test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - JUNE 29, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160618a.10.

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

General:
  • Painful Omens:
    • Resolved an issue where some Infected NPC's are not displaying "stunned" state correctly.
    • Resolved an issue where teamed players could get stuck in a turbolift on the Engineering level.
    • Resolved an issue where if the player was standing in the waypoint for Duotronic Relay before Scotty is done, it wouldn’t update.
  • Tutorial:
    • Resolved an issue where captured crewmen could be attacked by the Klingons.
    • Resolved an issue where beam in and out FX were incorrect.
    • Changed tutorial contact order so you answer Yes I would like to replay instead of Yes I would like to skip.
  • Vorgon Conclusions:
    • The NPC ships are now from the correct time era.
    • The NPC characters have the correct time era uniforms.
  • Days of Doom:
    • The damage and repel caused by getting too close to the mouth of the Doomsday Machine no longer instantly kills (but still hurts like crazy!) and has a shorter range.
    • Starbase should now actually not regenerate.
  • Temporal Reputation:
    • Hooked up the rest of the icons.
  • Temporal Captain Specialization:
    • The teleport component of "Temporal Rebuke" has been replaced with a 4sec Stun/Hold.
    • The teleport and threat wipe components of "Continuity" will no longer apply if the user is affected by Threatening Stance. All other effects remain unchanged.
    • Updating the long description of Channeled Deconstruction to reflect how it now applies entropy every 2 seconds, down from 3.
  • Temporal Operative Bridge Officer:
    • Chronometric Inversion Field:
      • Increased core damage values by 50%
      • Increased potency of Slow and Weaken effects Entropic Redistribution
      • Now deals a scaling amount of damage to secondary targets, based on the amount of Entropy spread
    • Spread Decay - Now deals a scaling amount of damage to secondary targets, based on the amount of Entropy.
  • Romulans now play the Romulan beam out sound when logging in, instead of the Fed sound.
  • MACO uniform - unifying color pallette, restricting to only Starfleet.
  • All TOS Uniforms are now titled with “23c”.
  • Added TOS security team classes to the Away Team drop-down.
  • T1 Constitution class player ship phasers now have an additional damage mod so it now matches its Blue quality level.
    • It is still leveless until level 50.
  • Updated long description on Temporal Rift Stabilizer (Paradox Console) to replace "Any Temporal Starship" with appropriate list of class restrictions.
  • Fixed typo in multiple locations that referred to the Annorax as a "Science Destroyer" instead of "Science Dreadnought" as appropriate.
  • Hooked up the rest of the icons for the Temporal Operative captain specialization and Bridge Officers.
  • The free TOS era EV suit in the episode “Tangled Webs” has had an art update.
    • The previous more canon style will still be available to purchase in the C-Store when Agents of Yesterday launches.
  • Cutscenes throughout the new content have had updates.
  • VO has been added throughout the new Agents of Yesterday content.
  • A number of general updates have been made to environment art through the new Agents of Yesterday content.
  • Resolved an issue where many emotes would not play.

Known Issues:
  • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The previous more canon style will still be available to purchase in the C-Store when Agents of Yesterday launches.
    Cool! No need to get the $125 pack for it! BTW, will that be a costume or a true EV suit? The temporal pack blog is kinda ambiguous about it.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    Great fixes! I never thought the Romulan login sound would be fixed, and yet here we are, haha.

Just checked, and noticed that TOS boffs can now be assigned to away teams properly. Thanks. :) TOS boffs still can't be selected as department heads, though.

The beam-out cutscene timing for TOS characters is also still a little odd, in that the cutscene cuts off less than a second after the shimmering actually starts.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Return to Babel can now be completed but it still has a few quirks, namely:

-now your away team follows you (awkwardly, even) after you beam on the Enterprise while they're supposed to stay in the armory with Chekov until you come back.
    -Chekov's "we can't disarm the bomb, Scotty" line is replaced by Scotty's "that got'em" during the related cutscene
    -in the same cutscene, Chekov doesn't appear to be beamed to the Orion ship, yet his temporal item still drops for Scotty to collect it.
    -Ensign Chekov and the other Lt in front of Uhura on the Enterprise's bridge are standing up on their chairs
    -Even if you're in the 25th century, finishing the mission still sends you in the 23rd century map with 25th century ESD control telling you you're not supposed to leave Federation space:
    9900_20160630005000_1.png
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • anobroanobro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    No fix at the problem with promoting form Admiral Qiunn, don't get my Shiptokens, still stuck on the Tier 2 Ship. Pls fix that.
  • x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User

Wait... what?

U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm noticing issues where previous TOS Missions (Notably Night Of The Comet and Past Imperfect) are still using the old, ugly D7 skins rather than the sleek new AoY ones. The odd part is they use the new AoY TOS Style weapon pack, and the Enterprise is the new skin, but not the D7s.

Also, will we be able to get the TOS weapons (Paired Phaser Beams, Cannons, Torpedoes, etc) at purple quality. It would be nice if TOS Chars could be able to craft these weapons. (P.S. Upgrading for quality ups is pure luck, and often costs hundreds of thousands of Dilithium just to get one item to go up in quality once at Mk XIV).

Also, my TOS bridge officers (not sure if the others are) are appearing in their pose in their dialogue menus in space, often giving me a chest level camera, rather than the correct headshot like other NPCs).
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
    The TOS EV Suit will be a real EV suit that can be purchased one at a time in the C-Store when Agents of Yesterday launches. There will also be one available to each character on an account if the Temporal Special Agent Pack is purchased.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    The Pioneer insignia/mission patches are missing from the nurses uniform, I noticed that T'Met was missing them when I tried updating her uniform.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    The TOS EV Suit will be a real EV suit that can be purchased one at a time in the C-Store when Agents of Yesterday launches. There will also be one available to each character on an account if the Temporal Special Agent Pack is purchased.

Sick. :smiley:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • cobanatorcobanator Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    So this is the 5th patch now that I havent been able to log in without it crashing for me. I keep getting this error: 160630 01:35:02 2 InvalidType[1]: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: F:/Program Files (x86)/Star Trek Online/Star Trek Online/Playtest/piggs/data.hogg: animation_library/StarTrekMale02/Scale/STM_Scale_Physique_02.atrk:
    160630 01:35:02 3 InvalidType[1]: Read wrong number of bytes: F:/Program Files (x86)/Star Trek Online/Star Trek Online/Playtest/piggs/data.hogg: animation_library/StarTrekMale02/Scale/STM_Scale_Physique_02.atrk: 13
    I have also ran it in safe mode and force verify but it still does it.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    I'm not sure which patch it was in, but I just wanted to send a shout out to the art team for putting in different ship patches for the TOS uniforms. That was a very cool canon touch, nice job!
  • eaganjeaganj Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    • VO has been added throughout the new Agents of Yesterday content.

Hello there, Vic Mignogna!
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    TOS Bridge officers, though they can be promoted with no problems, their uniforms don't have any other options than the starting rank in the tailor; namely that of Lieutenant Junior Grade.

Also, I'm unable to assign TOS Bridge Officers as department heads in the Duty Officer screen. The department head tabs are greyed-out.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    x3of9 wrote: »

Wait... what?

My thoughts as well. When do Romulans get their own factional armor then?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »

Wait... what?

Likely never because Romulans don't make Cryptic money. ;)
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    captsol wrote: »

Wait... what?

That's a laugh. Have you not been in a queued event, or gone anywhere near New Romulus? Because Scimitars (Romulan, C-Store) are everywhere, the crit abusers love them. Although I have seen less of them recently, but I have been avoiding their common Borg queue haunts because I'm sick of having someone abuse crits to do around 10k a beam shot and wipe everything before anyone else gets a chance to shoot.

Making MACO armour (costume or item, it doesn't matter) Fed Exclusive seems to just TRIBBLE any Romulan who sided Fed. A Romulan has every right to be an honourary MACO as much as they have to be an honourary Honour Guard in the KDF (like Gorn, Nausicaan, and pretty much every Non-Klingon in the KDF does).

Roms and KDF are both rather screwed on the outfit front though. The outfits they do get are very samey with little customisation options. The only way to get something else is to get a Boxed-Outfit, which cost a fortune to any normal person and are One Character only. To be honest, in my eyes, Roms are better off than the KDF outfit wise, as the few outfits they get can be a wider range of colours than the very limited palette KDF ones (Bortasqu uniform is the worst offender, it may have the full KDF palette, but is pretty much either black or grey no matter what you do to it, shame as it's a very nice uniform, it just has a very weird way of applying colour).
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    captsol wrote: »

Wait... what?

That's a laugh. Have you not been in a queued event, or gone anywhere near New Romulus? Because Scimitars (Romulan, C-Store) are everywhere, the crit abusers love them. Although I have seen less of them recently, but I have been avoiding their common Borg queue haunts because I'm sick of having someone abuse crits to do around 10k a beam shot and wipe everything before anyone else gets a chance to shoot.

Making MACO armour (costume or item, it doesn't matter) Fed Exclusive seems to just **** any Romulan who sided Fed. A Romulan has every right to be an honourary MACO as much as they have to be an honourary Honour Guard in the KDF (like Gorn, Nausicaan, and pretty much every Non-Klingon in the KDF does).

Roms and KDF are both rather screwed on the outfit front though. The outfits they do get are very samey with little customisation options. The only way to get something else is to get a Boxed-Outfit, which cost a fortune to any normal person and are One Character only. To be honest, in my eyes, Roms are better off than the KDF outfit wise, as the few outfits they get can be a wider range of colours than the very limited palette KDF ones (Bortasqu uniform is the worst offender, it may have the full KDF palette, but is pretty much either black or grey no matter what you do to it, shame as it's a very nice uniform, it just has a very weird way of applying colour).

That might all be true but Cryptic has still said several times the reason why Romulans and Klingons only get ships in Bundle Packs with Federation ships is because they simply don't make enough money off them. I imagine it's very much the same with Romulan/Klingon costumes, likely even moreso because aside from looking cool they don't have any game basis. Cryptic's focus is on things that pew-pew players want to play with so outfits are an afterthought especially for the non-primary factions.
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I've been wondering, are we going to see Bank, Exchange, and Mail consoles in the TOS era ESD? Also do we find out what happens to K-13 in one of the episodes we haven't seen yet?
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    I would expect K-13 to show up in a future episode, give us a chance to rescue those who got left behind.
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I would expect K-13 to show up in a future episode, give us a chance to rescue those who got left behind.

Agreed. Daniels's dialogue at the end of "Painful Omens" seems to set that up nicely, plus the appearance of the station in the 25th century couldn't possibly be a coincidence.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    Guess some things we'll find out on release day?
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    i asked in a past patch notes bit will TOS toons ever get to go back to the 23rd century ESD for say future missions so we can get more contact with garrett as quinn gets boring after a while
    The True King In The North
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Thank you, coldnapped :)