test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Receive R&D Assistance" >>>>HELP RED ALERT<<<<

downdiggerdowndigger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
Gumarre
Research Lab Scientist
This duty officer can be used to craft high-level items in the R&D School - R&D: Aegis Set.
This duty officer is obtained in one of 3 ways:

Automatically rewarded to characters who maxed out the old Crafting system prior to Season 9.5.
Chance to be rewarded from the "Receive R&D Assistance" duty officer assignment, obtained at Starfleet Academy or Klingon Academy.
Awarded to all Delta Recruits who have reached Level 1 in any R&D School

OK I have asked for the "Receive R&D Assistance" and did not get GUMARRE ... got some lame bartender
So what now how the hell do i get this Duty Officer

Please help !
4c02cccf09523a701c0e4f3b9aa56374.jpg
Where it all began

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Curse of the RNG...

Keep Trying.

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • downdiggerdowndigger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Is there a cool down to do the Request for R&D Assistance?
    Where it all began
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    3-4 days, if memory serves (forget exact hours value, might be 40).
    How many times would I have to do the request before I get GUMARRE or am I just not ever getting him?
    Where it all began
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    downdigger wrote: »
    How many times would I have to do the request before I get GUMARRE or am I just not ever getting him?

It's a chance to receive him, it's impossible to say how many times you have to try. Might be 10, 100, 1000, 10000 ...

If it helps though a lot of people have him due to the Delta event and former R&D schools. You can bu the AEGIS parts pff the exchange or find someone to craft them for you, just make sure you got the ingredients (you can look them up by disabling the R&D filter). Perfomance wise the set is okay-ish, but the free mission reward sets (Solanae, Sol, Quantum ...) are en par if not better, actually.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    I remember the days when this mission was actually profitable
    T93uSC8.jpg
    All good info to know Thanks guys/girls which ever the case may be... I just want to make sure that my toon/toon's get the full range of the XP from what I have read that with out the AEGIS GUMARRE in your roster you lose out on some serious X P and crafting skills down the road I want to get the most bang for my BUCK$ Since 500 zen a month is a pittance
    Where it all began
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    downdigger wrote: »
    All good info to know Thanks guys/girls which ever the case may be... I just want to make sure that my toon/toon's get the full range of the XP from what I have read that with out the AEGIS GUMARRE in your roster you lose out on some serious X P and crafting skills down the road I want to get the most bang for my BUCK$ Since 500 zen a month is a pittance

I'm sure you misunderstood. Gumarre doesn't provide any boni aside from being able to craft AEGIS parts, it's a regular blue/rare DOFF otherwise. You get the same amount of R&D XP from every doff, higher rarity ones have a higher chance to crit which is in the case of the 6000 XP daily 1000 bonus XP, XP gained through actually crafting items is negligible (you're better off just doing the daily as the resources sunk to amke actual progress with crafting items isn't efficient).​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    Also very good to point out.
    But not that it matters I'm just a bit OCD like to have all the the thing's in there right places :p
    Where it all began
  • robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Cool down is 48 hours.
    By my estimates (out of about 1000 Request assistance missions) the chance to get him is about one in 60-70 attempts.
    Also, there are no bartenders that drop from that mission, so are you sure you're doing the right one?
    Thanks Robin Yeah ... I'm doing the right one it wasn't a bartender it was a Shields maintenance guy My mistake... guess try try again is the theme ;)
    Where it all began
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    It took me quite a while to get Gumarre on my main crafter. While I don't really see myself crafting the Aegis set, I too am a bit OCD about such things.

I ran that mission at least once a week for 19 months before I got the blasted DOff. Others got it within a month, some on their first try.

It's all completely random, which can make it feel like you won the lotto when you get it quick, or like you're the RNG's personal punching bag when it takes 'forever'.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Actually there are some doffing missions where Gummere has pretty good traits for...
    T93uSC8.jpg
    Well blessed be the R&D Gods on STOL I Received a gift of Gummere for my R&D DOFF whew it was about 180 hours of requesting the R&D assistance before he was in my roster tucked away until i was doing some crafting and Whala TADA there he is Thanks to everyone that answered my noobish questions :)
    Where it all began
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Im pretty sure the rewards from the new temporal characters objectives allow you to get gummere on your toons
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Im pretty sure the rewards from the new temporal characters objectives allow you to get gummere on your toons

Yep, I don't know which one, but one of them gave my AoY toon the Gummere DOff.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    You get Gummy in the very first award.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png