test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Lockbox Confirmed...

sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
Yeah, picked up from the German website.

http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052813

Disappointed in Cryptic for putting these ships in a lockbox....
Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

Comments

• apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    More disappointing if the dropchance is like 0.6%
    21ajpqt.png
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    SALTY TEARS LOCKBOX FOR THE WIN!!!!!

Dreams do come true, kids. :smiley:

raf,750x1000,075,t,heather_grey.2u4.jpg

d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    just wait till it goes to the infinity boxes... that way you get a better chance if you get a console you can pick the leech...
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    I just hate that the first RR full carrier is locked behind a lockbox...
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    I've long since given up on Lockboxes in general. I'll probably snag a few of them just to get the weapons, but nothing more. I've got all the t6 ships I need and while it's TRIBBLE for Cryptic to release the first good BoP in a long, long time behind a lockbox; I shouldn't expect any better from this company.

yeah... I don't want to get worked up about it. I just bought the temporal pack and typically this sort of thing happens. Cryptic does a good thing that makes me happy and then makes a concept that does the opposite and drives me to play a completely different game.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    no surprise here.
    but, really disappointed to see the new clothes and the weapons in this box. why they do not put the clothes and the weapons (ground weapons) in the c-store and bound to character. only for these items, I would open my wallet (again), but no way to gamble or pay a ridiculous price from the exchange.

the news in french: https://www.arcgames.com/fr/games/star-trek-online/news
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    teknesia wrote: »
    I've long since given up on Lockboxes in general. I'll probably snag a few of them just to get the weapons, but nothing more. I've got all the t6 ships I need and while it's **** for Cryptic to release the first good BoP in a long, long time behind a lockbox; I shouldn't expect any better from this company.

yeah... I don't want to get worked up about it. I just bought the temporal pack and typically this sort of thing happens. Cryptic does a good thing that makes me happy and then makes a concept that does the opposite and drives me to play a completely different game.

I was holding off on the pack until I knew for sure what was officially happening with these ships.

At least it saves me that money now, so silver lining and all that..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    putting these ships in a lockbox....
    Well, if dilithium exchange would not hit 500 before AoY, it sure as hell is going to after it :D:D:D

• galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Son+_29f1c49127e71bb8cf304102ace66f0a.jpg
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    putting these ships in a lockbox....
    Well, if dilithium exchange would not hit 500 before AoY, it sure as hell is going to after it :D:D:D

At least it can't go higher ;)
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    This is going to be glorious.
    Both the market, the tears, the Kelvin ships and uniforms everywhere and the forums.

Also, I feel like I'm gonna cancel meat and replace it for noodles and bread for the month. XD
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I will say I'm very disappointed.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I heard the drop rate was 0.002 per agreement for this one time promotion with Paramount.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    I can't F#@K#IG believe it. The Vengence is a Lobi store ship. For the first time in 4 years I will be buy 4 of the same Lobi ship. My hats off to Cryptic for doing this. They could have easily put it in a doff pack and made the drop chance .001% and I would have still tryed to get 4 of them. The entire time I have played STO I don't think I have ever been so happy.
  • sadwasp#1751 sadwasp Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Not my Enterprise , but whoever likes it ... enjoy the Lensflare Console it no doubt comes with . :)
  • thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    "The ability to purchase and fly the Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser [T6] will be restricted only to Federation characters. "

Ouch, that's gonna hurt, lol.
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I heard the drop rate was 0.002 per agreement for this one time promotion with Paramount.

Erhm... what?
    21ajpqt.png
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Last part of the cynical cash grab confirmed. Also, remember to play fed kids!
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    WHHHHHYYYYYYYYY.... why did you guys have to put those in lockboxes. I want everything for all my toons.. I hate the fact that lockbox items are only character bound. This is a nightmare for those that have many multiple characters.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    funny thing is this lock box is shocking fair by cryptic standards. dependng on just how much the kelvin dreadnought package is it may actually be fair... though it looks like we know were all the kdf and rom stuff for AoY went... not happy about that but oh well.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    It saddens me I won't be able to have those cloth options for all my toons.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Well. There goes a good chunk of my EC. Papa needs a connie!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2016
    Who do I have to kill?

045a771d0f944538bd3eb11cc79a85d51467390593.jpg

556b988e70f2cd0174c3c03e0ff66b2f1467364691.jpg​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Who do I have to kill?

045a771d0f944538bd3eb11cc79a85d51467390593.jpg​​

don't know but if you find out I'll help... tell then poor na'kuhl are going to have a bad time.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The Kelvin is Fugly...but the Vengeance does pass. The box not bad except for the main prize ship. IMO it's an upside down world prize tiger-2.gif​​
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    teknesia wrote: »
    I've long since given up on Lockboxes in general. I'll probably snag a few of them just to get the weapons, but nothing more. I've got all the t6 ships I need and while it's **** for Cryptic to release the first good BoP in a long, long time behind a lockbox; I shouldn't expect any better from this company.

I was holding off on the pack until I knew for sure what was officially happening with these ships.

At least it saves me that money now, so silver lining and all that..

Oh, I didn't buy the pack for those ships. I'm actually happy with the Temporal pack ships. I'm just saying that had I not bought it, the lockbox probably would have disgusted me enough to invest in another game as I've done in the past.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Why do folks always feel the need to revamp the look of characters... granted the original klingons look a bit fu-man-chu-ish with the mustaches and beards... well we can always go with that these are the original klingons before the augment disaster and then once they got cured... they look like the ones from movie 2 onwards... haha
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    One thing they did right tho i am glad the vengeance is lobi and not epic rare like the vonph/acheros.. makes its badassery more accessible
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    Anyone who didn't think these would be a lockbox was delusional to begin with. They fit all the criteria as set down by Cryptic and CBS.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    The ability to purchase and fly the Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser [T6] will be restricted only to Federation characters. However, Klingon and Romulan captains will instead be offered the ability to purchase a Kelvin Dreadnought Package from the Lobi Store which includes both the Console and the Starship Trait unlock for a lower price than that of the full starship.

Not that I would buy one anyway, but really?
    Q9BWcdD.png