test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AoY non C Store ships?

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere guys. I've tried to stay well away from Tribble so I can play it on release spoiler free :) I remember playing the LoR beta and by the time it came out the missions had lost that new feel.

I'm seriously considering getting the big pack with all those c store ships but I'm curious what non store ships there will be for the TOS faction? I mean there must be some free ships for those not wanting to spend real cash? Mostly curious since if there are a selection I might get the "starter" pack if they do one and spend the cash on something else :).

Cheers and sorry again if this has been covered before. I had a look but alas didn't find anything.
Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.

Comments

• kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    There's only the starter ship that's free. TOS characters are just fed characters with a different opening story, so they didn't think there would be a point to give them more free ships when they could use the ones the feds already have.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    from the looks of it only one class, the pioneer class. so if you are looking for the others then buy the pack. i assume by now almost everyone who had the chance to get zen managed to get the t1 connie by now, so either one of these on aoy launch.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    So they will use nothing but the t1 ship to begin with? Does this mean they use the other credit bought ships like the Olympic etc? Or are the TOS missions open for all factions? I thought they were TOS faction only?
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    you would be asking for spoilers from this point but to cut it down, for t1, by default it would be pioneer class and then after you can swap to connie i would imagine because the early missions were one to next on tribble with no secotr space, not sure if each one of them will be reached from the tos sector space and it is the case you can goto esd and switch ship there.

i have no idea if the nx class can also be used.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    So they will use nothing but the t1 ship to begin with? Does this mean they use the other credit bought ships like the Olympic etc? Or are the TOS missions open for all factions? I thought they were TOS faction only?

except the first six mission, there are no TOS missions. when you finish those. you just another fed, not counting the event stuff. for freebie ships you get the same thing as every other federation character.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    Thanks for not sharing spoilers ;). I've gathered that TOS faction is similar to Romulans where you do so much then merge with the Feds. Other than those first few missions is there anything to do in the TOS sector? Like a new battle zone and patrols etc? Will be weird flying TOS battlecruisers against Iconian ships lol.
    Terrell.png

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Thanks for not sharing spoilers ;). I've gathered that TOS faction is similar to Romulans where you do so much then merge with the Feds. Other than those first few missions is there anything to do in the TOS sector? Like a new battle zone and patrols etc? Will be weird flying TOS battlecruisers against Iconian ships lol.

This expansion doesn't seem like it's getting a new Battlezone.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

This expansion doesn't seem like it's getting a new Battlezone.

The Temporal Defense Reputation specifically states that we can only earn Temporal Marks from 2 new queues and the Badlands Battlezone. So no new Battlezone is confirmed.
    edited June 2016
    So other than six new missions what else is there to do exactly? I know we get the new rep with two queues but it feels a little light as far as content goes for a whole expansion feels more like a season update.
    Terrell.png

• sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    So other than six new missions what else is there to do exactly? I know we get the new rep with two queues but it feels a little light as far as content goes for a whole expansion feels more like a season update.

There are apparently far more missions than that, and are just not complete enough yet to even be on Tribble. The story lines for some of the later ones simply haven't been resolved yet.
    Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if more missions kept coming out for a few weeks after the expansion goes live, and are then just collectively lumped into the "Agents of Yesterday" story arcs after the fact.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

looks like a few new missions spead out over the rest of the game but those are cross faction. and thats onr\e of the main complains about it.

it kinda is a season update with alot more love then normal but still a little too small to seem like an expansion.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Lets see, TOS toons get to use the Excalibur, the Galaxy, the Defiant, the Nova, etc as level-up ships.

If you want to maintain the TOS look from 1-60, you have to buy the mega pack.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

there are a lot more episodes in the expansion, but atm, it seems that there are only 6 TOS episodes for your TOS character to play.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    LOL, free. He said Free. OMG, good one.