test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday Maintenance [July 6th, 2016]

13»

Comments

• aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    nikolunus wrote: »
    So only one question why not able to start a Caitian Captain for AOY? They were already members of the Federation at that time, and shown a member of the bridge crew in the Animated Series.

Agreed. #TASforSTO
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »
    So only one question why not able to start a Caitian Captain for AOY? They were already members of the Federation at that time, and shown a member of the bridge crew in the Animated Series.

Animated series is non-canon. Caitians are introduced in the 4th film and there are Saurians and Rigelians too, introduced in the first film.
    Trill were also part of the federation at the time. Crurzon Dax was a federation ambassador during the 23rd century and knew several character from TOS and met McCoy, before he became a doctor, on Earth when it was Emony Dax.

animated series was never cannon according to Gene that is one reason, the other is we never saw them in ToS and we only have the species that were seen in the series.

Yes, The Animated series is canon. It was added back in 2006 by the IP holders, and by many established rules of Star Trek canon, makes it canon.
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    captsol wrote: »
    So, counting all the missions on Tribble plus these two new missions that makes a total of 10 new missions in AoY and two PvE Battles, correct?

I'm getting 11 episodes, unless you're not including The Taurean Affair, since it's the tutorial.

The Taurean Affair
    In the Shadow of Cestus
    Painful Omens
    Return to Babel
    Tangled Webs
    Battle of Caleb IV
    The Core of the Matter
    Vorgon Conclusions
    Terminal Expanse
    Temporal Reckoning
    Ragnarok

Not a lot, but I'll reserve judgement on that until I see how expansive and ambitious they are, and whether that ambition was executed well.

That's one small expansion. Not even half the size at all of the other two before it

Delta Rising only had a few episodes when it was released, but more were added after that.
  • dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    Even if nothing else is added after launch I still want the ability to travel back to the TOS-era Sector Space.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    AoY today this is where im at
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7MoXPxA5LM

• neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    captsol wrote: »
    So, counting all the missions on Tribble plus these two new missions that makes a total of 10 new missions in AoY and two PvE Battles, correct?

I'm getting 11 episodes, unless you're not including The Taurean Affair, since it's the tutorial.

The Taurean Affair
    In the Shadow of Cestus
    Painful Omens
    Return to Babel
    Tangled Webs
    Battle of Caleb IV
    The Core of the Matter
    Vorgon Conclusions
    Terminal Expanse
    Temporal Reckoning
    Ragnarok

Not a lot, but I'll reserve judgement on that until I see how expansive and ambitious they are, and whether that ambition was executed well.

That's one small expansion. Not even half the size at all of the other two before it
    the stories in each mission are pretty darn good however allowing you to somewhat partake in cannonical moments in Star Trek across all the eras from ENT to Voy
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    Are we there yet, or is time still relative for this update?

:p
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

Meh, these days I'd rather have something smaller and more focused than broad, expansive, and therefore rife with filler. Provided these are good missions I don't have a problem getting 11 in one go.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    nadiezja wrote: »
    The expansion isn't meant to feel like the TOS films (which released decades after the end of the show and have two very distinct looks-and-feels, neither of which is anything like the show); it's meant to feel like the show.
    The first film was released in 1979 - one decade after the end of the live action series, but just 5 years after the animated series which itself ran two seasons on Saturday morning. (And not disagreeing with you on the fact the expansion isn't meant to feel like the films; but it was not all that long a period between no Sta Trek on TV and the first feature film.) ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    vosoros wrote: »
    Are we there yet, or is time still relative for this update?

:p
    Patience - don't jinx this and cause extended maintainance!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff. Meh, I hate temporal mechanics.

:pensive:
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    "Reordered the Reputation projects to have Events at the top and the most current Reputation listed just below Events followed by the newest to oldest Reputation at the bottom."

OK, Events then most recently added makes sense. But why not just put the rest in alphabetical order?

I'm fine with this change, but it reminds me of another issue ... the order (or lack thereof) that our bridge officers are displayed.

I'd love to always see the bridge officers listed in alphabetical order except for the bridge officers we've selected for our default away team (which should be in alphabetical order directly under the player's character). That way we can still quickly equip ground gear during away team missions and still quickly locate other bridge officers in our list.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »
    Delta Rising only had a few episodes when it was released, but more were added after that.
    Delta Rising had the entire Delta Quadrant story added. The story missions that were released after were Iconian War missions.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I wounder how much longer it is gonna be? I am looking forward to playing this.
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Can't wait to try out the new episodes :smile:

(liking the new forum background, btw)
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    I wounder how much longer it is gonna be? I am looking forward to playing this.

lets see 9:30 is when it supposed to go back up , so i would round that up by another 1 hour maybe 2
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    If all things go to plan (and I've got my timezones right) it's only about another 20 mins
  • eltecheltech Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Patching now, launcher shows green.​​
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    IS LIVE CHOO CHOO
This discussion has been closed.