test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bad gut feeling about the Vengence.

13»

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Tom is correct. In fact, I'd put all my EC on those ships showing up in chat by folks looking to get more than the exchange cap for them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    tenderbits wrote: »
    redvenge wrote: »
    So, I'm supposed to believe that the effect of the Kelvin Incursion caused Star Fleet technology to evolve so rapidly that 23rd century ships in the Kelvin timeline are superior to 24th century ships in the Prime Timeline?

lol.. yeah, alright. :)
    Yes. That is exactly right.

As a result of Nero's shenanagans, Admiral Robocop looked into his tea leaves and was told if he increased patrols of space, he would find the answer. His answer was JJ Kahn, who was more bad-**** than old busted Kahn, due to having a British accent. JJ Kahn was able to super-charge Starfleet's techno-magic to over 9000 (see personal transporter).

This is the exact reason given in Into Darkness (... more or less).

Exactly - Kahn was the variable affect in the AR universe that slingshotted federation technology ahead further than anything anyone in that universe had ever thought of. Now, I find this extremely odd since Kahn had been in cryo sleep for hundreds of years prior to Admiral Marcus waking and forcing him to work for him. He's Shuper Shmart!

Kahn was super smart in the prime universe as well. He learned how to steal the Enterprise with about a day's worth of study. Give him unlimited access to data and an actual goal to work towards rather than revenge, and he'd be capable of amazing things.
    echatty wrote: »
    Tom is correct. In fact, I'd put all my EC on those ships showing up in chat by folks looking to get more than the exchange cap for them.

Possible, but it really depends on the OTHER things that are in the boxes. For example, Oleans and the adapted Rom ships are worth a pittance compared to the others because those boxes had things better than the ships in them. One of the main reasons the Tarantula was expansive is because the other box contents were unappealing. The Na'kuhl ships never got that high because it had the plasma wave console as well as the super-rare ship, which made more people open boxes beyond just getting the prize ship. So, if the Vengeance really is a grand prize, the other ships will be cheaper, and if there's something else in there (like some nifty KU phasers and photons) it could drive prices down even more.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    So this vessel belongs to the federation according to wiki, but it was build in secrecy somewhere around Jupiter and had no markings whatsoever... Since one of the assumptions is that it's going to be a lockbox ship, I imagine my Klingon main toon, who happens to get all the good stuff first, to go at it in a fed looking ship, which isn't a fed ship at all, but officially (again, wiki) it is?

I am slightly confused... ;)

A lot of folks would (reasonably) argue that Section 31 --at least the prime version-- isn't "real Star Fleet" at all. Its rogue intelligence organization nesting inside Star Fleet. So it's sort of like saying a Hydra Battleship is aligned with the US Army. They share design features, but one of them is a lot more likely to turn up on the black market.

Plus in STO we've seen Section 31 reach out to KDF captains before.

Yeah, I am aware of the circumstances and was merely pointing out the inconsistency within the Star Trek wiki page.

With this in mind, and the idea that I could use this ship with a KDF toon would be just way too hilarious ;)
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    A wiki lacking in nuance? Unheard of! :grin:

And why shouldn't the KDF have equal opportunity to fly an OP-by-design dreadnought stolen from a parallel universe.

Honestly Season 13 should just have a rogue mogul of the lobi consortium as the main bad guy. Those people have their fingers in pies across all of time, space, and parallelities.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Well you're right and thinking about it, about how many alien vessels my KDF already has, it is not that much of a big deal after all ;) ....can't wait to get my hands on it, one way or another!

We should get an event similar to the delta recruits, but with a section 31 &/or tal shiar theme! But that is another topic entirely, much like our little discussion anyway ;)
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I still don't understand the ship having a cloak of any kind. Being a pure battleship built by a crazy super secret spy group, a crazy super human warlord with a god complex and old man buckaroo banzai, I wonder, does the ship even have science consoles?
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    I still don't understand the ship having a cloak of any kind. Being a pure battleship built by a crazy super secret spy group, a crazy super human warlord with a god complex and old man buckaroo banzai, I wonder, does the ship even have science consoles?

For the same reason that the Enterprise (Primeverse) had science stations - they monitor shield strength and communications, amongst other sciencey-shenanigans.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    hey, even the TOS D7 had a science lab...only one and it was very tiny, but they had one​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    if the ships are lock box... then the veng should be lobi store... grand prize the T6 ferengi ship for lock box... grand prize should be open faction usable by all 3... veng would only be for feds.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    if the ships are lock box... then the veng should be lobi store... grand prize the T6 ferengi ship for lock box... grand prize should be open faction usable by all 3... veng would only be for feds.

The boff seating tells all the story you need to see. All 4 of the KU ships have dual specs. Up to this point, only prize ships from boxes have had that configuration. The Nagus has only one spec, which matches the config of lobi or C-Store ships.

Since none of this lines up with anything that has happened before, we can only guess, and my guess is that the D4, T'Laru, and KT Connie will be the main prize from the box, with the choice of ship being given when you open the package like they do on the Shessar and JHRS/JHSS. The Vengeance will be a grand prize, and the Nagus will be the Lobi ship.

There is one other possibility, though, and that's that the Vengeance is actually the TOS faction's specific ship. I don't put a lot of stake on it, but it's a definite possibility.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Enh, the rumor I heard was that they're all cross faction. Allegedly the consoles are a 4-peice set.

I wonder which the Lobi ship is?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Enh, the rumor I heard was that they're all cross faction. Allegedly the consoles are a 4-peice set.

I wonder which the Lobi ship is?

Well, if they come from a box that you can pick your prize from, none of them have to be. You can just pick from the 4.
    edited June 2016
    I remember seeing the KT console-set rumor - I'm still unconvinced that the only things that contribute to set-count are the consoles themselves. There could very easily be 2 other pieces of gear common to the KT ships (like a KT warp core) or an associated event reward that combine with 1 console from your faction ship and one console from the lobi ship to give a total of 4 pieces.

That's definitely on my wait and see list. Feds flying D-4s and KDF in a KT Enterprise seem really, really unlikely to me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Does it seem more likely that KDF will get to fly Vengeance, but not Narada?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    My KDF captain remembers quite plainly conspiring together with an operative of the rogue intelligence organization "Section 31" for the betterment of the Empire. I won't even bat an eye at seeing that off-the-books 'black helicopter' in the hands of Section 31 collaborators - even ones outside the shiny white halls of Star Fleet.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User

romulans finally get a carrier and a t6 one and its locked in a gambler's remorse box? Oh the sale of pitchforks and torches will be grand

All the Union guys can use there pitchforks and torches that are left over from the Jem'hadar pilot reskin. Oh man I remember that one like it was yesterday....

• hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    johnnymo1 wrote: »

If Kahns so damn smart why doesn't the Vengence have a Phase Cloak. Just cause the romulans "cloak masters of the galaxy" couldn't figure it out doesn't mean Kahn couldn't.