test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Confusion about the 0718 officer reward

please pardon my trying to explain what i mean. i saw the new addition of the 0718 officer to the reward packs. i have some confusion about this because if i am not mistaken this 0718 is not supposed to be a hologram, but specific individual character. how can everyone have specific indivudal character as their officer? and if they go down this road why not allow people to have spock or sulu too? thanks for help understanding.

Comments

• Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Easy. From a Roleplaying standpoint, look at it like this:

We've all gone to a different alternate reality just one "tick" off of the "JJVerse" alternate reality and kidnapped a version of 0718 for our own personal use.

Problem solved. Enjoy your new slav...I mean bridge officer.
  • Options
    jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Because despite the multi-player, play the game as if YOU'RE the only one making a difference. It's the same reason everyone has Elisa Flores too, or at least many do, why all the romulans have Tovan Khev, etc. Don't think of the game as multiplayer in Mission mode. If you're doing STFs then it's multi player, but during regular solo play, the other players don't exist for plot purposes.
  • Options
    fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    You can not fire Tovan Khev....we have tried....
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    KKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVV!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    please pardon my trying to explain what i mean. i saw the new addition of the 0718 officer to the reward packs. i have some confusion about this because if i am not mistaken this 0718 is not supposed to be a hologram, but specific individual character. how can everyone have specific indivudal character as their officer? and if they go down this road why not allow people to have spock or sulu too? thanks for help understanding.

well first off, Tovan Khev, there now you can forget immersion....

more seriously you forget... in as far as the plot goes, YOU and YOURS are the only ones playing. There are not 10k 'saviors of the universe' running around risa, or ESD, or wherever. Only YOU stopped the Iconians/Vaadwaur/Voth/Undine/Devidians/etc. There is a very bad break between plot driven 'episodes' in STO and the MMO aspect of STO.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

well first off, Tovan Khev, there now you can forget immersion....

more seriously you forget... in as far as the plot goes, YOU and YOURS are the only ones playing. There are not 10k 'saviors of the universe' running around risa, or ESD, or wherever. Only YOU stopped the Iconians/Vaadwaur/Voth/Undine/Devidians/etc. There is a very bad break between plot driven 'episodes' in STO and the MMO aspect of STO.

Most roleplayers just assume they participated somehow in the story, but not as the "protagonist" to allow for collaborative storytelling in the setting.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."