test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

-#Boxit Post your Horror Stories-

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
Space Brexit has occurred! We have left the Lockbox Union!

So much space equity destroyed overnight, post your horror stories here.

My exposure, which was very lucky, was 2 vonphs, 2 krenim imperium ships, and 2 plasmonic leeches.

Total losses maybe 500m or something on that order.

free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg
Post edited by repetitiveepic on

Comments

• sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    spent entire weeks paycheck on master keys and won nothing.

now cant afford to feed family.

very sad.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    heh thanks to 'Brexit' I got myself a Tholian ship.

Thank you Boris Johnson.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User

My exposure, which was very lucky, was 2 vonphs, 2 krenim imperium ships, and 2 plasmonic leeches.

LMAO About time the wallet whales got spanked!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I'm not space rich or anything. I'm guessing that I'm space middle class on the lower end. I don't invest long term like the uber rich in this game. I snipe and make quick profits buying and selling quickly. I didn't lose anything from this change but I sure gained a lot. I want to personally thank cryptic for making it possible for me to buy nice stuff for my alts that were previously relegated to using default garbage traits and gear. I've had many dealings with the mega rich hoarders in the past and I feel for you guys. But the needs of the many outweigh the needs of a the few, or the one.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

And just how are the whales getting spanked.

If anything, this just means that they open their wallets more to pick up ships that have become rather rare lately. The ones who are taking the beating are the dil exchange and those who sell stuff on the credit exchange since everything has tanked in price.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • theussvoyagertheussvoyager Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

What does that even mean!? Wallet whales getting spanked?
    It's giving a lot of people a chance to get things a heck of a lot cheaper and easier​​
    JJ Connie > TOS Connie
    Lag denied your Heal
    What happened to my Halon consoles
    Poni?
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    How much is the Vonph going for on the exchange at the moment?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Currently, there is one for 634,999, 936 energy credits.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
      I heard someone using the term 'Boxit' earlier. Appropriate.

I've probably had a few billion EC in equity wiped out I think - hard to say as poor at keeping track of my stashes.

Meh, win some lose some. And it will be good to pick up some cheap leeches, kemo and other goodies in the current firesale
      yjkZSeM.gif
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      edited June 2016

Currently, there is one for 634,999, 936 energy credits.

might be able to get a kemocite boff manual at some point then with these new prices
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
        Didnt really have anything, up or down lately, so I just bought low for stuff I didnt have that I wanted.
      • kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
        Made about 200 million on Key prices skyrocketing :P
      • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
        edited June 2016
        Party Time!

My friends and I just grab the stuff we always wanted from the exchange like it was for free.

Thanks a bunch for the change cryptic and my deep respect to all the brave Ferengi who bankroll this party.
        Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
        animated.gif
        Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
        felisean wrote: »
        teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
      • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
        edited June 2016
        This new Infinity Box was an elegant move by Cryptic. Doesn't affect me directly since I pretty much have everything I want.
        It was pleasant to see prices on the Exchange falling. But this will only be a temporary thing, I think.
        A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
      • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
        Doesn't affect me directly since

Well, it affects me. As I have tabs of old boxes in the bank. Now I'm throwing them out making more space for useful stuffs heh.
        Tck7dQ2.jpg
        Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
      • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
        edited June 2016
        I'm so tired of rich players being bashed because they are patient, intelligent people who make themselves wealthy through long, hard work. It is stupid and extremely unfair, they are doing nothing illegal they are just setting up the markets and supplying them with items which is beneficial to everyone.

On topic, all my investments are currently in Contraband so I'm pretty safe.
      • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
        The thing about those that hold most of the wealth, they can rig the market in their favor. Greed at it's finest. The American way.
      • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
        edited June 2016
        @scarling

Guess what, one doesnt have to go to the market to get the items that are available in it, get the items the same way that they did, open lock boxes, grind for gear, etc. . Drop a few bucks in the game even.

Its amazing how people are so quick to talk about "greed" of others, when they fail to realize that their own perspective of greed is skewed by thier own, especially when it comes to intangible items being bought with fake currency.

I propose we finally satisfy the "Occupy STO", and the Online Bernie Sanders crowd, all lock box rewards should become account bound on opening of the lock box, keys become non-tradable, and close the dilithium market. "Greed" problems solved.
      • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
        yeah, in the Lock Box union, alien captains were flying our ships!
        And health care? You had to finish a Mission and go back to your homeworld to get some health care!
        Now, leaving the LB Union, they promised us no more injuries on advanced and elite missions. And no more Alien playable species!
        Sure, Zen Prices will rise to 700+ Dilithium, but at least it's our Zen we won't have

18 characters
        KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
        KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
        FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
        TOS: 1 tac
        all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
        all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
        highest DPS: 60.982
      • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
        Don't think I've lost much as any excess hoarding was meant to be used on different mains that I haven't fully gotten around to yet entirely because "Heroes Never Die!"

Existing lockbox ships haven't dropped in value, while lobi ships have increased in value or should increase in value as keys and DilEx have gone up and will soon reach the ceiling as I predicted long ago given Cryptic's consistent devaluation of Dil, boosting of Zen value, and player willingness to throw away their time for a few pennies but also probably less need to buy Dil or less players overall contributing to the market.

My main investments aren't available in infinity boxes, but some people haven't realized this yet and are short-selling themselves, plus it can be used in direct trade and isn't subject to EC inflation.

Going to wait it out and let prices stabilize as people (hopefully) buy, collect, hoard, and open these boxes and fill in the more expensive and sought after items, especially over time following key or zen sales, and with the exchange under-cutting in addition to low confidence in mark-ups (rightfully so).
        Y945Yzx.jpg
        Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
        · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
        «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
        ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
      • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
        I picked up the Wells, 2 kemo and 2 plasmo and have a billion remaining - instead of spending all of my money on the Wells and being broke. So I am downright giddy. Will pick up some more kemo this weekend. Maybe inspirational too if I sell some keys.

The thing is - the true rich work smarter not harder and this is one of those days when the gov-ment man steps in and takes his toll. I am more the example of the hard worker. Grinding things like 100 mil on favors this year. Grinding dil to sell for keys to sell for EC. In 5 years I've made around 3 billion EC in a long long long slow grind. Others will make this in a weekend of speculation. So rejoice for the workers of the world. Today is a great day.
        Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."