test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Al Rivera notes from Tribbles in Ecstasy

Comments

• Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Klingon population of player is really small.

The number of players that use transphasic torpedos, mines, and proton damage in any substantial way is really small, too.

What do all these things have in common? Hmm... I wonder...
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Hmmm, nothing about the TOS faction being as much of a faction as Romulans are, then?
    Post edited by sunfrancks on
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    apulse wrote: »
    Interesting points from Al Rivera on Tribble on Ecstasy Podcast.
    https://www.twitch.tv/holosuitemedia/v/75702237
    • Mine Trap is coming back, they are working on it now.

Wooot!!!
    The question is: will it be 5 man, 10 man or 20 man.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    On the 'Bajoran' issue, I don't think about it either, because frankly I find the way Trek writers portray some races to be ridiculous. Their attitude is 'ALL Klingons are obsessed with honor, ALL Bajorans are religious, ALL Ferengi are greedy etc etc.

They give the species a particular characteristic and make that the defining characteristic of the entire race. It's pretty sad really.

Except it wasn't really all that pronounced. It didn't really feel to me as if most of Kira's comrades for example were particularly religious.

But planet of hats is certainly a Trek phenomen. Because these species are parables to humans, not real aliens.
    Star Wars has its mono-climatic worlds, Trek mono-cultural worlds. ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    [*] Klingon population of player is really small.

Have to say this is a false statement. there actually is a large amount of kdf players. al just choses to ovelook them. he is on the assumption that if he doesnt look at them they dont exist. really wish they would fire him.

I believe he was talking from a statistical point of view. I'm just throwing out numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if for every one KDF player there were ten Federation players.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    He thinks if you ignore them long enough they make fed alts

I will never make a fed. If they make it to where I cant play kdf anymore I will just go spend my money elsewhere.

And me,,,,,

• Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

um, did you ever even watch the show???

TOS: Kirk and Enterprise come up against alien threat/alien women/etc. it's almost never the "Fire all phasers" that wins-it's almost always "Outthink them because they can kick our **** without a sweat".

TNG: Planet-of-the-week, exploring cultural concepts-that's advancing understanding, not bindly shooting at everything you encounter and being promoted based on your kill scores.

DS9: most of the Dominion War, Sisko had to Kirk it-that is, he had to use bluff, and clever manipulation, occasionally backing up a threat-but agian, even in the most combat-combat heavy episodes, The Sisko didn't win the battle with his guns, he won it with his mind.

Voyager: Janeway was an Idiot.

Enterprise: Get in Trouble, get lectured by T'Pol, get out of dodge/out of trouble. Understanding came from **** up and finding desperate solutions, not from having the most advanced weapons suite in the area and a trigger-happy weapons officer.

Do you see any of those except the idiot ball anywhere in STO?? HONESTLY???

Klingon War: Go kill a lot of people, get fooled with by an undine, then kill more people and kill him.
    Romulan Mystery: shoot people, sneak around and shoot people, don't sneak around and shoot people, oh, and shoot people. Hit "F" a lot. (and look, we removed the only morally questionable mission that might've led to an actual STAR TREK situation!!)
    Cardassian Arc: Shoot people, shoot people shoot LOTS of people, hit "F" shoot more people. Run around the station, kill an old man, then blow up the defense systems on it-from space.
    Breen: at least KIND OF a Star Trek storyline...finally.
    Undine Advance: go to Fluidic space, shoot things, follow a diplomat on a suicide mission, shoot things, visit a planetoid and rescue some people you didn't even know were there, shoot things. ALMOST trek-like.

Voth: DINOSAURS WITH LAZORS ON THEIR HEDZ!!
    Undine part 2: Watch everyone get Flanderized to their most ridiculous trait, Race to ESD and shoot things. Then race to Qo'noS and shoot things.

Iconian War: Klingons get the idiot ball (again). Shoot things. Lots of shooting htings. Go back in time, and ...gasp...don't shoot!

Mirror incursion: Kill, kill, kill...kill, oh, and kill.

Temporal goofiness: Let a civilization DIE, then fight the survivors. visit the Future and confirm that no matter what, the KDF and Romulans are effectively irrelevant.

Agents of Yesterday: kill, kill, kill, kill...

yeah, it's all about understanding. pull the other one, it has bells on it.

You win, IMO. Especially the bolded part about the shows.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Well, since the Rommies and the KDF aren't getting any AoY treatment, I'll just create the one AoY character for the rewards then sideline them. I won't even bother trying to get all their gear to epic or anything like that. Just do the basics that's needed.

And the KDF population is much bigger if Al just opened his eyes and looked instead of relying on the metrics (which are skewed anyway).

Edit- also forgot to mention that since the devs are writing and making everything for FEDS, it makes wanting to play KDF and Rommies that much less likely. If the Devs made EQUAL amount of content for all three factions, I promise there would be just as many players on all factions.
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    I can't listen to anything Al says. He just makes me want to quit the game when he talks.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I know this was a live interview but is there somewhere i can listen to a recording?

Was he asked about about will LTS/veterans get any updated TOS faction perks?
    What did he say?
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I know this was a live interview but is there somewhere i can listen to a recording?

Was he asked about about will LTS/veterans get any updated TOS faction perks?
    What did he say?

There are saved recordings on the twitch account if you look.

The question came up on if there will be a TOS ship reward on the LTS like the Destroyer.
    Al said that they had plans for it, but was cut because of the deadline. But he don't shuts any door that it will come at a later date.
    jarfaru wrote: »
    I can't listen to anything Al says. He just makes me want to quit the game when he talks.
    Have listen myself to many interview with Al, I think he sounds like a cool guy, and he seems very honest with his answers and take lot of time to talk with various podcast. Thats a very big plus in my book.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    • Klingon population of player is really small.

One should hope it would be, given the effort he's put into reducing it via transfer of faction-specific elements, removal of relevance, persistent lack of maintenance (bug issues) lack of promotion, unbalanced development, and a 'future' of being assimilated into the Federation wholesale already revealed.

Given the treatment, the playerbase would have to be utterly blind NOT to pick the pre-determined choice-the choice that has all the incentives, all the support, all the development and none of the neglect. Al worked hard to make sure KDF would continue to decline, it's kind of unreasonable to assume it would do anything other than drop, drop, drop...

Did he mention if we've gotten below five percent yet?

Yes I have fed characters, don't use them much, they all got to where I want them pretty quickly, I've spent more time on my kdf - romulan lately or my kdf characters because getting them to where I want them takes alot of time.
    "Just like the tv show, but a game" is not something realistic at all.

hey, I'd settle for something less-but more than what they gave us...

1. More focus on 'thinking' gameplay-Puzzles, paradoxes, options to use a different approach than "Brute in and fire at will!!" ways to 'explore' alternate routes on maps instead of running on rails, less linear missions...even different ways to get the same GENERAL outcome. (being able to use stealth and guile instead of brute force, for example...and actually having them work?) giving more puzzles to bypass defenses-maybe even as an option instead of shooting your way in, then out again? or being able to intimidate mobs and make them run off instead of having to kill them to the last man if you've got the right set of traits-for the same score (or higher)?

2. more differentiation between factions in how to resolve interactions-they actually did okay with the 2800 mission's opening mission where you were doing skullduggary on the side while doing the diplomacy as a KDF. (spy missions etc.), and again with "Of Bajor" where in addition to doing the 'everybody' parts, you're also doing things just for the KDF... but then there's the Kobali ground zone thing, where your KDF general is lectured at by a junior Starfleet Officer about how important the FEDERATION prime directive is...and no, we can't punch him or tell him to go F$ck himself (there are more incidents like that, than there are where the dialogue-with-changes actually fits anyone but a Starfleet Officer...) Faves here would be things like how your ship still drops out of cloak with every hail-because you ain't completing that mission without firing a whole lot of ordinance even though the smart move, would be to bypass the blockade while cloaked and hit the target.

Just making it less of a railroad would help gameplay immensely, or providing a genuine REASON everyone has to brute forward in plain sight to be shot at.

How about some meaningful choices beyond "Will your romulan ally with KDF (and thus, neglect) or Fed (and get all the goodies they can give him?) or different outcomes that lead to the same meta-outcome, but by different routes?

Yeah, for that kind of game play we have to go to the foundry, which suffers from a bad interface / search ability.
    And its somehow Cryptics fault that ENT did this?

The whole point of star Trek is that mutual understanding and cooperation would eventually bring EVERYONE, even the Romulans and Klingons, into the Federation

Being part of a nice, friendly galactic hug group is fine for the 29th century, we however are not playing in that time, so I for one do not see the relevance of them trying to merge the factions 400 years early.

You could argue it would shorten the development time for each episode they make.

But if that is the reason why they are feding everything now, why advertise the game as 'three factions to choose from' when it is actually one faction, an abandoned, neglected and hated on faction and alternate, expanded tutorial faction that was gimped when they launched it?
    um, did you ever even watch the show???

TOS: Kirk and Enterprise come up against alien threat/alien women/etc. it's almost never the "Fire all phasers" that wins-it's almost always "Outthink them because they can kick our **** without a sweat".

TNG: Planet-of-the-week, exploring cultural concepts-that's advancing understanding, not bindly shooting at everything you encounter and being promoted based on your kill scores.

DS9: most of the Dominion War, Sisko had to Kirk it-that is, he had to use bluff, and clever manipulation, occasionally backing up a threat-but agian, even in the most combat-combat heavy episodes, The Sisko didn't win the battle with his guns, he won it with his mind.

Voyager: Janeway was an Idiot.

Enterprise: Get in Trouble, get lectured by T'Pol, get out of dodge/out of trouble. Understanding came from **** up and finding desperate solutions, not from having the most advanced weapons suite in the area and a trigger-happy weapons officer.

Do you see any of those except the idiot ball anywhere in STO?? HONESTLY???

Klingon War: Go kill a lot of people, get fooled with by an undine, then kill more people and kill him.

Romulan Mystery: shoot people, sneak around and shoot people, don't sneak around and shoot people, oh, and shoot people. Hit "F" a lot. (and look, we removed the only morally questionable mission that might've led to an actual STAR TREK situation!!)

Cardassian Arc: Shoot people, shoot people shoot LOTS of people, hit "F" shoot more people. Run around the station, kill an old man, then blow up the defense systems on it-from space.

Breen: at least KIND OF a Star Trek storyline...finally.

Undine Advance: go to Fluidic space, shoot things, follow a diplomat on a suicide mission, shoot things, visit a planetoid and rescue some people you didn't even know were there, shoot things. ALMOST trek-like.

Voth: DINOSAURS WITH LAZORS ON THEIR HEDZ!!

Undine part 2: Watch everyone get Flanderized to their most ridiculous trait, Race to ESD and shoot things. Then race to Qo'noS and shoot things.

Iconian War: Klingons get the idiot ball (again). Shoot things. Lots of shooting htings. Go back in time, and ...gasp...don't shoot!

Mirror incursion: Kill, kill, kill...kill, oh, and kill.

Temporal goofiness: Let a civilization DIE, then fight the survivors. visit the Future and confirm that no matter what, the KDF and Romulans are effectively irrelevant.

Agents of Yesterday: kill, kill, kill, kill...

yeah, it's all about understanding. pull the other one, it has bells on it.

A lengthy but accurate review of STO game play.
    dragnridr wrote: »
    And the KDF population is much bigger if Al just opened his eyes and looked instead of relying on the metrics (which are skewed anyway).

Shhh!, he might not have noticed the active cloaks and energy signature masks ;)
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Edit- also forgot to mention that since the devs are writing and making everything for FEDS, it makes wanting to play KDF and Rommies that much less likely. If the Devs made EQUAL amount of content for all three factions, I promise there would be just as many players on all factions.

Given how they strip out anything like that when they butcher revamp stuff I think the servers will be dust before they even consider it.
    Al Rivera is the best dev ever and the players love him.

I really hope this is sarcastic...
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    and a 'future' of being assimilated into the Federation wholesale already revealed.

The whole point of star Trek is that mutual understanding and cooperation would eventually bring EVERYONE, even the Romulans and Klingons, into the Federation

An alternate timeline that the sphere builders wanted to prevent, as Daniels said. What's to say that there isn't another 'desirable' timeline that involves the federation defeating the sphere builders with Klingons and Romulans as allies, not members of the Federation? Nothing but Cryptic, that's who. Of note-It also shows a future federation that does not include the Romulans-that was all Cryptic's doing as well.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Thanks for the link, and notes you posted. When you let others do your show or movie rights. Things can get very hectic on getting them for something.

His attitude towards the KDF is really isn't good. The main reason why the group is small, is the story. The whole KDF side is all Fed like, and most of it don't make sense from their view. This is my biggest gripe on KDF. Where I played WoW, I had both Alliance and Horde. Both stories led to the same place, but they had their view point on it. Thus making it different. Even some missions was similar, but they did different things. This is what I would love for STO to do. Make sure the story is different to show there is a different faction. I just did the Iconian and Future Proof on my KDF for the first time. And it was really bad story writing. This to me is a reason why anyone would want to stop playing KDF. I love the KDF and it was my 2nd character I started. Its just sad how they get treated.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    [*] CBS owns TV, old movies, few other stuff, Paramount owns the new movies and some "Weird stuff" and Sony owns the Star Trek Music.

They couldn't have made it more complicated in who owns Star Trek.

So if someone lets say wants to make a new Star Trek show/movie/game and it took place in an alternate universe that neither CBS or Paramount stuff takes place in...who do they go to for licensing?

Oh, and good luck trying to get any Star Trek music....
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    1. More focus on 'thinking' gameplay-Puzzles, paradoxes, options to use a different approach than "Brute in and fire at will!!" ways to 'explore' alternate routes on maps instead of running on rails, less linear missions...even different ways to get the same GENERAL outcome. (being able to use stealth and guile instead of brute force, for example...and actually having them work?) giving more puzzles to bypass defenses-maybe even as an option instead of shooting your way in, then out again? or being able to intimidate mobs and make them run off instead of having to kill them to the last man if you've got the right set of traits-for the same score (or higher)?
    Indeed, sir; it's worth noting that some of the building blocks for this already exist in the game in the form of career-track-specific optional objectives ('Second Wave' and 'Facility 4028' come to mind) and conversation options that present themselves based on career track ('Temporal Front', when questioning the assassin) or 'commendation rank' ('Mine Enemy' has a point where, based on one's diplomatic standing, you can choose conversation options that reduce how many enemies are in an upcoming area).
    2. more differentiation between factions in how to resolve interactions...
    What we have here, sir, seems to be lazy writing and mission design. It feeds into the 'KDF problem' by making the experience not live up to what folks expect, so fewer people bother... which gets pointed to as a reason for not putting effort into it in the first place...
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    • Mine Trap is coming back, they are working on it now.
    *Does a happy nerve tonic dance*

Thanks for posting the notes. I'll be listening later but it's nice to get a summary!
  • Options
    and a 'future' of being assimilated into the Federation wholesale already revealed.

An alternate timeline that the sphere builders wanted to prevent, as Daniels said. What's to say that there isn't another 'desirable' timeline that involves the federation defeating the sphere builders with Klingons and Romulans as allies, not members of the Federation? Nothing but Cryptic, that's who. Of note-It also shows a future federation that does not include the Romulans-that was all Cryptic's doing as well.

No. Star Trek message says that the most desirable timeline is where we all unite peacefully and happily under one banner. Star Trek message is that we can all be friends, that we have common ground, and that we are stronger and better if we work together.

Maybe you think this is not realistic or desirable, that this is overly optimistic, but Star Trek is overly optimistic.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Did he say anything about a new lifer race?
  • Options
    No. Star Trek message says that the most desirable timeline is where we all unite peacefully and happily under one banner. Star Trek message is that we can all be friends, that we have common ground, and that we are stronger and better if we work together.

Maybe you think this is not realistic or desirable, that this is overly optimistic, but Star Trek is overly optimistic.

It's a relic of TOS's (and sometimes TNG) at times incredibly colonialist undertones, the problems with which were acknowledged later on in Trek-look to DS9s famous 'root beer' dialogue, or Undiscovered Country's 'homo sapiens only club' rant acknowledged. heck, a huge part of DS9 is about Bajorans worrying about their cultural and political independence from the Federation.

Note that 'finding common ground' and 'better if we work together' does note automatically equate 'join the federation and adopt its values'. The Klingons and Romulans worked together in the Dominion War without being politically and culturally subsumed by the Federation.

Lastly, from the perspective of a Klingon/Romulan fan, such an arrangement dilutes the uniqueness of those factions by making them more like the Federation. A lot of folks like Klingons because of their warrior culture, or their concept of honor, and a lot of folks like the Romulans for their sneaky, underhanded ways and mirror positions on many Federation values (sort of a anti-federation, if you will). Rolling all of these under the Fed umbrella wipes away much of that.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Did he say anything about a new lifer race?

try reading the answer that was given to you last time you asked
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Hmmm, nothing about the TOS faction being as much of a faction as Romulans are, then?

The question wasn't asked, but he did slightly address it during another question that referenced the quote, in which he said it was like romulans in that you join up with one of the two big factions at some point in the story.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    *snip*

The original premise of Trek was 'Wagon Train to the Stars' And could get very colonialist/preachy. But as time went on the writers became aware of the problems with that and addressed them to a degree.

The Klingons were worried that accepting aid from the Federation would lead to an erosion of their cultural values. But they did not join the federation in any of the actual series, nor did they turn appreciably more like the federation. Perhaps you are the one who needs to rewatch Star Trek, because the Klingon's attitudes towards the Federation didn't start to really improve until after the destruction of the Enterprise C. (without which, the klingons would have gone to war and wiped out the federation) Even then there were several incidents that threatened war, individual skirmishes, and one actual war between the Federation and the Klingons. Someone does need to rewatch Star Trek, but that someone is you.

As for the Romulans, the reunification movement was revealed to be nothing more than a tool for a plot to conquer Vulcan which existed outside of the deep underground as long as it was useful to the Tal Shiar, and returned there at the conclusion of the episode, never to be mentioned again on screen. The ramifications of Hobus are likewise not explored on any TV or movie since. So to say they were forced culturally towards the federation as a result is pure speculation and not backed up by the actual shows/movies. Even in the shadow of the Dominion threat, Starfleet and the Romulans still tried to TRIBBLE with each other. Remember when a Romulan senator got assassinated, Section 31 infiltrated the Tal Shiar, or how about when the Romulans tried to annex one of Bajor's moons or the incident with a cloaked warbird outside DS9?

Again, Star Trek acquired a degree of awareness about the colonialist issue by the time later TNG/DS9 rolled around. Hence stuff like the Maquis/root beer dialogue/Bajorans came about. The position that all of the 'savages' (read: Romulans, Klingons, Ferengi etc) should just throw off their old ways and act like the federation (humans) is an incredibly colonialist viewpoint and its unfortunate that you don't seem to have a problem with it.
  • Options

It's a relic of TOS's (and sometimes TNG) at times incredibly colonialist undertones, the problems with which were acknowledged later on in Trek-look to DS9s famous 'root beer' dialogue, or Undiscovered Country's 'homo sapiens only club' rant acknowledged. heck, a huge part of DS9 is about Bajorans worrying about their cultural and political independence from the Federation.
    You notice how this is all from people that live outside the Federation and have no direct experience? Who will find their own notions challenged by the concept of the Federation? And that are very glad that the Federation is around and is fighting for them?

These people fear change like all people do - the old ways weren't arrived at random - they worked. If you change, will it still work? But the fact is - for the Klingons, for the Cardassians, and even for the Ferengi - the old ways were not working as well as they might have used to. The Klingon's "old ways" brought them into a costly conflit with the Cardassians and the Federation because their common foe used their "old ways" againts them. The Cardassian government was overthrown twice. Even the Ferengi went through a reformative phase. Both Cardassians and Klingons only got out of their trouble with outside help. And a bit after the Dominion War the Romulan Empire's government collapses, and it needs a Star Trek Captain to stop it. And a while later they lose their homeworld (and in STO we learn it was their own people that were manipulated into doing so, and no safety mechanism inside their own organizational structures stopped it).

All the Federation had to deal with what an overzealus Admiral -and that Admiral was identified by people inside the Federation and stopped before he could inflict real harm. The Federation might not be flawless, but the Federation was able to handle its matter on its own and remain stable.
    Note that 'finding common ground' and 'better if we work together' does note automatically equate 'join the federation and adopt its values'. The Klingons and Romulans worked together in the Dominion War without being politically and culturally subsumed by the Federation.
    No, it means joining the Federation. That is the Star Trek endgame.
    Lastly, from the perspective of a Klingon/Romulan fan, such an arrangement dilutes the uniqueness of those factions by making them more like the Federation. A lot of folks like Klingons because of their warrior culture, or their concept of honor, and a lot of folks like the Romulans for their sneaky, underhanded ways and mirror positions on many Federation values (sort of a anti-federation, if you will). Rolling all of these under the Fed umbrella wipes away much of that.
    There are several possibilites, but one thing to consider. Humans and Vulcans do not have an all that similar culture. Vulcans are all about logic and rationality, Humans still are emotional.

And a warrior culture is not neccessarily at odds with the Federation ideals, either. Maybe you need to dial back the duels-to-deaths, but we've seen plenty of exceptions and circumventions of those in Klingon culture already.
    Nor is being religious - the Bajorans might have feared their political and cultural identity, but those fears were founded on basically ignorance on how the Federation works, and having been opressed by Cardassians for decades.

Also TRIBBLE's fundamentally a mistake to think that cultures are static, or that all cultures are equally valid and should be preserved. Most cultures probably have parts worth, preserving, but I would argue that we really don't want to preserve parts like women being treated as less worth than men and having to act subservant to them, or that Monarchs should rule with no oversight by the people they rule. Or that we should kill people because they insulted us or hack of a hand for stealing.

But - you shouldn't (and really, can't) force this on people. The Borg think they can just assimilate everyone with force. THe Klingons think they can conquer people, too. The Federation does not. The Federation knows people have to want to join - the will tell them why they should, but they will not force anyone.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Mine Trap is coming back!

ALL HAIL THE DEVS!!!!!

This is most excellent news.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    On the 'Bajoran' issue, I don't think about it either, because frankly I find the way Trek writers portray some races to be ridiculous. Their attitude is 'ALL Klingons are obsessed with honor, ALL Bajorans are religious, ALL Ferengi are greedy etc etc.

They give the species a particular characteristic and make that the defining characteristic of the entire race. It's pretty sad really.

but as we've seen, all ferengi are NOT greedy​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.