test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It just seems... Wrong?

I dunno...

I knew they were looking into using the actual dialog from the shows to allow for missions to interact with the events of those episodes, but seeing it here, it just seems kind of... wrong. It's just off. It seems like they're just tossing quotes at us that don't really seem to fit. Granted, the audio sounds bad because it was from a show in the 60's, but it doesn't even fit the dialog they're given or it just seems forced. Using the original dialog like this just seems wrong to me. It doesn't help that some of the dialog done just for the expansion is also bad at times, but this game has never really had VO as a strong point.

With all of the other issues I'm actually a little surprised at how much this stood out to me as a bothersome issue.

I'm getting a lot of bugs, very specifically in the animations. Weird timing things like killing a guy, having them stare at me or attack me for a second or two, the remembering their dead and suddenly falling like they just received a roundhouse kick to the face. Weapons appearing and disappearing mid shot, my clothes loading in last, faces giving these weird mouth movements when talking, rolling on a single tap rather than double, and so much more. A lot more, which is sad, given that I've only played the first few bits, but the VO just doesn't fit at all in terms of tone, context, or delivery.

What about you guys? Any opinions on this or is it just me?

Comments

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Agreed... the VO clips do seem out of place. Very out of place.
    As far as other animation glitches... the fun one I keep seeing, is the enemies don't drop... they just stand there, staring at you... Creepy...
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Creepy...

That's a great way to put it. The new content just seems creepy so far. Between the bugs, the odd looking characters/enemies, and the haze 60's tv effects, this new stuff does kind of have a creepy feel to it.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    So far I'm loving it. I saw a couple small glitches here and there. But nothing major. About the same as the rest of the game where VOs seem to come and go as they please.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Yeah, the expansion is ultra-retro. But that's the point of it. It really shows how rich the IP is.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm playing this game...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Another looking at a free 'gift horse in the mouth' to complain.
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Is anyone else having Depth of Field problems? Where the foreground character is blurry and the background is in focus?
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    scarling wrote: »
    Is anyone else having Depth of Field problems? Where the foreground character is blurry and the background is in focus?

Think it's intended. They're trying to reproduce the effect Roddenberry used to soften the face of a cast members during close-ups in TOS. The only problem is that Roddenberry mainly used it on female cast members, I think it's over used in STO.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Another looking at a free 'gift horse in the mouth' to complain.

Have you seen the mouths on these people? Mainly in the pop up windows, they're mouths are all crazy, like they're pursing their lips but the mouths are still talking. On one, Scotty's teeth and gums were way too low, so during said pursing, his gums were were his tongue would be.

A free horse is one thing, but an unwanted horse for a dilapidated track, who just happens to be visibly disease ridden is something to complain about. You don't drop a dead horse off to some one and tell them to stop complaining because it was free.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I just wish they hadn't removed the thing where the TOS pistols ALWAYS vaporize when they kill ... was looking forward to waving my blue eraser beam around :(
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png