test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

P-jem temporal probe ?

dreddrmdreddrm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
cant see the temporal probe i know where its supposed to be right side of temple top of hill by some crates i have the mission investigate the temp probe ect and this is new ToS toon its just not there please let me know am i blind or stupid lol

Comments

• scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    i figured thesy r always in a different spot so.... no1 can tell u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    I can't find it either is it bugged?
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • tsrcenturustsrcenturus Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I've swept the surface twice trying to find it. Nothing.
    Centurus
    The Starfleet Renegades

"If you didn't get your ship from me, you probably didn't get the 100,000 light year warranty."
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    I've been all over the area and also can't find it. Guess it's bugged. *sigh*
  • tsrcenturustsrcenturus Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Found it on the 3rd try. I found mine around the first structure at the top of the hill, off to the side. It appears as a fire red distortion at first.
    Centurus
    The Starfleet Renegades

"If you didn't get your ship from me, you probably didn't get the 100,000 light year warranty."
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    I have moved to the maps of a few players who are on this mission and found it each time. If anyone is currently experiencing an issue and is on the map, pm me your character@handle and I will verify that it it is present.
  • damocles2209damocles2209 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Having the same issue. Tried PMing you, Spartan, but it's saying you don't exist.
    Having the same issue. Tried PMing you, Spartan, but it's saying you don't exist.

PM me in-game, Sparty@UniversalSpartan

• dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I also can't find the P'Jem probe, and I'm on my second replay and over an hour and a half search...I'm getting frustrated.
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
    edited July 2016
    I've put in a request to our content team that we put these closer to the normally walked path so that they're easier to find, for this mission specifically.
  • dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    thank you, I mean I know its a bother, but I love these kind of events, they're like easter egg hunts.
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
  • timberwolf#2067 timberwolf Member Posts: 49 Media Corps
    I'm not seeing one on Reuglus IV during the Kuvah'magh mission....seriously been up and down the planet multple times
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    CrypticSpartan, are tricorders supposed to not pick up on these?
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    I'm not seeing one on Reuglus IV during the Kuvah'magh mission....seriously been up and down the planet multple times

Me to. I can hear some sort of sound effect, similar to a space buoy which fades in and out. I assume it's the probe but have yet to find it.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • teddybirdteddybird Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just had this on Pjem, went in reply after i missed it first time and ended up here after not being able to find it at all. Is this bugged or just well hidden?
  • triptuckerviitriptuckervii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    A better thing than moving it (unless it really is bugged) would be to have it show up properly on scans, like crates and anomalies do. Because that thing is very well-hidden if not.

Edit: At this point, I'm just waiting until after today's patch/maintenance, see if that helps. To be honest, hiding it is fine as long as there's some kind of pointer or clue.
  • shahademshahadem Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I've put in a request to our content team that we put these closer to the normally walked path so that they're easier to find, for this mission specifically.

This doesn't go far enough. They should be locateable via the tricorder. Making players have to go through so many needle in the haystack searches to get a trait they are obligated to acquire because it gives such a high permanent bonus isn't fair for your players. This is a double plus unfun activity that we shouldn't have to do because it isn't fun in any way. The trait should have either been temporary or should not have been died to horrendous needle in the haystack searches.

An easter egg hunt here or there is fine, but not having to do this many. My free time is valuable and I shouldn't have to expend it on this TRIBBLE. ANd yes I am obligated to waste my time on this TRIBBLE because it provides a permanent bonus.
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I've found the probe, just can't seem to solve it even though I am fairly certain that I have solved it.

Edit: Never mind, I seem to have solved it wrong.
    I have moved to the maps of a few players who are on this mission and found it each time. If anyone is currently experiencing an issue and is on the map, pm me your character@handle and I will verify that it it is present.

It is definitely not there. I've gone up there to where it is supposed to be and the tricorder doesn't detect it. I'll try again after maintenance.
    Could those who have found it tell those of us who can't where it's supposed to be? Because vague "Over by that house, somewhere"-type descriptions doesn't really help on a cluttered map like P'Jem with all the dang jungle.
  • dreddrmdreddrm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i have now tried getting this with 2 new Tos toons and dropped reaquired mission several times but its just not there pleaSE can we get the tricorder to point at them atleast
    edited July 2016
    Could those who have found it tell those of us who can't where it's supposed to be? Because vague "Over by that house, somewhere"-type descriptions doesn't really help on a cluttered map like P'Jem with all the dang jungle.

BIG EDIT!

I finally found it! It's at the bottom of the hill AFTER you confront the Undine and engage a group of klingons. See the image below...

MzJA9HN.jpg
  • alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Am I supposed to be getting something in the mission log to tell me I have to look for these probes? 'Cos I have nothing :(

EDIT - Nevermind. It updated after I beamed up & back. I do agree with the posts above though that these probes ought to be getting picked up by my tricorder
  • myopicaardymyopicaardy Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The probe is definitely moving because it's not where that picture shows it on my map
    edited July 2016
    It's definitely moving. For me it was by the IDIC symbol just below where you fight the Undine (as you come up the hill)

http://imgur.com/vxfzDEL
  • primewardprimeward Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I can't find the temporal probe i looked around.
    primeward wrote: »

Have you beaten the Undine? Didn't appear for me until after I did that
  • myopicaardymyopicaardy Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    alfred399 wrote: »
    primeward wrote: »

Have you beaten the Undine? Didn't appear for me until after I did that

Beaten the Undine, searched the entire map (including both places highlighted in the screenshots), listened out for the probe sound. Nothing. Seems to be happening on a lot of other maps too, from what I'm reading.

Tricorder would be nice. I'm fairly certain Delta Recruit items let you use tricorders, but it's been a while, so I might have been imagining it. However, the Delta Recruit stuff was easy to find.
    Finally found mine, which was way out in the middle of nowhere, with no reason my character would have ever gone near it except for the fact I was looking for it. The minigame is basically just trial and error until you get it right, so that's no biggie, but the fact it wanders around and is different for each captain means no tricorder help makes it really fricking hard to find sometimes.
  • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Adding my frustration to this one, I've been all round the map can't locate this at all.

It really needs to able to locate it with the tricorder like the Iconian tech was in Delta Recuit.
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg