What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infinity lockbox

2»

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    tigeraries wrote: »
    You open a box and get a item that is BOUND to character until you select the item you want... what you select is not what I need so... what I need becomes RARE... it becomes SUPER RARE. The price will jump up.

You're assuming that no one will sell ships anymore.

no people will sell what they think is $. before you open a lock box and you get tons of junk that you dont want but other folks do... soon you open a box and you select the "best" item you think will get you $... the rest of the supply chain other items goes poof...

this change is good and bad... but I think it'll be bad, very bad... for specific items that folks want but arent considered "top" must have by the latest flavor of the moment.
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Some out there seem to believe that once the event is over, stored infinity boxes will disappear?

Plus, from what I gather this isn't an end to the regular lockboxes. We will still get new ones, which then will eventually be retired and whose contents will be made available at the next infinity event?

Just making sure I've got my facts straight.
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    You open a box and get a item that is BOUND to character until you select the item you want... what you select is not what I need so... what I need becomes RARE... it becomes SUPER RARE. The price will jump up.

no people will sell what they think is $. before you open a lock box and you get tons of junk that you dont want but other folks do... soon you open a box and you select the "best" item you think will get you $... the rest of the supply chain other items goes poof...

this change is good and bad... but I think it'll be bad, very bad... for specific items that folks want but arent considered "top" must have by the latest flavor of the moment.

You're ignoring the demand created by that same situation, though. By the act of wanting that other ship, the buyer will drive its price up until a seller is willing to sell. Which basically means all Lockbox items of a specific type will sell for roughly the same price. That's the only way the market will balance.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This is good, I will keep a few. And it will keep my inventory clean during missions. Before if it was one I didn't like. After the mission run, they went out the nearest air lock.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator

You're ignoring the demand created by that same situation, though. By the act of wanting that other ship, the buyer will drive its price up until a seller is willing to sell. Which basically means all Lockbox items of a specific type will sell for roughly the same price. That's the only way the market will balance.

Also... the older ships are still valuable because of...

wait for it...

ADMIRALTY CARDS.

That's right. People may not actually fly a ship, but they'll get it to get the reusable Admiralty Card. More Cards = more Admiralty missions = more stuff from Admiralty Tracks. Any science based ones would be very much in demand KDF and Romulan side.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    What I do think you'll see, though, is a lot more Public/Zone chat for the exchange market. People who want the oddball items are going to have to find a seller actively.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    [quote="dragnridr;12977411"]I'd rather they just get rid of the damned lockboxes, and let us buy what we want out right. I'll spend 30-40 dollars on a lockbox ship if I'm guaranteed that ship. I have opened over 120 lockboxes, and the only real worthy ships I have gotten was the Xindi Aquatic dreadnought and the Aeon timeship. The rest was useless junk I wouldn't even use. Either that or get rid of the keys since the chance of getting one of those nice ships is so low, you end up spending $200-$300. [/quote]

Sell 40 keys, get 260mil (@6.5/key but bouncing all over today), buy the exact ship you want.

Also remember that $200 in opened lockboxes gives you 800+ lobi, so you are getting two ships, not one and the lobi ship you do pick the exact one you want even if the box rng hates you. Just don't be like me and buy a dsd when you wanted the ship one beneath it. >. <
  • robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User

wait for it...
    But you know, me for example, I already have more admiralty cards than I can use. I don't need anymore, I can the full set of missions with what I have (well, a fraction of that, I could replace any mission that just finished and not be concerned with ships on cooldown). The demand for ships because of admiralty missions will pretty much flatten very soon.

robin74 wrote: »

wait for it...
    But you know, me for example, I already have more admiralty cards than I can use. I don't need anymore, I can the full set of missions with what I have (well, a fraction of that, I could replace any mission that just finished and not be concerned with ships on cooldown). The demand for ships because of admiralty missions will pretty much flatten very soon.

Not everyone has that many ships, and KDF and Romulans are hurting for certain types. And then there are people who might want ships for their alts.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    How was the Aeon Timeship in there it is a Lobi Store item, not a Lockbox one?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The things that will be impossible to find will be items like Tal Shiar Command Codes, Holonovel Fragments, and stuff like that which I am always buying off the exchange.

Actually, those are in a separate, totally random category. I got three of them out of my 32 attempts.
    It is amazing that they figured out how to put all the old Lockboxes in these new ones, but when it comes to figuring out how to award a Daily Account prize from the Featured Episode Replay Event, it is just beyond their capabilities.

Before the usual suspects chime in with what they'll chime in with, I fully understand one is a cash cow and the other is a giveaway. So I saved you the time and energy. No thanks needed, please.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Good to hear Nix but are they in a box with "more desirable" items? Because I can't help but think that will have an effect if so.

Nope - opened box, out popped some lobi and a specific Doff-assignment trigger item. No element of choice at all. Got two Tal Shiar ones and a Mirror Universe one.

ltminns wrote: »
    It is amazing that they figured out how to put all the old Lockboxes in these new ones, but when it comes to figuring out how to award a Daily Account prize from the Featured Episode Replay Event, it is just beyond their capabilities.

I'd love to see the post where they said they can't do it, because that sounds like an adorable folktale players tell themselves in the hopes that some day time will march backwards to their advantage...

Just heard from a friend that someone in game is vowing to fix the market in retaliation over the new consolidated lockbox. Someone's not happy about the increased supply of ships on the exchange.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Just heard from a friend that someone in game is vowing to fix the market in retaliation over the new consolidated lockbox. Someone's not happy about the increased supply of ships on the exchange.

Obviously the fact that things are actually becoming affordable instead of priced at literally unimaginable amounts of EC offends some loser somewhere.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    My sample size was small. Getting 3 of them out of 32 suggest they're actually pretty common, but time will tell as more data comes in.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

Before the usual suspects chime in with what they'll chime in with, I fully understand one is a cash cow and the other is a giveaway. So I saved you the time and energy. No thanks needed, please.

they are also not able to fix the kit power bug. like you said it, they don't make money when they fix free stuff. I was so fascinated to see that they have the time to make the box weapons account bound, but they don't have the time to fix the real problems. this is really fascinating.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    All i know is that I just picked up three leech consoles for the price one this morning.

Today is a GOOD day!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User

It was in the temporal lockbox. Same lockbox that held the Wells, which was the ship I wanted.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »

It was in the temporal lockbox. Same lockbox that held the Wells, which was the ship I wanted.

The Aeon is in the Lobi store, not the lockbox. It was just added to the store at the same time as the Temporal lockbox's release.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
    Adorable folk tale, ah, Peter Rabbit would be proud.

I don't have that post, I was mearly commenting on what another poster had provided, that a Developer stated that the Dev that had done that Replay with Daily Account Lobi, was no longer employed by Cryptic and they couldn't figure out how to update it, etc.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    dragnridr wrote: »

The Aeon is in the Lobi store, not the lockbox. It was just added to the store at the same time as the Temporal lockbox's release.

When the temporal lockboxes came out, the Aeon timeship was in there as well. It was later moved to the lobi store.