test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Hey @Callevista, Next time you are in, Please update the Default Costumes for Elisa Flores, T'Vrell, and Zarva.

Technically they appear to be wearing the Odyssey Uniforms, but when you open them in the Tailor for the Very First time, they revert to something else.

This was a sideaffect of the Category Revamp from a while ago.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    primar13 wrote: »
    Hey @Callevista, Next time you are in, Please update the Default Costumes for Elisa Flores, T'Vrell, and Zarva.

Technically they appear to be wearing the Odyssey Uniforms, but when you open them in the Tailor for the Very First time, they revert to something else.

This was a sideaffect of the Category Revamp from a while ago.

This also applies to Tovan Khev and B'Ellera's uppers. The Romulan story boffs also lose a few pieces entirely when edited, like Satra's gloves, Veril's loincloth, and...something of Hiven's, I can't remember anymore.

---

Currently, there's no standard bare hand option in Beachwear Separates. You can only have long nails or Seven of Nine's borg hand dealy.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Not exactly an issue, but it would be nice, if we could get the Stockings/Tights/Tights Shiny options for the terran shorts and for the skirts, that are still not having them, too (Dyson Sphere/TOS Mini/TOS Mini Split for example which just have the "Stockings" option). Thanks.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    The TNG season 3 uniform is in dire need of higher textures, how it looks today is not very good.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Female Klingons in the Enterprise Terran Empire top uses the standard skin texture instead of the Klingon one. Female Klingon and Liberated Borg Klingons have empty space when using the Dyson sphere 2 tops.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Also, the Tailor is lagging, big time. Not responsive to selections, or very slow to respond. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah I've been noticing that for a few weeks now. Haven't been able to pin down any settings which seem to solve the issue but it is getting incredibly slow. Even just selecting colours for different uniform parts is lagging.
    ​​

Exactly! I don't seem to get this anywhere else in the game. And, it seems if I spend too much time in the Tailor, the game will crash on me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this. I thought it was just me being crazy. It won't crash on me, but my frame rate inside the tailor is now jumping between 60fps and roughly 10fps (according to the in game fps counter), where before it was a solid 60fps. It starts at 60, then within 10 seconds it plummets to 10fps. 2 seconds later it's back up to 60 for 2 seconds then down to 10. This pattern just keeps going until I leave the tailor or shut the game down. First noticed it on my fed joined trill last week.
    I need a beer.

edited April 2016
    Finally picked up the Terran Task Force armor on Holodeck and it seems some of the issues from when it was put up on Tribble were never resolved:

* Hands: has a fourth color swatch that, as far as I can tell, doesn't change anything
    * Back (Female): Second swatch uses the standard palette, this swatch uses the trim palette with more vivid shades on other armor pieces and the Male Back piece
    * Back (Female): Fourth swatch uses the standard palette for this armor instead of the palette for lights
    * Feet: Same, fourth swatch uses the standard palette, affects Male and Female armor

Very minor stuff. I'd also like to suggest a black entry being added to the palette for lights, so we can turn them off, I know lights on other armors get this option.

-edit-

Clarified where these are only issues for the Female armor.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Also, the Tailor is lagging, big time. Not responsive to selections, or very slow to respond. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah I've been noticing that for a few weeks now. Haven't been able to pin down any settings which seem to solve the issue but it is getting incredibly slow. Even just selecting colours for different uniform parts is lagging.
    ​​

Exactly! I don't seem to get this anywhere else in the game. And, it seems if I spend too much time in the Tailor, the game will crash on me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this. I thought it was just me being crazy. It won't crash on me, but my frame rate inside the tailor is now jumping between 60fps and roughly 10fps (according to the in game fps counter), where before it was a solid 60fps. It starts at 60, then within 10 seconds it plummets to 10fps. 2 seconds later it's back up to 60 for 2 seconds then down to 10. This pattern just keeps going until I leave the tailor or shut the game down. First noticed it on my fed joined trill last week.

Yes, the fps is definitely taking a major drop while in the Tailor. Everything goe back to normal as soon as I exit the Tailor, though. It makes me not even what to play in the Tailor anymore, it's so bad.

@callevista, can someone please take a look at this and maybe discover where the issue lies?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited April 2016
    The female Mirror Bortasqu' 1 top has very severe clipping, both at the shoulders and on the back while in the Standard stance. The texturing where it's been cropped could also use a touch-up, it cuts off oddly right now.

​​

Yes, the fps is definitely taking a major drop while in the Tailor. Everything goes back to normal as soon as I exit the Tailor, though. It makes me not even what to play in the Tailor anymore, it's so bad.

@callevista, can someone please take a look at this and maybe discover where the issue lies?

Absolutely. It makes using the tailor a bit of a chore really.
    I need a beer.

• kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    On the new Elegant jacket from Temporal Front.

The female version is missing the Badge option, at least for me.

Also, that Federation Insignia badge is great, any chance that it can be freed up to use as a combadge for Uniforms?

Edit:
    It seems the badge is available for females, but only when the jacket is selected as Uniform, not when it's part of an off-duty outfit.
    Post edited by kazabok on
    @callevista

Will the new costume options acquired from "Temporal Front" be persistent? Or are they limited time only during this Featured Episode run? Or will they only be a persistent reward if they're unlocked by a character on an account that has completed the episode at least once? Basically, just trying to see if I have to run this episode NOW on EVERY character on my account before the Featured Episode run ends, or if I can wait and get them on my other characters later.
    GrWzQke.png
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User

Trendy posted on Twitter that the Jacket is not time limited.
    kazabok wrote: »

Trendy posted on Twitter that the Jacket is not time limited.

Great! Thanks. :)
    GrWzQke.png
    edited April 2016
    Speaking of the Elegant Jacket, there is the slightest bit of unsightly clipping on the left hip:

Screenshot

Only confirmed with female characters, I haven't put any of my guys in it yet.

-edit-

This is an issue for males, too.
    Post edited by dragonsbrethren on
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    To illustrate my earlier post:
    VasIgmM.jpg
    cYsyzq8.jpg

Other tops that use the chest, like the TOS Terran outfit, seem to work fine.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • sanctuary13sanctuary13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant).
    Drak@sanctuary13 romulan female, federation

Is the problem affecting a Captain or Bridge Officer?
    Captain
    Your submitted bug-ticket number, if you have one.
    Links to pictures (but do not embed photos themselves, see below).
    Then include any other detailed information about the problem.

Selecting the Romulan Civilian skirt, but when going back out of tailor menu it changes to what appears to be pants tight alpha 1. It does this at all tailors.
    edited May 2016
    The Terran - Jupiter 1 jackets are missing a color swatch. If you switch to one of the other jackets, you can edit this color (It's the third swatch on other jackets), switch back to Jupiter, and kind of recolor the affected colors, but the palette used seems very limited.

I've only tested with the female jacket at the moment, I'll check male later. I'm not sure if this color is intended to be changed on the Jupiter 2 jackets or not, but they also only have 3 color swatches.

-edit-

Forgot to mention it, but this is also an issue with the male Jupiter 1 jacket. The missing swatch colors different parts, but they both have the issue.
    edited April 2016
    This latest patch (I believe) also caused some pretty bad issues with Shorts - Terran 1. The palette regressed to the limited selection they had when they first went live, and I'm no longer getting legs for any species I've tried them with: Human, Vulcan, Bolian.

-edit-

Screenshot
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Small omission regarding a recent add-on.

The new scraggy beard option (pictured) is not available for holographic ENG boffs from the delta recruitment event.
    CghTMPsXEAAfc3W.jpg

Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I think someone should take a look at several KDF Uniforms. Massive clipping problems with the Mirror Bortasqu Uniform and several Parts of the Orion bikini.For some reason i can't save screenshots again so i hope someone here can also confirm those problems.
    Post edited by willamsheridan on
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Speaking of beards, color options on about half of them haven't worked in a long time.
    Beard%20bug.jpg
    That "lower beard level" of sorts is set to the brown default and the color box to change it isn't available.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • astara#9216 astara Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Sent two tickets to report the awful short bug for the Odyssey Terran uniforms. And not a single acknowledgement. Their latest patch screwed them up after fixing the emote box pin and other issues for the last one.

lRjeGvR.jpg

15821903.gif
    Pretty much sick of it. I bought three of them and I only just got them and they don't even work properly. Sure there are bigger issues, but these are $$$$ lobi items. I expect them to work 100% at all times.

edited May 2016
    There is a "TE - Glove" Hands option available in the Foundry which are the fingerless gloves that some ranks of Terran NPCs use. These were never made available to players with either outfit box.

None of the arm attach kit pieces are available in the Bare Chest category.

Speaking of NPCs, while there are some minor color discrepancies with many pieces, the most dramatic is with Science officers. We simply don't have the (very pretty) range of blues that the NPCs use in any of our palettes.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    There is a "TE - Glove" Hands option available in the Foundry which are the fingerless gloves that some ranks of Terran NPCs use. These were never made available to players with either outfit box.
    More generally, I do wonder about the reason/excuse for such differences between what's available to NPCs and players - has this ever been definitively explained anywhere?

To offer another example: why can't players have black MACO armor (see: Facility 4028's photonic personnel; a few NPCs on Kobali Prime)?
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I think this is the right thread.

On my Reman captain which I unlocked through T5 Romulan Reputation, my Liberated Borg Reman Bridge Officer can't use the Reman Klingon outfit pieces, the Reman Klingon pieces don't even show up. the rest of my Reman bridge officers can however use the Reman Klingon uniform pieces. My Reman captain can use the Reman Klingon uniform pieces as well. It's been this way for a while now, my Liberated Borg Reman Bridge Officer being unable to use Reman Klingon uniform pieces.

Also under Shoulder Pad Left and Shoulder Pad Right for any of the characters on my account, the Iconian Orb piece shows up only on the left shoulder pad, not the right, if I have anything other then Iconian Vest selected for uniform type that the Iconian uniform pieces can be found under. If I have Iconian Vest selected I can place the Iconian Orb on both Left and Right Shoulder Pad uniform options, but not on other uniform types where I can only place the Iconian Orb on the Left Shoulder Pad.

Thank you Dev's for your hard work on STO. :)
    Post edited by zebulongiles on
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Speaking of beards, color options on about half of them haven't worked in a long time.
    Beard%20bug.jpg
    That "lower beard level" of sorts is set to the brown default and the color box to change it isn't available.

Sorry to be commenting on this older post, but I just realized this thread was here.

I've been having this beard issue as well, pretty much since beta.

What appears to be happening - to me at least - is that there are two beards rendering on the face of most species (I've noticed it's not happening on a few species over the years, but I can't recall or discover which ones those were now. Sorry), and the "second" beard, the one "behind" the front beard, cannot be colored, and is stuck at the brownish color shown in the image that duncanidaho posted.

I say there are two beards, because you can adjust the face sliders - mouth protrusion, Jaw width, chin width, and the cheek position and size - and the "second" beard disappears into the face geometry, while the top beard remains on top - and in fact appears to pull out of - the face geo.

So you can have a beard, but it either has to be the same color brown as the background beard, or you have to have a fat faced character. :D

This bug is not limited to one type of beard. It shows up pretty much all of the mouth attachments in the "Beards -" category, however it's more pronounced on some than on others.

• phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Small omission regarding a recent add-on.

The new scraggy beard option (pictured) is not available for holographic ENG boffs from the delta recruitment event.
    CghTMPsXEAAfc3W.jpg

Is that beard option still in the game? Can't seem to find it now.
    Species: Romulan
    Ticket ID: #3,996,328.

Bug:

When lower clothing options were revamped quite a while back, a few boot options in Off Duty aren't available to be worn in the Pants - Tucked High category anymore.

Boot Soft Off-Duty is the option I first noticed, since in previous years' summer events, I wore these boots with the Rolled Shorts from the Beachcomber outfit. When I went to reload that outfit this year, the boots are no longer available.

There are several other boot and shoe styles available in the Pants - Tight category that would look fine in this category, their omission seems to be a mistake:

* Boot Ankle
    * Boot Enterprise
    * Boot Romulan Republic 2
    * Boot Short
    * Boot Studded Ankle
    * Shoe All Good Things
    * Shoe Formal Heels
    * Shoe Motion Picture
    * Shoe Seven of Nine
    * Shoe T'Pol

None of these options appear like they'd have any clipping issues with Tucked High pants, and many would look as good as available options with these shorts.

This is on a female Romulan character, I don't have these shorts on other species to see if it's also an issue there.
    Something I've noticed with the TMP badge. Long ago, you had multiple wide colour pallets on it which meant you could change the backing of it as well as the main chevron, allowing us to really make it reflect what was seen on screen. Now it's down to just the one pallet, with much less in the way of choice and no way of changing the backing which is now fixed to a light grey.
    I need a beer.