test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange malfunction.

kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
Thursday, June 30th, at about 3:30, the following thing happened. I tried to list a Hirogen Apex Battle Cruiser on the exchange. This happened very quickly, but I will explain it slowly to give detail. I clicked on the ship, held the button down and dragged it to the window. When I let go of the button, the Hirogen Apex Battle Cruiser disappeared! I said "What happened to the ship?", and looked at my inventory. It wasn't there, so I frantically checked my items for sale. It was gone. Immediately, I got a PM, saying that my ship was bought on the exchange for a paltry 28,999 EC, the price of the last item I had listed. I never hit the "post" button. In fact, it happened so fast, I never had the chance to change the price. The going rate for that ship is about 200,000,000 EC. I sent in a ticket right away, but I haven't heard anything. (I PM'ed the buyer, and not surprisingly, I got no response.) Cryptic, do me a favor. May I please have the ship back? Or, can I have the balance of the energy credits? It took me months to save up those credits. One more detail; soon after this happened, I shut off the game. Right away, another large download started. This was in addition to the weekly Thursday morning update that I had already downloaded before playing.

Comments

• sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    I can't help you with the ship issue, but I can confirm that large download was the pre-patch for Agents of Yesterday, almost every single player in the game will have the same patch to install, it's reduces the load on the servers if they do it know as opposed to waiting til the 6th July to do it, when everyone is trying to log on.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Thanks, but the download is a minor thing. I only mentioned it in case it had something to do with the glitch.
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    Hate to say it, but your cursor may have gotten too close to the "post" button when you let go of the mouse button and the game accepted it as a click.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
    @sohtoh Thanks for the help, but I just tested your theory and was unable to produce the same result. I tried several times. Each time, the item would appear back in my inventory or would be waiting for me to hit the "post" button. In fact, this test is further proof that what happened was a glitch.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    1. do you use keybinds for the game or other programs ?
    2. contact support above from the page. not from inside the game. sometimes the tickets don't send from there . tell them you give permission to them to look into your acc. date (because this permission would be the next thing they would ask of you) give them also the char name @handle of the buyer and yours and the image of the item sold msj.
    3. if the buyer doesn't respond to you send me also his @handle privat and the image of the item sold msj

keep in mind normaly the exc. would not give such a error
    you can check the supports response via your mail and answer from there back or from the support page!
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    @sohtoh Thanks for the help, but I just tested your theory and was unable to produce the same result. I tried several times. Each time, the item would appear back in my inventory or would be waiting for me to hit the "post" button. In fact, this test is further proof that what happened was a glitch.

It was just a thought considering the lag that pops up from time to time
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
    @garaks31 1) I don't use keybinds, mods or anything else with the game. I didn't even have any other windows open. I was just running the game, vanilla style. (I guess I'm a boring and simple guy that way.)
    2 and 3) I will definitely do this. Thanks for the advice. But, how do I get a screenshot? I am guessing screenshots taken in game are done by hitting the "PrintScr" button, but where do they get saved to? Thankfully, I still have the item sold message.

edited July 2016
    open paint ctrl+v ,what i meant with other program is do your use keybinds for other programs on your comp. i guess not
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Sorry about the loss and I hope Devs do get back to you and restore the lost value of the item or the item itself. Also, thanks for the heads up about setting the listed price before even dragging anything of considerable value into there in case this ugly bug does show itself as you mention.

I've run into such bugs before that aren't acknowledged, such as mailing items to myself (with auto-completed name meaning 0% chance of typo) only to have them never turn up at the other end. Even now I hear of people mailing each other expensive stuff thinking it is all safe, but it isn't as I've lost items like that at least 2 times now. I've also had a gold beam (plain R&D AP, not fluidic/herald/voth - back before these were still char bound) with great mods turn char bind in the upgrade process, something that should be impossible considering I bought it off the exchange like the other 6 and did not acquire it from any mission with the exact same mods as the rest since they were at UR already.

More recently, I've lost yet more important mails since speed-deleting multiple items sometimes results in the mail selection going backwards (selecting messages above instead of below), so I now have to set the window in the middle and watch for mail above and below. Only a matter of time until people lose super expensive items when they pop up in mail out of the exchange and it scrolls up over them as they delete the endless stream of "item sold."

If all that wasn't enough, there's been yet another inventory bug, which I've submitted, where we cannot reliably drag items out of the inventory, especially if the items are on the very borders. This may not be something major, except for when you sell a lot of items and have to fight with this worthless pile of ^#$^@^@#$ UI.

None of this has been fixed, or acknowledged. If anything, Cryptic's banking on such bugs and letting them accumulate. It is completely irresponsible.

One other thing I have to mention, just in case there's any possibility of it, is many mice switches have double-click issues. Although you said you had let go of the mouse, the way the double-click issue works is it fails to register the continuous press and instead sends a 'click-unclick-click-unclick' when you held then released it. All it would have taken is for that to have occurred at the exact time the mouse cursor may have hovered over the post field and then immediately the post button. If it isn't your mouse switch, perhaps some UI bug that I've described earlier is messing with the exchange fields as well, failing to register the mouse hold and interpreting it as a fresh click.

Just a thought, but good luck in getting your stuff back since you clearly did nothing wrong or in error.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    garaks31 wrote: »
    open paint ctrl+v

This didn't work. Maybe I am not taking the screenshot right? Do you just hit the "PrntScr" button, or am I supposed to do something else?
    just hit prntscrn open paint and ctrlv+v or after prntscrn look up here c:\ ... \Star Trek Online\Live\Screenshots
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    or just disable AntiAliasing in options temporarily, then in chat type /screenshot_UI_Jpg and it will save a copy directly in the game's folder named screenshots of whatever is on your screen at the time.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    garaks31 wrote: »
    just hit prntscrn open paint and ctrlv+v or after prntscrn look up here c:\ ... \Star Trek Online\Live\Screenshots
    Thanks again for your help. Can you be a little more clear with the file path? I couldn't find anything with "Star Trek Online\Live\Screenshots".
    search for Star Trek Online under c: then find \Live\Screenshots
    I'm still not finding it.
    edited July 2016
    do you connect to the game through arc ,steam or alone ?

C:\Star Trek Online_en
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Trek Online_en
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arc\ ...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\\Star Trek Online_en
    C:\Program Files\Star Trek Online_en
    Post edited by garaks31 on
    Ok, now we are getting somewhere. I found the folder, which contained three very old screenshots. So, I went back into the game and pressed "PrntScr", and nothing new appeared in the folder. Is there another way to take a screenshot? Hopefully there's a simple hotkey or something. Note that the "PrntScr" button worked for another game just fine.
    I just wanted to post an update on this issue. I have been trading emails with the Cryptic Game Master staff. I have been offered no compensation for this issue. They are calling it an "exchange listing error", and saying they are "unable" to replace the ship. I gave them the time and date of the incident and permission to look into my account. Just now, I sent them another email. We'll see what they say. I know one thing. I'm glad I didn't spend cash in the z store with the intent of listing the items on the exchange. Since (so far) Cryptic is showing that they don't refund exchange glitches, I won't be taking risks with real money to try to sell things on the exchange.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I learned a long time ago to never leave an EC amount in the Price box after listing an item.
    Same thing happened to me, but on a some what less expensive item.

Live & Learn..., it's not fair, but it sure leaves a lasting impression.
    <shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif