a chance of WHITE trash item,
    Why would you even want to craft a mk xii item?
    Craft mk ii. You're guaranteed purple, and when upgrading to mk xii you get extra chance of hitting ultra rare or epic.

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    First and foremost;
    robin74 wrote: »
    Why would you even want to craft a mk xii item?
    Craft mk ii. You're guaranteed purple, and when upgrading to mk xii you get extra chance of hitting ultra rare or epic.
    This.
    The only things you should craft at mk12 are the ones you can't otherwise like omni-beams, pep-torp, conductive rcs, etc.

And second, what doffs are you using? Pretty sure I've never ever gotten a white mk12 item at crafting level 15, ever.
    Might be pure "luck" or because every doff below blue ends up in fleet projects (if green then first traded in for 3 whites and then donated ;) ).
  • cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I would call this a broken and terrible system then. With what I hav read you are saying that the whole R & D system is so bad you shouldn't even worry about leveling any of it past level 5 then. That is sad no matter how you look at it. I miss Memory Alpha now, at least we knew what we were going to get.