test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So the Stats are out for the KTprise and it's a T-6.

2»

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    CBS/Paramount and Cryptic did an study of the T6 Constitution 'ban' and determined in the final analysis that $$$$$$$$, won out.

I have always been fascinated where people take various proper nouns, truncate it, and add a 'y' or 'ie' to the end. The problem is, I don't know when the 'y' is appropriate or the 'ie' needs to be used.

Why Connie and not Conny? Or Sovy and not Sovie? I really don't want to make a mistake and break protocol. ;)

I like Connie myself, cause it's an actual legit spelling for a real name.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I think the oldest instance of this that I know of for sure is calling Indiana Jones Indy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starshipserenitystarshipserenity Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    ioneon wrote: »
    My theory is that they'll release a T-6 26th century connie-ish ship for the anniversary in September and will allow it to be skinned with the TOS (and possibly TMP era) Connie. More or less exactly what they did with the 26th century ships in the AOY pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhG8Ry-L3IQ

Through breaking waves and vicious storms /
    Against lightning's fury and thunder's scorn /
    Only through fire is order forged /
    WIth vibrant glory /
    A sword
    =/\=

I.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1664
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    Connie. Sov. Prommie. Bug.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Ok fine the Neu Trek people get their KTprise. Yea for them... That said given that the KT universe Constitution is a T-6 with 4 and 4 mounts along with 4 tac slots why oh why isn't the Prime universe updated to at least a 3 and 3 and 3 tac and say a T-4 for the TOS and T-6 for the Refit/Enterprise class 1701-A? If you ever take a look at the Studio model or the films she had 3 phaser turrets each being dual emitter and on the recently restored actual Enterprise a cannon turret on the lower saucer dome. Please Devs give some love to the Prime Constitution it's the right thing to do!

What the heck is a "Neu"? There is ony one Trek and no need to coin a new term into it. Prob just lazy to write NEW? or you creating your own trend?tiger-2.gif​​

More to the question why the hell this bugs you? Oh wait I know you are a small narrow minded tight TRIBBLE with nothing better to do then troll forums.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    "I can't think of a single T6 ship with a T1 equivalent. T2/T3, that's a different story"

The B'rel.
  • venarravenarra Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    My issue is simple: It doesn't fit in the T6 category. None of the JJverse ships do. They lag in technology by 200 years. If the deves had explained that these vessels where captured by the Lobi Consortium and retrofit with prime universe technology, I might buy it. But they did say that. They simply stated the "Time line is more military". If that is so, then the thing is technically a T2-3 "battlecruiser": one additional forward weapon mount and maybe another tactical console slot. The Kelvin universe cruiser is *not* a T6. And calling it a Constitution class is an insult to original and refitted one. Call it the Kelvin Class Battlecruiser, make it T3 so new players get a cool new ship.

As for the Vengeance, you need to give credit where credit it is due: It is a Star Empire class Dreadnought. So much of Into Darkness was *Stolen* from Diane Carey's book _Dreadnought_ that I believe you might see an IP suit over it.

The Vengeance was a one of kind ship and it was destroyed. It shouldn't be in the game as T6 *unless* temporal agents stole the design from the Kelvin Timeline and built the ship from the ground up using all technology available in this timeline.

I just want know how much pressure did Paramount and CBS put on Cryptic to add these ships and timeline to the game.