test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday Bugs

mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
Just remade my TOS character to play through again, and wanted to note a few lingering issues.

-TOS characters cannot assign boffs to away team. This is normally just kind of sad, as it means on the home screen my character is standing there all by himself, but by "Tangled Webs", when you should have five boffs, it's an issue. I was unable to assign my fifth officer to the away team, and thus was accompanied by a random security officer, who carried a 25th century phaser.

-TOS boffs cannot display any rank higher than lieutenant, junior grade, even after they are promoted. Additional pips work just fine for non-TOS boffs picked up after "The Battle of Caleb IV".

-On the Pioneer-class bridge, there are 25th century officers manning the stations. The officers on the lower deck are all 23rd century.

-There is still no music in the 23rd century sector space, and now portions of the map vanish during travel.

-There is a LOT of VO overlap, especially with regards to Scotty, whose lines frequently run over one another.

-On the mission "Painful Omens", about half of the infected officers do not fall after being incapacitated, and continue standing there, pointing their weapons.

-On "Tangled Webs", all of the drops aboard the Tholian ship are 25th century.

That's all for now. I must say, however, that it was a real treat playing through again, now that things have really started coming together. Anyone who hasn't done so yet really should. Between the period graphics, the 23rd century technology, and the recently-added VO taken directly from TOS, this new expansion has become the last word in cool. Oh, and a special thanks to the devs for adding so many different TOS badges! The dearth of different ship badges was something that had bothered me more than I'd care to admit.
e0M7OhA.png

Comments

• outlawgraphixoutlawgraphix Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Noted that the scan function (to find crafting materials nodes, etc) still doesn't work properly. It shows active scanning, but doesn't point in the general direction the anomaly.
  • triptuckerviitriptuckervii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    The scan function worked for me, though the graphics effects are much more simplistic (intentional, I suppose). Tractor beams actually had new graphics and sound effects!

The BOFF bug is worse than we think, it's not that a TOS character can't assign BOFFs, they just can't assign 23rd century BOFFS. The 25th century ones work fine. And yeah, the rank thing, I actually had that happen to my actual player character, too, not just the BOFFs.
  • anobroanobro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I do not know what is broken, but I do not get promotions. So since I'm sitting with my TOS character now in 25th century firmly on the cruiser. I can not pick ship ranks as I did not get the token for it. I am now in the rank of captain. Please correct that fast because it is hell to fly missions.
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Noted that the scan function (to find crafting materials nodes, etc) still doesn't work properly. It shows active scanning, but doesn't point in the general direction the anomaly.

Forgot to mention that one. For me, that one has been intermittent. My TOS character's scan works just fine on the ground, but in space it won't work. My original 25th century Fed character can't scan for anything, anywhere.

The BOFF bug is worse than we think, it's not that a TOS character can't assign BOFFs, they just can't assign 23rd century BOFFS. The 25th century ones work fine. And yeah, the rank thing, I actually had that happen to my actual player character, too, not just the BOFFs.

That's rough. Hopefully that won't happen on my current run.

anobro wrote: »
    I do not know what is broken, but I do not get promotions. So since I'm sitting with my TOS character now in 25th century firmly on the cruiser. I can not pick ship ranks as I did not get the token for it. I am now in the rank of captain. Please correct that fast because it is hell to fly missions.

A lot of people have had problems with this. Before I started my TOS guy over, I had been able to progress through different ships. Just went to Drozana Station, picked up a buttload of dilithium (which sounds uncomfortable), and just bought a new ship outright.
    e0M7OhA.png
    > @mike03uc said:
    > A lot of people have had problems with this. Before I started my TOS guy over, I had been able to progress through different ships. Just went to Drozana Station, picked up a buttload of dilithium (which sounds uncomfortable), and just bought a new ship outright.

How do i get so mutch of that Stuff?
  • navyvetcponavyvetcpo Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    No promotion to Commander no ship point new character after updatethe other day. 6/28/2016
    anobro wrote: »
    > @mike03uc said:
    > A lot of people have had problems with this. Before I started my TOS guy over, I had been able to progress through different ships. Just went to Drozana Station, picked up a buttload of dilithium (which sounds uncomfortable), and just bought a new ship outright.

How do i get so mutch of that Stuff?

There's a console in the main area of Drozana, on the far wall as you enter. Usually there are a few people clustered around it. That console will provide a lot of valuable material for testing, including an input testing pack, which contains a large amount of EC, expertise, and dilithium. A few of those will do it.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Here's the "what's up" on some of the specifically annoying issues mentioned here:

23rd Century Bridge Officers on Away Teams should be fixed on Tribble today. 23rd Century Bridge Officers as Duty Officer Heads/Etc were fixed this morning, but are not yet on Tribble.

Promotions were fixed and accidentally un-fixed in this patch. They were re-fixed today, but are not on Tribble.

Scans should be working as of the current Tribble patch; at least for TOS characters, for the indicating direction part.

TOS Beta Quadrant map should be working on Tribble currently.

VO Overlap cleanup was finished today to the best of my knowledge, but is not all on Tribble.

> @mike03uc said:
    > There's a console in the main area of Drozana, on the far wall as you enter. Usually there are a few people clustered around it. That console will provide a lot of valuable material for testing, including an input testing pack, which contains a large amount of EC, expertise, and dilithium. A few of those will do it.

AH, Thanks for the help.
  • crichtonsrcrichtonsr Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Will the nodes for delta recruits that jave not finished continue to exist, or are they being replaced by the temporal recruit nail nodes?

Basically, after temporal recruits go live, will unfinished delta recruits still be able to finish?
    Well, after yesterday's patch, I couldn't be happier to note that most of the bugs I listed here have been addressed! We do still have 25th century officers on the Pioneer bridge, and there is still no music in 23rd century sector space. I'm wondering if that last part is intentional (what with all the dialogue from Daniels).
    e0M7OhA.png
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    TOS boffs still can't wear rank insignia higher than Lt. j.g., even when promoted.
    crichtonsr wrote: »
    Will the nodes for delta recruits that jave not finished continue to exist, or are they being replaced by the temporal recruit nail nodes?

Basically, after temporal recruits go live, will unfinished delta recruits still be able to finish?

Temporal Agents do not impact Delta Recruits. If you currently have unfinished Delta Recruits that you can work on, you will still be able to work on them after X3 goes live.
    edited June 2016
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    TOS boffs still can't wear rank insignia higher than Lt. j.g., even when promoted.

That's very disappointing. I hadn't gotten to that point yet, so I didn't know.

Also, two small issues:

-I've noticed that when using a 23rd century hypo characters motion as though throwing a grenade.

-25th century Fed combadges have the Romulan sound effect while beaming out.
    Post edited by mike03uc on
    e0M7OhA.png
    Here's the "what's up" on some of the specifically annoying issues mentioned here:

23rd Century Bridge Officers on Away Teams should be fixed on Tribble today. 23rd Century Bridge Officers as Duty Officer Heads/Etc were fixed this morning, but are not yet on Tribble.

Promotions were fixed and accidentally un-fixed in this patch. They were re-fixed today, but are not on Tribble.

Scans should be working as of the current Tribble patch; at least for TOS characters, for the indicating direction part.

TOS Beta Quadrant map should be working on Tribble currently.

VO Overlap cleanup was finished today to the best of my knowledge, but is not all on Tribble.

Well thank your very much, crypticspartan. I'm really looking forward to the next patch!
    e0M7OhA.png
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    here is a question if both a Delta recruit and a Temporal agent are in the same team and play the same mission will the nodes for em be in different spots?
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
    neos472 wrote: »
    here is a question if both a Delta recruit and a Temporal agent are in the same team and play the same mission will the nodes for em be in different spots?

Yes. The Delta Recruit mission mechanic is different from the Temporal Agent one, and will not interfere with each other.
  • kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter

Will the badlands battlefield area be reopened before X3?

Will the "Future Proof" story arc be available before X3?
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
    kasraken wrote: »
    Will the "Future Proof" story arc be available before X3?

This is relevant to my interests. I really miss Future Proof. Classic TNG-style fun.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I just got my TOS Andorian to level 11, unlocking the Duty Officer system for him. In the Duty Officer window, "Department Heads" side tab, I can't select any of my TOS bridge crew to department heads and the TOS bridge crew don't show up under the first officer list either.
  • trek1968trek1968 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    [edited as issue is now resolved}
    My TOS Andorian can't enter the Risa map by approaching the system from sector space. Currently at level 12. I also can't enter the Andorian ground map either.
    Game keeps crashing when my TOS human Tactical beams from the surface of Regulus to orbital space in the final portion of the Kuvah'Magh episode. Always at the same part, when the space section has loaded to about 40-45%.

Doesn't happen to other characters (checked), so it might be something with the TOS ones.
    edited July 2016
    My TOS era female Andorian bridge officer can't use any of the kit pieces that are unlocked in the tailor when my TOS Andorian captain hit level 10. And some of my other TOS bridge officers don't have the kit pieces either. Also like previously stated, ranks other then Lt junior grade don't show up for TOS era bridge officers, including chief.

slightly edited for greater clarification
    Post edited by zebulongiles on
  • rejaqrejaq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    My TOS Andorian can't enter the Risa map by approaching the system from sector space. Currently at level 12. I also can't enter the Andorian ground map either.

Same here regarding Risa, no entry point displays. Tried it on a high level and rolled a new char as well. Both get nothing but one of my non-TOS characters loads on in fine.
    quote-you-might-as-well-aim-high-why-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-when-you-can-shoot-yourself-william-shatner-133-45-82.jpg
    BOFF Tellarites are still freakishly tall, BTW. Something is definitely borked with the tailor...
    BOFF Tellarites are still freakishly tall, BTW. Something is definitely borked with the tailor...

I thought they'd mentioned that was fixed. My Tellarite BOFF (Skavrin from AoY) is roughly the usual height. Bears noting that the original TOS Tellarites weren't overly short.
    e0M7OhA.png
    mike03uc wrote: »

I thought they'd mentioned that was fixed. My Tellarite BOFF (Skavrin from AoY) is roughly the usual height. Bears noting that the original TOS Tellarites weren't overly short.

In Journey to Babel, they were mostly played by small persons, same when they were in the background in ST:IV, and the actors playing them on Enterprise were pretty short, so...

And in the game they're now in the ranges of 6 to 7 feet tall when they used to be 5-6. Which is taller than humans, Andorians and Vulcans, as well as Klingons. Bug was still active as of yesterday (I checked, even started a Tellarite character in the character creation just to see if it was limited to BOFFs). So...

In Journey to Babel, they were mostly played by small persons, same when they were in the background in ST:IV, and the actors playing them on Enterprise were pretty short, so...

And in the game they're now in the ranges of 6 to 7 feet tall when they used to be 5-6. Which is taller than humans, Andorians and Vulcans, as well as Klingons. Bug was still active as of yesterday (I checked, even started a Tellarite character in the character creation just to see if it was limited to BOFFs). So...

I checked again, and what's odd is that in my tailor, it lists Skav's height as a little over 6'...but in-game he's clearly a lot shorter than my other characters. This is a strange one.
    e0M7OhA.png

I checked again, and what's odd is that in my tailor, it lists Skav's height as a little over 6'...but in-game he's clearly a lot shorter than my other characters. This is a strange one.

I personally suspect the Iconians. Or the Na'kuhl. Time travel or Iconians. :)

More seriously, it's not a huge issue (the whole "Taurean Affair resets to start when finished" bug is way worse), but it is an amusing tailor bug.